Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Or Sell: Donald Gray

vCash

Buy Or Sell: Donald Gray

Buy or sell Donald Gray ever makes a big play in big game for MSU from the WR position?

Bo Bounds was making fun of his scissor kick that he does when the ball isn't thrown directly to him. Pretty funny.

vCash
    Buy. He scored a td vs om last year... he already has

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Buy. He scored a td vs om last year... he already has
    Ok. Does he make another?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ok. Does he make another?
    If you consider aTm, Kentucky, ark, and OM big games then yes. If only bama counts as a big game, then no

Banned
    vCash
    Buy as soon as Mullen keeps him in the slot. He has ridiculous hands. ODB type hands. He is explosive on PR too but he makes me nervous with how he catches punts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Buy as soon as Mullen keeps him in the slot. He has ridiculous hands. ODB type hands. He is explosive on PR too but he makes me nervous with how he catches punts.
    Lol. Me too. He scares me to death but his hands are like spiderwebs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lol. Me too. He scares me to death but his hands are like spiderwebs!
    Does he? I swear it seems like he drops 3 balls a game to me. They may be hard to catch balls, but balls ODB would damn sure catch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you consider aTm, Kentucky, ark, and OM big games then yes. If only bama counts as a big game, then no
    This is the correct answer.

vCash
    They're all big games for us from here on out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Does he? I swear it seems like he drops 3 balls a game to me. They may be hard to catch balls, but balls ODB would damn sure catch.
    I think you're labeling pass breakups as drops. He has also landed a couple times with his feet OOB but he's still caught it. He does need to work on getting separation from the DB and his route running though.

vCash
    Love me some Donald Gray. I'm convinced that any issues of his are primarily a result of us not using him properly or being unable to get him the ball in the right spot.

vCash
    I think you're labeling pass breakups as drops. He has also landed a couple times with his feet OOB but he's still caught it. He does need to work on getting separation from the DB and his route running though.
    He needs Jameon Lewis to show him how to play slot receiver. He could play for a while in the NFL if he learns. He has the pure speed and hands to play in the NFL but without great route running it is wasted unless you are 6'5".

vCash
    Yes, I am. However, when I used to watch ODB and Landry dominate everybody with their spiderweb hands, they usually still came down with those.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Yes, I am. However, when I used to watch ODB and Landry dominate everybody with their spiderweb hands, they usually still came down with those.
    I think that may be the problem. Comparing a solid MSU WR to a 1st Rd WR with some of the best hands football has ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think that may be the problem. Comparing a solid MSU WR to a 1st Rd WR with some of the best hands football has ever seen.
    Hell, I would take Jameon or Bumphis about now. Gray has talent but we are getting zero production out of him.

vCash
    I think he will be fine. The bigger kicker other than no holds called on UGA and Auburn were the early hits before the ball got there that should have been PIs. It’s a bitch going on the road to two top ten teams in the SEC in their home openers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Hell, I would take Jameon or Bumphis about now. Gray has talent but we are getting zero production out of him.
    You think Jameon, Bumphis, and Ross would have had better success against DBs/secondary that can get hits before the ball gets there with no fear of calls? We weren’t going to win those games even if we had Ole Miss’ receiving corp.

vCash
    Buy.

Gray's biggest issue is that he is our only legitimate wide receiver right now. Defenses cover him well and our other receivers aren't making it necessary for defenses to change their coverage schemes. His next biggest issue is separation. On the odd chance that he does only face man coverage so far this season, he hasn't demonstrated that he can get separation from the DB.

Our lack of play making ability down field outside of Gray is what has kept Gray from getting a lot of deep balls thrown his way. However, when we have thrown deep to him, he hasn't demonstrated that he can come up with that big time catch.. either as a result of great coverage, poor throw, or lack of separation due to speed and quickness on Gray's part.

Gray will have some great catches this season and big time plays as the season progresses, but he is not Fred Ross and does not have someone like himself to take pressure off of him. That's what Gray was to Ross.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Buy. He is a good player that puts in a lot of effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I agree, but someone else made that comparison. I was trying to point out that he is not ODB or anywhere near it.