Thread: Couch and Todd

vCash

Couch and Todd

According to Bob C. - Mullen says Couch and Todd are getting first team reps this week.

But, of course, Dan only plays upperclassmen and won't play talent over experience or make adjustments.***

vCash
    I dont see this being a good thing

vCash
    Eh. It's a bye week and they need reps. I'm not sure that they are better than the guys we roll out right now even though they both have a higher ceiling than the guys we start. We'll see if Couch's light has turned on or not.

Dan has gotten better about playing the best players this year than he has in year's past- so kudos to him for changing.

vCash
    So they're starting Saturday?****
    Seriously though, this is probably good even if Dan is just trying to motivate the starters. It's better than doing nothing.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 10-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    I dont see this being a good thing
    It can absolutely be a good thing if it allows Gray to move to slot.

Couch & Todd playing well are critical to this team getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Exactly. It's pretty evident that the guys ahead of them have had their chance and Gray just isn't comfortable outside the slot. Even if they are only slightly better, if it makes Gray better, it's a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Eh. It's a bye week and they need reps. I'm not sure that they are better than the guys we roll out right now even though they both have a higher ceiling than the guys we start. We'll see if Couch's light has turned on or not.

Dan has gotten better about playing the best players this year than he has in year's past- so kudos to him for changing.
    It seems that guys with the physical size of Couch and Todd but with the ball skills of some of our smaller receivers are the ones that we can't get to sign with us.

vCash

Gray isnt going to move to Slot though- that is reserved for Mixon and then Dear when he returns in a couple weeks

vCash

Couch and Todd are #3 SEC WR's at best. They will struggle to beat out the Callaway freshman and the juco WR from Hinds come next Fall.

vCash
    Let's not forget that Couch and Todd were fairly highly rated recruits. So by all indications, they were upgrades when we recruited and signed them.

vCash
    Couch and Todd are #3 SEC WR's at best. They will struggle to beat out the Callaway freshman and the juco WR from Hinds come next Fall.
    BS...The Callaway kid will redshirt. I watched him play and he doesn't run routes well and takes plays off. Guidry is supposed to play immediately that's the reason for signing him. If Couch continues to improve he will stay on the field more. He has too many intangibles.

vCash
    I have no idea who will be better than who with such little evidence so far. I do find it funny that you proclaim ?the callaway freshman? will beat a current player out (and he very well may) and at the same time had no idea who James Williams (another callaway kid) is. Tells me most likely you haven?t seen heath play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Exactly. It's pretty evident that the guys ahead of them have had their chance and Gray just isn't comfortable outside the slot. Even if they are only slightly better, if it makes Gray better, it's a win.
    Gray isn't comfortable outside the slot? When has he ever been in the slot? JUCO?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Gray isn't comfortable outside the slot? When has he ever been in the slot? JUCO?
    Played mostly on the outside in juco as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Played mostly on the outside in juco as well.
    My mistake - I should have said he is more of a #2. He needs a bigger guy or another quality receiver like Fred to take some of the pressure off.