Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we going to sign some more offensive linemen this year?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Then we are halfway there with Johnson and McDowell and have IFYOK saying we have 2 more coming. There is your 4. It's also possible that Cooper and Richardson (from '17) make it from JUCO, and if they are RS like we tend to do, they will be RSJR in 2020. That's also why IFYOK said last January we didn't need to be in a panic if a couple of guys from this year went JUCO
    what's McDowell's first name? thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    What are the chances we make a late run at Cole Smith? Maybe he has 2nd thoughts with LSU laying a turd this year?
    I'm more concerned about holding on to McDowell than pursuing Cole..

vCash
    Deleted...
    Last edited by StatesboroBlues; 10-04-2017 at 02:02 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    what's McDowell's first name? thanks
    Griffin McDowell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Think UGA or FSU are going to get in the game? They both love South GA linemen.

Banned
    vCash
    what's going on with him? his offer list doesn't show better programs than us on it.

vCash
    Because you think he's better? Or because his commitment is not solid? Or because you think some big time programs are going to come calling?

A combination of two or more?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Because you think he's better? Or because his commitment is not solid? Or because you think some big time programs are going to come calling?

A combination of two or more?
    Yes better. No it's solid . And Yes they might
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 10-04-2017 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    We are still relegated to having to find the small school hidden gems or academy guys like Beckwith and coaching them up.

It makes no sense, and until this changes, there will be no competitive games vs the top teams in the SEC.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    We are still relegated to having to find the small school hidden gems or academy guys like Beckwith and coaching them up.

It makes no sense, and until this changes, there will be no competitive games vs the top teams in the SEC.
    I think things may be changing on our end. our crootin' is really looking good these days.

vCash

The truth is we aren't landing enough of the elite ones from Mississippi. Steen, Womack, and Lashley went to Alabama. Charles and now Cole Smith to LSU. Patterson and Rod Taylor to Ole Miss. A few of those we had pretty close ties to and I believe we offered all of them. The truth is we've gotten outworked a lot in recruiting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The truth is we aren't landing enough of the elite ones from Mississippi. Steen, Womack, and Lashley went to Alabama. Charles and now Cole Smith to LSU. Patterson and Rod Taylor to Ole Miss. A few of those we had pretty close ties to and I believe we offered all of them. The truth is we've gotten outworked a lot in recruiting.
    patience grasshopper. the board has been lit up like a Christmas Tree today with positive crootin' news.

vCash
    If I remember right, neither MSU or UM offered Steen....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    patience grasshopper. the board has been lit up like a Christmas Tree today with positive crootin' news.
    Absolutely true. The biggest thing to do or wait and see at this point is if we can get the other two o-line prospects as rumored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If I remember right, neither MSU or UM offered Steen....
    I believe you are correct.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

Dolla Bill is a 4* UA AA
    Griffin McDowell plays for the top 6A school in Georgia (Lee County)
    Jerome Carvin plays for a Top 20 program in TN (Cordova)
    The other kid we're on has offers from all across the country

Your post just isn't true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Dolla Bill is a 4* UA AA
    Griffin McDowell plays for the top 6A school in Georgia (Lee County)
    Jerome Carvin plays for a Top 20 program in TN (Cordova)
    The other kid we're on has offers from all across the country

Your post just isn't true
    McDowell - Lee County is 7-0, and averaging 40 points a game and plays in the same region with Houston Co, Northside-Warner Robins, and Valdosta. They are currently the #1 6-A team in the state. The school has 1,600+ students, and it produced Buster Posey and Luke Bryan, so it's not some po-dunk MAIS school no one has ever heard of.

vCash
    Womack-was never coming here.
    Lashley- Would you rather have Lashley or Jeff Simmons? I'll let you figure out what I'm talking about here.
    Charles-Was from Louisiana. LSU was the "Dream School"
    Patterson- Was living with a Ole Miss booster in Petal. Never coming here.
    Taylor- OM pipeline, at the time, to C'Way was strong. And honestly Taylor hasn't really done much at OM. I'd take Elgton Jenkins and Deion Calhoun or Story over him.

Banned
    vCash
    Lashley or Simmons?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well, this class will be RS So in 2020, so probably the better judge is how we doing compared to the starters we will in 2019. Of course with only signing one HS OL last year, we might need to judge it based on how many we expect to be ready as a RS FR in 2019.

In 2019, ignoring attrition, we're going to have Reese, Parker, Eiland, Suggs, Story, Williams, Phillips, and Champion. So basically we have already seen four OL play: Reese (RS Jr), Williams (Sr.), Story (Sr.), and Eiland (RS Jr.). Then Suggs will be a RS So, Parker will be a RS Jr., and Champion and Phillips will be RS Srs. You'd think that would be enough RS SO and above to put together a decent line.

In 2020, ignoring attrition, we're going to have Reese (RS Sr), Eiland (RS Sr.), Suggs (RS jr), and Parker (RS Sr.), and then whoever we sign this class will presumably be RS So at that point. Obviously this ignores JUCO additions, but it would be nice to have another 4 RS So to choose from to fill out our line (especially considering it seems unlikely we will have two straight classes where we don't suffer any attrition).
    Yes, you understand this. I don't want to be stuck in a hole in 2019 and 2020 (when our best QB recruit EVER is starting) and unfortunately I think we'll need some JUCO help to avoid that