Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Formation

Banned
    vCash

Diamond Formation

As best I can remember we ran this formation once vs Auburn for an eight yard game and then didn't see it again. I think since (including) the Ok State game in 2013 we have run this formation less than ten times total but every time we run it we get good yardage. Why do we run it so infrequently? I would love to see this be more of a staple of our offense and the pistol formation with the speed option outta both of these formations. I think with all our backs, hybrid backs and TE's we can do a shit ton of creative things outta the diamond formation and best I can tell nobody else is really using it either so it'd give us an advantage there too cause defenses aren't used to seeing it.

vCash
    I'll admit that I know very little about X's and O's, but I've wondered this, too. The diamond formation seemed like a highlight of the Relf offense, and it seems like it would work well for Fitz, too.

vCash
    I thought we ran it 3 or 4 times last week..... could be wrong. But we had some good success with it if i recall correctly. Hopefully we will see it more going forwards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    I'll admit that I know very little about X's and O's, but I've wondered this, too. The diamond formation seemed like a highlight of the Relf offense, and it seems like it would work well for Fitz, too.
    We ran it zero times with Relf.

vCash
    We ran it in the Liberty Bowl and Perkins got a TD out of it on a pass from Dak. No idea why we don't use it very much.

vCash
    Not the god damned diamond formation again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Nobody expects the diamond formation!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    My memory is that we started using the Diamond Formation after OK State surprised us with us in the opener in Houston.

Banned
    vCash
    Oop Dee Oop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    My memory is that we started using the Diamond Formation after OK State surprised us with us in the opener in Houston.
    That's correct.

vCash
    Jesus! We’ve never used it more than a couple plays. OK State used it and it’s become some damn mythical cure all for people that don’t know shit about the option but worship it anyway.

vCash
    TBH , I would go 2 TE's or 2 RB's and just "Run the Darn Ball!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Jesus! We’ve never used it more than a couple plays. OK State used it and it’s become some damn mythical cure all for people that don’t know shit about the option but worship it anyway.
    This

Banned
    vCash
    This
    We've used if five times in five years and always for nice gains so why wouldn't you want to see it called more than .0001% of the time?

vCash
    Yep. 61 just trolling.

vCash
    I like it as a different look 2-3 times a game to try to catch the defense off guard or exploit a mismatch, but you'd have to base your whole offense around it in order to get a positive result out of heavy use. It's a gimmick in today's game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep. 61 just trolling.
    Dawg61 is the worst poster on this site, epitome of troll

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    That's not a very grownup comment Hasu. Would you like to discuss the diamond formation cause if not you and Liverpool are the ones trolling in this thread not me.

vCash
    I think the issue is personnel... You can't stick in it with what we are trying to do to create mismatches in other places. I also will state I don't know a whole lot about the diamond but from looking at it I don't think we have the Wrs outside to draw enough attention for Ds to no load the box against it and just play man on the outside. Again, not as familiar with it but from looking at it on paper that would be one of the issues I see with sticking in it. It will work for us here and there but once a D adjusts to it they will eat us up in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I resent this