Thread: Quick Yak Trip in Moss Point

vCash

Quick Yak Trip in Moss Point

Went back to the McCinnis Bayou boat launch for a 2nd crack at the marsh around there. I fished 11-3pm and despite a breezy day, I was shocked to fin clear water when I launched. I decided to try to sight fish so I went back in some cuts and ponds looking for fish. When I'd stand in my yak I could see everything. After first hour I only saw 2 rat reds that were twins swimming side by side. Threw at them once and they cruised away. Also saw a gar and a sheepshead. Switched tactics to a Mann's Walker topwater. Covered a lot of water with that joker and got nothing. Switched to an LSU vudu under a matrix cork and started pounding banks. That produced a handful of rat reds between 13-15 inches. Marsh was covered in glass minnows and mullet. When the shrimp get in, which is real soon, it's going to be on fire. Even though I've fished this area twice and haven't killed it yet, this is my favorite MS area. You launch right in to some beautiful, protected marsh.

vCash
    What type of yak do you have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    What type of yak do you have?
    KC 12 with the v-lock package with is just a transom trolling motor mount. I internally wired it.