Thread: Recommendations for good overall pistol? not necessarily concealed carry.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Need recommendations for good overall pistol, not necessarily concealed carry.

Home defense and carrying in woods, etc.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 10-01-2017 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    I absolutely love my M&P Shield. It?s meant for carrying, but I use it for everything. It goes in the woods, nightstand, carry, everything. I am more accurate with that small gun than most others I?ve ever shot for some reason. You can also get them for next to nothing now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    I absolutely love my M&P Shield. It?s meant for carrying, but I use it for everything. It goes in the woods, nightstand, carry, everything. I am more accurate with that small gun than most others I?ve ever shot for some reason. You can also get them for next to nothing now.
    I've got both the Shield and the full size M&P. I'd highly recommend both.

vCash
    Check out the Taurus Judge.

vCash
    no judge get a glock 17 and be done with it. they are ugly but go bang every time

vCash
    This can be a matter of personal taste and "fit", find a place that will let you shoot. Also how does it feel in your grip.

vCash
    Have been considering a Ruger GP100 revolver, now considering a M&P 2.0 also. Anyone have one of these?

vCash
    M&P and the M&P shield

vCash
    Call me old school but 38 revolver. Won’t jam, reliable, and light. I’m ducking because I know it’s coming. Not a huge pistol guy though. I’ve had 2.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 10-10-2017 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Call me old school but 38 revolver. Won’t jam, reliable, and light. I’m ducking because I know it’s coming. Not a huge pistol guy though. I’ve had 2.
    You ain't wrong.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If you do that, get a Ruger SP101 and have the choice of 357 or 38

vCash
    this will likely be my next pistol... inexpensive, high capacity and concealable....

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr9c/models.html

Note: I'm not a handgun guy, per se... I have a Para LDA 12.45 (doublestack) and a Ruger LCR 38 revolver.... I also dig on M&P Sheilds, too....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Since I already had a .38 single action I bought a .38 snubnose. It's a RIA M206 fairly cheap but I haven't had any problems with it.

vCash
    Get a 357 mag for defense, then load it with 38's for practice. You can't go wrong with this. Also is the best First gun set up to start with.

vCash
    Glock 31. It's a .357

vCash
    HK VP9. Everything the Glock should be if they would update their design from the 80s instead of rolling out new Gens with cosmetic differences. Walther PPQ is a close runner up

vCash
    Glock 19 and Glock 43 here. love them both for the most part. the 43 needed a little more breaking in than the 19 but it's a solid handgun. I shot a friend's Ruger LC9 and it was awful... and I'm a huge Ruger fan. I'm hoping the SR9 is much better.

For the woods and home defense, I highly recommend a Glock compact (G19, 23, 38, 32) because of the mag capacity and almost a perfect size in my opinion (your preferences may vary). It's a good all around gun for me. I hope this helps.