Thread: SEC Matchups this weekend: Worst Weekend in Recent Memory?

vCash

SEC Matchups this weekend: Worst Weekend in Recent Memory?

LSU @ Florida - blow out
    UGA @ Vandy - blow out
    Kentucky @ Mizzu - who cares?
    Ark @ SC - Still don't care
    Bama @ A&M - blow out
    Ole Miss @ Auburn - blow out

Normally these would be some decent games, but I'm actually more interested in watching Stanford vs Utah than any of these. What the hell has happened?

vCash
    I find myself watching other conferences more and more. I like watching big 10 football; they have a ton of good games

vCash
    Overall, I agree with the OP, but I'm not convinced LSU @ FL will be a blowout;however, it will be ugly to watch no matter what the score. The AAC has some crazy, entertaining games, like the recent Memphis-UCLA game.
    Last edited by AusTexDawg; 10-02-2017 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    LSU @ Florida might not be a blow out. Florida barely beat Tenn and hasn't looked elite.

vCash
    FL/LSU could go either way.

If Mizzou beats UK (which could happen) the Stoops chair gets hot.

Ark/SC is a good game to see if Fat Bert has shored up the defense or Bentley will pick them apart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    FL/LSU could go either way.

If Mizzou beats UK (which could happen) the Stoops chair gets hot.

Ark/SC is a good game to see if Fat Bert has shored up the defense or Bentley will pick them apart.
    I agree on FL/LSU. That could be an ugly, ugly football game.

I don't think Mizzou keeps it close against anyone in conference this year.

Ark/SC is gonna be a good one. Another ugly, low scoring game.

vCash
    Even if Florida doesn't blow them out, it's not a game I care to watch really. Maybe they're both bad enough to make it interesting.

Banned
    vCash
    Any SEC football is great football. You guys that hate on the matchups crack me up

vCash
    I'm looking forward to the Auburn/Mississippi game, my stars twinkle just a little bit more, when Mississippi get's a serious a$$ whooping!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Any SEC football is great football. You guys that hate on the matchups crack me up
    I'd rather watch Air Force at Navy, Miami at florida state, Utah vs Stanford, Norte Dane at UNC, etc... than any game other than auburn beating the snot out of ole miss. The brand of football in the SEC is bad news his year.

vCash
    I enjoyed the heck out of Wash St. vs. USC this past weekend. The Pirate has a pretty good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    LSU @ Florida - blow out
    UGA @ Vandy - blow out
    Kentucky @ Mizzu - who cares?
    Ark @ SC - Still don't care
    Bama @ A&M - blow out
    Ole Miss @ Auburn - blow out

Normally these would be some decent games, but I'm actually more interested in watching Stanford vs Utah than any of these. What the hell has happened?
    What's happened is the SEC has dropped off a cliff after its top 3 teams. Hell State has a case to be the 4th best team in the league and they can't stay within 4 TD's of 2&3 in the league.

A&M and UF are likely the 4th & 5th best teams in the league and they got beat by a terrible UCLA team and UF blown out by Michigan. LSU lost to Troy, Arky blown out at home by TCU, OM loses to a bad Cal team, etc.

Not sure what people who don't think the SEC is down are watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    What's happened is the SEC has dropped off a cliff after its top 3 teams. Hell State has a case to be the 4th best team in the league and they can't stay within 4 TD's of 2&3 in the league.

A&M and UF are likely the 4th & 5th best teams in the league and they got beat by a terrible UCLA team and UF blown out by Michigan. LSU lost to Troy, Arky blown out at home by TCU, OM loses to a bad Cal team, etc.

Not sure what people who don't think the SEC is down are watching
    Every P5 is in the same shape. They all have one to three good teams. I think it's all because of Saban. Once he is gone there will be better coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Every P5 is in the same shape. They all have one to three good teams. I think it's all because of Saban. Once he is gone there will be better coaches.
    True. But that's not typical for the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    True. But that's not typical for the SEC.
    That?s true. Wait for the bowl games though. Sec teams typically play teams that finished higher in their respective conference. Usually the sec wins 70-80% or more of those games.

vCash
    A lot of talk on the radio this am that this LSU team has already given up on Coach O. Aranda and Canada are already putting their names out in the market to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    A lot of talk on the radio this am that this LSU team has already given up on Coach O. Aranda and Canada are already putting their names out in the market to move on.
    They know they're tenure is about to expire in Baton Rouge. You don't lose to Troy on a Saturday in Tiger Stadium. Can't happen.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if LSU beat UF this week. LSU still has some talent on the roster and if Guice ends up playing it could be a really good game albeit really ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if LSU beat UF this week. LSU still has some talent on the roster and if Guice ends up playing it could be a really good game albeit really ugly.
    Aren?t they getting some dlinemen back also?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I can see a comedy of errors like the FL/UK game.