Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Catch The FL Beat Writer On 105.9?

vCash

Anybody Catch The FL Beat Writer On 105.9?

He said it's been a very subdued practice this week. Mullen is not hyping this game up, no fiery practice speeches. He said Mullen and the players are treating like just another game.

He also thinks we win. Our defense at home will be too much for Franks and the OL in his opinion. He also thinks we can run on Grantham's defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    He said it's been a very subdued practice this week. Mullen is not hyping this game up, no fiery practice speeches. He said Mullen and the players are treating like just another game.

He also thinks we win. Our defense at home will be too much for Franks and the OL in his opinion. He also thinks we can run on Grantham's defense.

I have just about gotten over the embarrassment and come to what I believe is a fair assessment that Saturday was just a total shit show anomaly. Road game, bad weather, first year head coach, decently good opponent, managed to get in our heads, penalties took us out of our offense being behind the sticks, etc. I?m in a hold position now to see what occurs Saturday night. Right now I?m 50-50 but by game time I feel we are still the better team, Moorhead kind of figures some things out, and we win by 10-14 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    I have just about gotten over the embarrassment and come to what I believe is a fair assessment that Saturday was just a total shit show anomaly. Road game, bad weather, first year head coach, decently good opponent, managed to get in our heads, penalties took us out of our offense being behind the sticks, etc. I?m in a hold position now to see what occurs Saturday night. Right now I?m 50-50 but by game time I feel we are still the better team, Moorhead kind of figures some things out, and we win by 10-14 points.
    I'm just about there too Rick.

vCash
    We'll know Saturday night.

I'm not sure if it's an anomaly as much as we are in an identity crisis with good players and good coaches that just aren't clicking.

Our team is built to be physical and Moorhead's coaching style and scheme isn't as much about that as Mullen's.

It will be something to keep an eye on. Turning around our offense will be about finding an identity.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-26-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He also thinks we can run on Grantham's defense.
    Who says we'll even try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Who says we'll even try.
    C'mon Buttercup. Lighten up. Everybody's so down in the dumps we're gonna start playing The Cure and My Chemical Romance around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We'll know Saturday night.

I'm not sure if it's an anomaly as much as we are in an identity crisis with good players and good coaches that just aren't clicking.

Our team is built to be physical and Moorhead's coaching style and scheme isn't as much about that as Mullen's.

It will be something to keep an eye on. Turning around our offense will be about finding an identity.
    Mullen also had some very soft non physical teams. He tried to play finesse football way too much.

Banned
    vCash
    If so then I completely forgive Jomo for last week and give him the mulligan

vCash
    Kinda getting the feeling that we're going to take care of business in dramatic fashion this weekend.

vCash
    C'mon Buttercup. Lighten up. Everybody's so down in the dumps we're gonna start playing The Cure and My Chemical Romance around here.
    Start? I've been playing them since Sunday morning...**

vCash
    To show where my head is at... Remember last year, when the "insiders" said we had a "great week of practice" before the UGA game, and how that game turned out? Remember how confidently everyone proclaimed we'd get the ship righted versus an underperforming Auburn team, and how THAT game turned out?

This year, while the teams (and quality of players) are totally different, the vibe is eerily the same. Forgive me, if my level of confidence doesn't match the rank and file. I'm not saying that Mullen will run on us like Auburn last year. But my worries of our OL's effectiveness against SEC teams are too profound. My heart is with the Bulldogs, but my money's on the Gators.

Prove me wrong, Bulldogs. I'd rather lose my money, in this case.

vCash
    I've almost gotten over it as well, but while I think we far-and-away have the better team (by 10+ points), I still can't even begin to contemplate placing a bet on us (and I love the game/setup/line for teaser purposes).

Winning Saturday night will re-establish that trust and instill the feeling that we could still have a 10-win season ahead of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Mullen also had some very soft non physical teams. He tried to play finesse football way too much.
    True. I think that was dictated by his roster though, and I never remember our OL being schematically beaten like they were the other night. Now, under Mullen our OL was talent beaten by good teams, but I never felt like our OL was completely lost like the other night.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-27-2018 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Kinda getting the feeling that we're going to take care of business in dramatic fashion this weekend.
    I want to see if our offensive staff can make an adjustment and block a non-conventional front before feeling better. I think our players will be ready to play well, but there's a practical thinking man's situation here that must be fixed.

The Kentucky game was less about effort and more about our OL not knowing how to make adjustments. We have 3 NFL guys on the inside and that happened.

Again, I think the players will be ready Saturday but I'm concerned about the ability for the staff to figure out how to block people.

vCash
    Just to throw this out there:

Nick said in an interview that looking at film Grantham is nowhere near the install at FL that he had at MSU. Nick said it looks about 1/3 of what he had here.

vCash
    Just to throw this out there:

Nick said in an interview that looking at film Grantham is nowhere near the install at FL that he had at MSU. Nick said it looks about 1/3 of what he had here.
    I don't like that, sounds like he may be underestimating them

vCash

DM will downplay this game as much as possible. He can then say it was just a game for them, but it was our super bowl if they lose. Curious if they lose, if he tells the gator faithful that "half the teams playing today lost".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from but that FL defense is weak on the run. They gave up over 200 to a crappy CSA and, IIRC, nearly 300 to Wilson/Snell and 156 against a pitiful UT. That's why the FL beat writer thinks we can get a ground game going against them.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I do not think Nick was talking about Grantham. I think he was talking about Mullen and his offense.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    You are way more optimistic than me. We had a lot of things go against us that was just typical SEC Road game stuff. Our refusal to adjust to the fact that our OTs needed help against 41 has me pessimistic. I'm concerned that Moorhead apparently has his offense set up where there is no easy adjustment to help with a good pass rusher on the end that your OTs can't handle by themselves. Surely somebody on the staff recognized they needed help and I can't imagine Moorhead just being "no; they'll block him this time, unlike everytime before this". Maybe Moorhead thought/thinks the problem was not with the OTs but with how long Nick was holding the ball? Not sure that will help anything for this weekend, but maybe somebody that spends a couple of years in his system will do better so that helps for the future...