Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk OL line-up should Rankin miss BYU

vCash

Let's talk OL line-up should Rankin miss BYU

I've asked around on the status and haven't gotten anything definitive on Rankin so for sake of argument, let's assume he's out. If Dan/Hev send out Eiland at LT, I'm not going to be a real happy camper. Eiland actually looked so much better than he did in HS, I think there is a future for him. I thought he was Damian Robinson 2.0 and I was wrong on that. He'll be a starter but he's still at least a year off from being there. He took a beating in the Auburn game. I do not think that was the best 5 combo we have. In the Auburn game, I get you can't go crazy mixing and matching but when you have a buy week before BYU, you cannot tell me that Elgton Jenkins should not be the LT with either Darryl Williams at center and plugging Storey at guard or just go straight to Harrison Moon at center.

Hopefully Rankin will be back but I'm all for holding him out for BYU to ensure he's 100% for the SEC toss-up games. We have 2 weeks to put our best 5 out there. What does that look like?

vCash
    Not worried. I have learned not to worry about the O Line. I found that I am a happier guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I've asked around on the status and haven't gotten anything definitive on Rankin so for sake of argument, let's assume he's out. If Dan/Hev send out Eiland at LT, I'm not going to be a real happy camper. Eiland actually looked so much better than he did in HS, I think there is a future for him. I thought he was Damian Robinson 2.0 and I was wrong on that. He'll be a starter but he's still at least a year off from being there. He took a beating in the Auburn game. I do not think that was the best 5 combo we have. In the Auburn game, I get you can't go crazy mixing and matching but when you have a buy week before BYU, you cannot tell me that Elgton Jenkins should not be the LT with either Darryl Williams at center and plugging Storey at guard or just go straight to Harrison Moon at center.

Hopefully Rankin will be back but I'm all for holding him out for BYU to ensure he's 100% for the SEC toss-up games. We have 2 weeks to put our best 5 out there. What does that look like?
    Little birdie say he done for the year. Ligament damage
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Well, crap.

vCash
    That would suck. Please say it's not true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    That would suck. Please say it's not true
    Hope not, but usually a spot on source
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Well that makes the topic of this thread more important. What’s your 5? I’m going Jenkins, Storey, Williams, Calhoun, Reese. Either that or start Moon at center and kick Jenkins over.

vCash
    Ligament damage on his high ankle sprain? I’m skeptical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    Ligament damage on his high ankle sprain? I’m skeptical
    They can fix a ligament.

vCash
    Well that makes the topic of this thread more important. What’s your 5? I’m going Jenkins, Storey, Williams, Calhoun, Reese. Either that or start Moon at center and kick Jenkins over.
    Part is me agrees, but on the other hand maybe Eiland looks a lot better not going against one of the 3 great defenses in the league on the road.

vCash
    If Rankin is out one game, you simply plug in your backup (Eiland). That way you keep chemistry with the other 4 staying in the same spot.

If Rankin is out all year, then you have to think differently. You have to think is Eiland the answer, or do you put in somebody else and start moving people around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Part is me agrees, but on the other hand maybe Eiland looks a lot better not going against one of the 3 great defenses in the league on the road.
    Well of course he’ll look better against worse competition but is that the best 5 on the field?

Banned
    vCash
    Well 17 us . shit.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Eiland would be the 5th starter

vCash
    I don't understand why we don't give Moon a look at center. I'm not saying he's the solution but it sort of seems like we aren't giving him a fair shot. He hasn't looked that bad when he played.

vCash
    Do expect to see Rankin play next sat. After that no idea.

Banned
    vCash
    being in this position sux AND eats a big bag of dicks. 4 and 5 star OLmen should be foaming at the bit. c'mon, guys, let's end this shit NOW.

vCash
    I would put Moon at C and move Jenkins to LT.... Regardless 1A Mississippi OL Coach > Hevesy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Eiland would be the 5th starter
    You can easily sell me on Eiland as starting LT in 2 years. You can sell me on it next year and I'll grimace but it's sellable. Eiland at LT for the remainder of the season is terrifying. I get that it's building for the future but got dangit I want to win more than 6 games this year. I want to win 8 this year and set up for a big year next year.

vCash
    You can easily sell me on Eiland as starting LT in 2 years. You can sell me on it next year and I'll grimace but it's sellable. Eiland at LT for the remainder of the season is terrifying. I get that it's building for the future but got dangit I want to win more than 6 games this year. I want to win 8 this year and set up for a big year next year.
    That's what can happen if you only recruit three o-linemen at a time and you redshirt every JUCO guy that you get. And then do nothing about it for 9 years.