Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

Banned
    vCash
    Hyperextended is early report. Might of dodged a bullet but probably still out awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Hyperextended is early report. Might of dodged a bullet but probably still out awhile.
    Knew we had converted you to braves lol

vCash
    Dodged a bullet with Acuna. ACL sprain, NO tear, and lower back contusions. 10 day DL then reevaluation. Hope to see him in his rehab in AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tomorrow's starter is fried, not allard. Allard starting for Gwinnett today
    Yeah, minor league wrapup stated he was scratched from his last start to get extra rest following getting banged up from a collision on the infield. Apparently was never considered to start for the big club today. I think it will be soon though.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Culberson just CRUSHED that ball!!! Walkoff HR!!!

vCash
    This team. Fun to watch. Culberson was hitting what? Barely .200? WoW?

vCash
    Carle carried the pen early but has struggled lately. Fortunately some others have stepped up. Fun game...good win after squandering several chances late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Carle carried the pen early but has struggled lately. Fortunately some others have stepped up. Fun game...good win after squandering several chances late.
    Fun after culberson hit a hr. I was sick before that haha

vCash
    Big win today. This team is never out of any game. Makes it fun to watch!

vCash
    Are we gonna get this game in tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Are we gonna get this game in tonight?
    getting ready to start now

vCash
    Wow Keith Hernandez just ripped the braves for getting that 2nd game in last night. You can read what he said on DOBs Twitter/. He just called out the bullpen

vCash

Braves

Starting to fall apart.

Snit is running our 3 main guys offensively (FF, markakis, and albies) in the ground. None have gotten a day off all year. We are in the midst of a 15 games in 14 days stretch. Tonight would've been a good night to get 1 or 2 of them a rest before the huge nats' series this weekend.

The offense seems to struggle with everyone's starting pitching of late. We've bailed ourselves out late on some terrible relievers.

The pen is not looking good lately.

Not liking McCarthy and Sanchez back to back in rotation.

If I were capable of taking a break from the braves, I would do it this weekend. The nats are about to break their foot off in us. Dreams of the east are about to come to a crashing halt. Hope I'm wrong, but I am not feeling it right now at all

vCash
    Hi-Jack: What the hell is y'all's mascot?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Hi-Jack: What the hell is y'all's mascot?
    A possum at the moment

vCash
    I haven't watched much the past week. This was my "break" from the Braves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I haven't watched much the past week. This was my "break" from the Braves.
    You chose a good time. This stretch has been hard on me

vCash
    I do agree the team is tired, and it would've been much better to have Thursday off rather than Game 1 vs. the Nats, however, Nick Markakis has played at least 160 games six times in his career, at least 155 ten times; Freddie Freeman has a 12 game hitting streak; Ozzie Albies was 6 for 18 in the four game series vs. the Mets.

It's been a nice run for the Braves in first place, but didn't we always know the Nats would come charging (because they are really good on paper) and the Phillies would fall back (because their schedule has been light)?

The Braves were 5 games over .500 in April and with just one game left in May they are 4 games over .500 this month. Keep up that pace and you get to 95 wins which should at least win the wildcard. They just have to keep grinding, but a 4-6 stretch against teams with a combined 98-66 record isn't necessarily reason to believe they are fading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    I do agree the team is tired, and it would've been much better to have Thursday off rather than Game 1 vs. the Nats, however, Nick Markakis has played at least 160 games six times in his career, at least 155 ten times; Freddie Freeman has a 12 game hitting streak; Ozzie Albies was 6 for 18 in the four game series vs. the Mets.

It's been a nice run for the Braves in first place, but didn't we always know the Nats would come charging (because they are really good on paper) and the Phillies would fall back (because their schedule has been light)?

The Braves were 5 games over .500 in April and with just one game left in May they are 4 games over .500 this month. Keep up that pace and you get to 95 wins which should at least win the wildcard. They just have to keep grinding, but a 4-6 stretch against teams with a combined 98-66 record isn't necessarily reason to believe they are fading.
    I really wanna be wrong, but I see issues starting to rise up. Our offensive Ks are going up. Snit is all-the-sudden obsessed with "saving the pen" to the point we put solovicggsrgjrfvg (whatever) and Matt wisler in high leverage spots the last week in winnable games, and bc of all the rest, our key cogs in the pen are all rusty when entering. Don't like the iron man routine with markakis (he's not young), FF (less so here bc 1b isn't as taxing), and albies (he is gonna blow by his career games total).

Oh and another thing, really wish snit would lose the old idea that a leadoff guy has to be fast. The top 3 of our lineup should be...

Markakis
    Albies
    FF

We won't run in front of FF anyway, so base stealers at the top is a waste. Ender can't hit lhp this season. Albies kills lhp, so break up markakis and FF with him

I know I'm freaking out some, but I just see some struggles creeping up