Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU has officially lost it

vCash
    Cole Smith, come on back home to M State...

vCash
    They don't have a 100 years of elite football history. The 50's and part of the 60's they were good but were average after that up until Saban put them on the map. They road that wave until a few years ago. They are not Michigan, OSU or Bama, they are LSU.

vCash
    LSU is not an elite job. This last hire just proves it. I've said it for years. Those coonasses are crazy and impossible to deal with n

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They don't have a 100 years of elite football history. The 50's and part of the 60's they were good but were average after that up until Saban put them on the map. They road that wave until a few years ago. They are not Michigan, OSU or Bama, they are LSU.
    Les Miles was an 8-4 coach at Okie State. He took Saban's guys and rode that horse into the ground. Les made some really bone headed decisions in games that his elite 5* talent get him out of. Couple that with guys leaving early for the draft and LSU has fallen on hard times with O.

And I hope it stays this way for a while. With OM completely out of the picture and LSU kneecapped two or three years we have a chance to bring in some really exceptional recruiting classes.

Banned
    vCash
    didn't they fire Les mid season? when you do shit like that, you're not going to get heavy weight coaches knocking on your door.

they're going to have to fire their AD too if they expect to get a decent coach. LSU is going to have to come up off their high horse.

I do think LSU is an elite job / program though. got the entire state basically to themselves and they croot elites throughout the Southeast. Along with all that, they've got 2 natties in recent memory and a rabid fan base that can pack 100K when things are going well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    didn't they fire Les mid season? when you do shit like that, you're not going to get heavy weight coaches knocking on your door.

they're going to have to fire their AD too if they expect to get a decent coach. LSU is going to have to come up off their high horse.

I do think LSU is an elite job / program though. got the entire state basically to themselves and they croot elites throughout the Southeast. Along with all that, they've got 2 natties in recent memory and a rabid fan base that can pack 100K when things are going well.
    LSU is a top 10-15 gig.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I believe the playoffs was a huge blow to the superiority of the SEC. Used to, you pretty much just had to win the SEC to play in the NC and all other conferences were fighting for the other spot. Now you can go to any Power 5 school and have just as good of a shot, if not better due to SEC schools being of higher talent, but still only getting 1 of the 4 spots. If I was an elite college football coach, I would not go to LSU, nor would I go to any SEC school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I believe the playoffs was a huge blow to the superiority of the SEC. Used to, you pretty much just had to win the SEC to play in the NC and all other conferences were fighting for the other spot. Now you can go to any Power 5 school and have just as good of a shot, if not better due to SEC schools being of higher talent, but still only getting 1 of the 4 spots. If I was an elite college football coach, I would not go to LSU, nor would I go to any SEC school.
    Up to last year all I heard was if you didn't win you conference you could not get in. Well OSU got in and didn't even play in the conference championship.

I think with it being decided by 13 individuals talking and making rational points to each other anything is possible. One conference could get two spots.

What is going to happen if both Georgia and Bama are undefeated going into the SEC championship game? When the first rankings came out last season they had Bama and A &M in the top four. Going into the SEC championship if both are undefeated I think both will be top 4. What happens to the loser if it is a really close hard played ball game?

We could see two teams from the same conference. I don't think the committee boxes them selves in with rules that the talking sports heads make up.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 10-04-2017 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Tennessee and Florida agree with your assessment.**

vCash
    Eh there is a ton of money to be made in the SEC, especially at one of the SEC elites. I wouldn't want a coach that would back away from a competitive situation. If there was a coach on LSU's list that said no because of being in the SEC I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

vCash
    They asked for Miles to be fired year after year and now it's Alleva's fault for listening to them?

I agree the firing/hiring was completely mismanaged because he didn't get support for he new hire before jumping into the deep end, but LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.

And I like it!

vCash
    They asked for Miles to be fired year after year and now it's Alleva's fault for listening to them?

I agree the firing/hiring was completely mismanaged because he didn't get support for he new hire before jumping into the deep end, but LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.
    Yep. They're on O-bation for the next 2-3 years or so.

Banned
    vCash

Damn hack, I forgot to think about it like that. Where they went horribly wrong was doing it mid season. Pure emotion with no thinking. Coaches take note of shit like that. They'll have to fire the AD if they want to hire a good coach. Kinda funny So Cal was in a similar situation but their AD was smart enough to not hire O.

But yeah, LSU fans made the bed their sleeping in. Sure do hate it for them.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Eh there is a ton of money to be made in the SEC, especially at one of the SEC elites. I wouldn't want a coach that would back away from a competitive situation. If there was a coach on LSU's list that said no because of being in the SEC I wouldn't want anything to do with him.
    My point was, however poorly I made it, that if your #1 goal is to win a national championship as a head coach, your best bet isn't necessarily just going to a traditionally great SEC school with ridiculously high expectations anymore. You have just as good of a shot or better somewhere outside the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    First thing they should do is fire the AD. A 12 million buyout was crazy.
    Especially to a guy that has never been a successful head coach, other than interim.

vCash
    For a 4 million a year with a 12mil buyout, they can hire me and I'll coach them for a year....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Why would Gruden, Kelley, etc etc want the job now? ...after one year. They screwed up firing Miles.
    Gruden has repeatedly stated that he has no desire to coach college ball. Zero. Never going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    $12 mill buyout for Orgeron right now. Unless Shaq pays for it LSU is stuck with O for a minute.
    They still have to pay Les $10mill left on his buyout, + $12 mill to EdO, + buyout his inflated OC & DC who pull in +$3.5/mill for just the two of them. I just don't see LSU having that kind of cash laying around to hand over $25 mill + what it will cost to lure another staff to take over. They are up shit creek, and I'm loving every minute of it.

vCash
    There may be someone closer to the LSU program that could correct or confirm my understanding, but I thought the TAF handled a lot of the $$$ used in Head Coach compensation...

Is this not the case?

edit: here's an ooooold article that explains a lot of it.....

LSU/The state actually pays very little of a coach's package... Bammer is the same way...
    Last edited by TUSK; 10-05-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17