Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I really don't get the attitude of a lot of State fans right now.

Banned
    vCash
    I’m glad our current coaching staff impressed you by having a top 10 D, we knew we’d have 3 years ago. The layman’s eye, how innovative.

Banned
    vCash
    You tell me how these coaches have benefited this team? In what category or do we need a new team? If we were doing -anything- on offense yet still losing, I may have a different opinion. How does this benefit the state of Mississippi and it’s football-exactly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I apologize for the bumping of an old thread, but some of you on the "Fire Moorhead" bandwagon - please go through this thread and re-read it.

Same general complaints and comments that are currently being discussed now; the only difference is that it was a year ago with the coach some of you revere and whom think would have us undefeated right now. The same issues we had last year, we still have - which is a one-dimensional offense - using a one-dimensional QB - throwing to sub-par group of WRs.

Blame the current regime if you'd like, but I'll continue to say that I'd rather have our current staff. They're getting the same results this year as what our last coaching staff was getting in year 8-9. The only difference is we, the fans, conjured up in our hearts that we should have been better this year and that it was all going to come together.
    Let us know when the 'water' gets to heavy to carry***

vCash
    I am 53 years old one thing I have come to accept we have a lot of pussies for fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    I’m glad our current coaching staff impressed you by having a top 10 D, we knew we’d have 3 years ago. The layman’s eye, how innovative.
    We're on our 5th DCoordinator in 5 years. The Peter Sirmon experiment was 3 years ago, so I HIGHLY doubt you knew then we'd have a Top 10 Defense. Keep exaggerating and erasing the past if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Spy View Post
    You tell me how these coaches have benefited this team? In what category or do we need a new team? If we were doing -anything- on offense yet still losing, I may have a different opinion. How does this benefit the state of Mississippi and it’s football-exactly?
    We're one dimensional on offense. Pretty tall task to beat quality opponents when they know we can't throw. If you read back through this thread, you'll see the same bitching and moaning last year that we're doing this year. The only difference is that we have a new coaching staff that our fans want to give the boot to, as opposed to the old coach that no longer wanted to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Let us know when the 'water' gets to heavy to carry***
    Won't have to worry about the weight until this time next year. It does get heavier with each loss...

Banned
    vCash
    Well, how did we know Sirmon needed to go? Because our D sucked? This is what we’re missing or should foresee, then plan for?

Basically, we had to know Sirmon sucked bc we would have a top 10 D when our corners gained some experience. Collectively, we all thought that I thought.

But some now- are impressed with our coaching.
    I’m just impressed withmississippi talent. And what it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    We're on our 5th DCoordinator in 5 years. The Peter Sirmon experiment was 3 years ago, so I HIGHLY doubt you knew then we'd have a Top 10 Defense. Keep exaggerating and erasing the past if you'd like.

We're one dimensional on offense. Pretty tall task to beat quality opponents when they know we can't throw. If you read back through this thread, you'll see the same bitching and moaning last year that we're doing this year. The only difference is that we have a new coaching staff that our fans want to give the boot to, as opposed to the old coach that no longer wanted to be here.

Won't have to worry about the weight until this time next year. It does get heavier with each loss...
    Our offense in conference games is worse than the defense that Sirmon put on the field. How many wanted to keep Sirmon?

Banned
    vCash
    We have made history the last few years being one dimensional. So either we have to admit Dans a high genius who can’t beat Bama, our Mississippi talent pool that leads the nation, or our fans - if we aren’t gonna blame our coaches.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    This is the most talent we will have in probably the next 10 -15 years. The number of players that will play in the NFL off this team alone will make our soon to be 6-6 or 7-5 record an absolute abomination.

We don't have a QB is working on becoming a better passer. We have the # 1 ranked rushing QB in SEC history. We also have 2 stud RBs and an OL that can rush block quite well, that we aren't using properly.

We also averaged 30 points a game last year. If we could score 21 a game, we'd be 7-0 and ranked...probably 2nd. Instead, we're going to finish in the bottom half of the SEC west with the most talent we've ever had.

This was a once in a generation opportunity, and our AD and coach absolutely blew it. Now our fans are rationalizing it, which I get.

Reality is we should be 6-1 or 7-0. We're not because our coach has coached us poorly. Extremely poorly. This season is lost. If we go 8-4 its a sever disappointment. Sadly we wont go 8-4.