Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamal Couch

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Jamal Couch

Should be starting now right?

This is a weakness of Mullen.

He makes mistakes on who should be playing often.... see Aries Williams, Fitzgerald, etc... etc...

Put Couch in now and let's not prolong this oversight.

vCash
    I thought Couch did great last night. He actually fights for the ball in one on one coverage

vCash
    Couch played great. He's exactly what Fitz needs a big WR. We look like the 09 team most downs with 3 WR's below 6'0 on the field.

vCash
    After last night, I wouldn't mind if he started at X. Even if he hasn't put everything together yet, he won't be invalidated by physical corners nearly as easily as Gray.

vCash
    I think he is earning it. I want to see him do it against BYU and Kentucky. He definitely played the best of our WR's last night- and took part in two of our rare explosive plays. Maybe the light switch went off last night.

Between Couch, Jordan Thomas, and Gabe Myles we should have enough to move Gray to the slot- which will also help us out there too.

vCash
    by explosive you mean fall down after catching the perfect pass?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    by explosive you mean fall down after catching the perfect pass?
    I mean explosive as in at least he caught it and didn't drop it.

vCash
    What about the pass in the end zone where the ball was coming to him and he turns and looks at the defender. Even after that the ball still him him in the hands and he did not see it.

Banned
    vCash
    Osirius Mitchell (6'5 freshman) needs to get a look right now. He got 1 pass thrown to him vs CSU and we haven't seen him since.

vCash
    He has got to be in the doghouse or something. Might be the routes or whatever but there's no excuse for him and Jordan Thomas not to be our top outside guys. Couch played more last year than he has this year

vCash
    Sad but true.

vCash
    Mitchell looks the best coming off the bus but his attitude needs to improve or he will get processed. This off week is big for couch and Todd. We also probably need to hit the Jucos for another big WR besides Guidry and process some of the non contributing TE.

vCash
    Shelby Christy
    BJ Hammond
    Jeremy Chappelle
    Bear Wilson

Smokey
    Jesse Jackson

Malik Dear
    Deddrick Thomas
    Donald Gray
    Jonnas Spivey

Couch
    Todd
    Mitchell

Austin Williams

Mullen realized in 2014 he was in trouble and fought to hire Peterson, Pat Austin, and others in the recruiting fold. It's finally paying off with the 2018 WR class.

We really needed Guidry to qualify so he would be playing right now. Mullen was counting on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Shelby Christy
    BJ Hammond
    Jeremy Chappelle
    Bear Wilson

Smokey
    Jesse Jackson

Malik Dear
    Deddrick Thomas
    Donald Gray
    Jonnas Spivey

Couch
    Todd
    Mitchell

Austin Williams

Mullen realized in 2014 he was in trouble and fought to hire Peterson, Pat Austin, and others in the recruiting fold. It's finally paying off with the 2018 WR class.

We really needed Guidry to qualify so he would be playing right now. Mullen was counting on him.
    I think Guidry would be at LSU right now if he'd qualified, but other than that great point. We seem to be turning the corner with WR recruiting; hopefully it continues.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Shelby Christy
    BJ Hammond
    Jeremy Chappelle
    Bear Wilson

Smokey
    Jesse Jackson
    Holy shit that is awful. Hugh Freeze's hookers really ****ed up Mullen's WR recruiting those two years. Yikes

vCash
    I think people get too caught up in thinking that WR's have to "be big" in order to be effective, or that you HAVE to have size at that position. Or that Couch/Mitchell/Todd need to be on the field just because of their size.

Guys like Calvin Ridley, TY Hilton, Antonio Brown, Edelman, Cole Beasley, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, and ODB do just fine at under 6 foot.

I don't think the problem at WR is just that we don't have size, it's just that our small guys aren't very good. But I guess my point is that just because Mitchell/Todd are bigger, it doesn't mean that translates into them being better than our shitty small WR's that are Delta St material

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Holy shit that is awful. Hugh Freeze's hookers really ****ed up Mullen's WR recruiting those two years. Yikes
    61, you think CHF put those girls on our recruits to drain their manhood like Delilah cutting Sampson's hair? LOL works for me.

vCash
    2013 actually had fred Ross too. By far the best wide receiver recruiting year of dans tenure

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    61, you think CHF put those girls on our recruits to drain their manhood like Delilah cutting Sampson's hair? LOL works for me.
    Haha I think this gif sums up our WR recruits reaction when they show up to MSU during recruiting and Dan & Staff show them their path to the NFL through MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    I think people get too caught up in thinking that WR's have to "be big" in order to be effective, or that you HAVE to have size at that position. Or that Couch/Mitchell/Todd need to be on the field just because of their size.

Guys like Calvin Ridley, TY Hilton, Antonio Brown, Edelman, Cole Beasley, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, and ODB do just fine at under 6 foot.

I don't think the problem at WR is just that we don't have size, it's just that our small guys aren't very good. But I guess my point is that just because Mitchell/Todd are bigger, it doesn't mean that translates into them being better than our shitty small WR's that are Delta St material
    Those are all NFL players. Some of them play in the slot a lot even in the NFL. It's a lot harder for us to find exceptions like those that you mentioned and not something that we can rely on. Guys like Cooks and Edelman have someone like Tom Brady throwing to them as well- and while I like Fitz he doesn't have that level of accuracy. Or a lot of NFL QB's either.

We're usually better off getting someone like Couch and Todd that profile well from a physical standpoint and then developing them.