Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather Dawgs - Hurricane Nate

vCash

Weather Dawgs - Hurricane Nate

What do you guys think about the storm to our South? Nothing about it looks good right now for the Gulf Coast.

vCash
    It?s forecast to make landfall as a Cat 1 hurricane. Models show landfall anywhere from LA to FL panhandle. My best guess is orange beach to Panama City.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    It?s forecast to make landfall as a Cat 1 hurricane. Models show landfall anywhere from LA to FL panhandle. My best guess is orange beach to Panama City.
    So that includes the land mass between LA and Fl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So that includes the land mass between LA and Fl?
    Certainly can?t rule out a hit to that uninhabited area. All going to depend how quick a front coming down can pick it up and push it north and then northeast.

vCash
    Don't want a hurricane but do want rain on my food plots. Any chance we have some non tropical related rain to look forward to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Don't want a hurricane but do want rain on my food plots. Any chance we have some non tropical related rain to look forward to?
    I'm planting later and later these days. A couple of my plots looked terrible last year because of the drought. The one behind my house? I planted it close to thanksgiving right before a rain. It was beautiful at Christmas and through the season.

vCash
    Is there a name to this storm yet?

I'm supposed to be in Gulf shores/Orange Beach for the Shrimp Festival starting Thurs. Oct 12th. Hope I will be in the clear.

vCash
    It?s not named yet but it will be Nate when it is. We?ve got some some rain chances this weekend. 50% here in Vegas as it stands now. Obviously much higher if the system takes a more westward trajectory.

vCash
    It?s not named yet but it will be Nate when it is. We?ve got some some rain chances this weekend. 50% here in Vegas as it stands now. Obviously much higher if the system takes a more westward trajectory.
    Thanks. I've been seein the rain chances increase for The Weekend around here but didn't know if that was based solely off this storm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I'm planting later and later these days. A couple of my plots looked terrible last year because of the drought. The one behind my house? I planted it close to thanksgiving right before a rain. It was beautiful at Christmas and through the season.
    I planted one plot the Monday after the Egg Bowl last year. Turned out fine
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Weatherman says... (Tips cap to Woody Assaf) GFS model has it hitting us and LA. EURO says Bama and Fla panhandle. Lookin like a coinflip.

vCash
    PLEASE Dear Jesus, Let it rain..... The ponds are very low...

vCash
    Latest forecast track has shifted slightly west. NHC has the center of the cone around Pensacola now. Have to see if this is a trend or a hiccup in the models.

vCash
    Latest forecast track has shifted slightly west. NHC has the center of the cone around Pensacola now. Have to see if this is a trend or a hiccup in the models.
    Man I hope not, I was hoping they would start moving it east.

vCash
    We now have tropical storm Nate. Forecast track very similar to Katrina, but not going to be anywhere near the intensity. May be time to scratch a hurricane chase off the list of things to do.

Banned
    vCash
    Good news is, Cat 1s aren't too bad. Bad news is, these things can spin up very fast. Remember Opal? Was forecasted like this and was a Cat 4 when it nailed Navarre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Good news is, Cat 1s aren't too bad. Bad news is, these things can spin up very fast. Remember Opal? Was forecasted like this and was a Cat 4 when it nailed Navarre.
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about, it's no big deal until it gets in the Gulf and explodes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about, it's no big deal until it gets in the Gulf and explodes.
    Fortunately, water temps are bathtub hot right now. The central and northern Gulf are showing low 80?s with 80 being the threshold to maintain a tropical system. Back during Katrina they were near 90. Right now I?m really not looking for this to explode into a monster.

vCash
    Fortunately, water temps are bathtub hot right now. The central and northern Gulf are showing low 80?s with 80 being the threshold to maintain a tropical system. Back during Katrina they were near 90. Right now I?m really not looking for this to explode into a monster.
    I hope you're right, and thanks for answering the weather questions.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Neither am I. This system is a fast-mover and won't want to sit in the middle of the tub. Nate wants to get the 17 out of there right now. Helps that there's a front that's gonna be pushing through soon that will motivate Nate a little further. Will be interesting to watch the track on this considering Nate is moving so quickly through the Central American area. Also, the track has shifted even further West to make landfall near NOLA or the MS/AL Gulf Coast. Hopefully we start seeing a trend to the East a little, but I doubt it. The cone of confidence is pretty set. Remember, though, that the cone only speaks for the eye of the storm. The effects will be much further out than the cone. So even if you aren't in the cone, you can still be affected by Nate.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner