Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Coppy resigning... apparently we cheat to suck

vCash
    Brutal. New stadium is really cool though. At least that's good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Brutal. New stadium is really cool though. At least that's good.
    Love suntrust. Can?t wait to go back next season

vCash
    We're Barving hard. I was against the rebuild from the start. The whole thing has been a gigantic cluster17. And it just keeps getting worse.

vCash
    Bye see you later. Now only if TM would leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    We're Barving hard. I was against the rebuild from the start. The whole thing has been a gigantic cluster17. And it just keeps getting worse.
    Love the rebuild, hate that Coppy is gone, bracing for the penalties from MLB, and hoping like crazy Hart doesn't screw this up.

vCash
    Running McDowell off was stupid...I said as much at the time. I believe johnson's issues were a direct result of that. Stability is important so I'd like to see snit come back. Although I could get behind Washington getting the job.

The braves have stockpiled young talent...keyword young. I expected a better season but I think playoff contention next year is still attainable. No need to burn it all down now and go rite back to where they were 2-3 years ago.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/914934087818862592

And now this. It just keeps getting worse.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Not a Braves fan, but I do like Brian Snitker, mainly because he coached the M-Braves for a period. Nice guy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Not a Braves fan, but I do like Brian Snitker, mainly because he coached the M-Braves for a period. Nice guy!
    Snitker should be fired yesterday. He's f'n awful. There's a reason you stay with an organization for 50 years and never get a sniff of a manager gig anywhere. Love his loyalty, but you don't hire a guy to run your club just because he's been around forever. He's got to go. I just hope we hire from outside the organization, but I know it'll never happen.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What ... was he paying players or something? **

vCash
    Love suntrust. Can?t wait to go back next season
    Are they called the Marietta Braves now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Are they called the Marietta Braves now?
    Technically, no, they are in a hole between Marietta and Smyrna, with an Atlanta mailing address

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Snitker should be fired yesterday. He's f'n awful. There's a reason you stay with an organization for 50 years and never get a sniff of a manager gig anywhere. Love his loyalty, but you don't hire a guy to run your club just because he's been around forever. He's got to go. I just hope we hire from outside the organization, but I know it'll never happen.
    Not a fan either

vCash
    He was in trouble with the MLB about the teams recruitment of Latin American players. Other teams were starting to complain about him.

vCash
    sounds like some minor to moderately serious infractions in international signing, but made worse by most people hating Coppy and pulling out the knives at an opportune moment. that and Coppy being sick of constantly fighting with the Braves old guard, and was fine with leaving.

most likely the infractions were package deals or under the table money to land international signings. probably a lot of bad feelings about the Maitan signing since it was known including the value for over a year before negotiations were allowed, and supposedly a last-second higher bidder came in but was rejected. but such things are extremely common in that market. let's just hope there's not direct evidence against the Pache or Maitan signings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    sounds like some minor to moderately serious infractions in international signing, but made worse by most people hating Coppy and pulling out the knives at an opportune moment. that and Coppy being sick of constantly fighting with the Braves old guard, and was fine with leaving.

most likely the infractions were package deals or under the table money to land international signings. probably a lot of bad feelings about the Maitan signing since it was known including the value for over a year before negotiations were allowed, and supposedly a last-second higher bidder came in but was rejected. but such things are extremely common in that market. let's just hope there's not direct evidence against the Pache or Maitan signings.
    It would be awful if we lost one of those 2. I love pache

vCash
    ?... apparently we cheat to suck
    So what you're saying is the Braves are to MLB what the Rebels are to College Football???

No wonder you're such a closet Bear/Freeze fan...***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post

Spot on right there. My thoughts exactly.

vCash
    Snit appears to your Atlanta braves? manager for 2018