Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Officiating

vCash

SEC Officiating

This post has nothing to do with sour grapes or in any way insinuating that better officiating last night would've allowed us to win.

With that preface, the officiating in last night's game was absolutely absurd & unbecoming of the caliber of what the SEC should expect.

The referees in last night's game deserve a week off next week. In this day in age of college football, what happened last night just can't happen.

In about a 2 minute stretch early in last night's game, MSU was robbed of a TD, had about 3 flags picked up that would've gone against Auburn, a pass interference that Auburn committed was missed, & MSU was called for a questionable PI in the end zone. Additionally, then MSU had a TD ruled down at the 1 foot line when there was absolutely no evidence that he didn't score & GET THIS instead of it being marked at the 1 foot line, somehow MSU was snapping the ball from almost the 2 yard line.

Regardless of the final score, any chance MSU had of mounting an upset on the road was absolutely squashed by the officials in this 2 minute period.

In game that don't end up being close, many times these type of officiating problems are swept under the rug & never talked about, but the integrity of the game compromised last night & I think SEC fans deserve better.

After seeing what happened to Texas A&M last weekend & MSU last night, the SEC officiating department needs to take a long look who their officials are, the type of training they are receiving, & how they are training them.

SEC football is way to important to too many people to have an amateur officiating job like last night happen.

I really wish Mullen would accept a fine & call some of these guys out every once in the while. At least show that MSU is tired of it.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-01-2017 at 09:54 AM.

vCash
    The blown whistle to stop the play on the fumble recovery was an abomination, and absolutely can be considered a pivotal moment in the game which could have swung momentum into our favor, and it was an embarrassment to the game. That is all

vCash
    The targeting call was huge. We had a little drive going at that point.

vCash
    The caliber of officiating last night was an embarrassment to the league.

If it were a Bama game & had gone against Bama, there would be national outrage today. Instead, no one will talk about it.

Again, I don't have sour grapes, but the mechanics & the quality of job the officials did last night was an abortion.

vCash
    There should be weekly public accountability. If 18 and 19 year old kids can get questioned by national publications about their screwups on the field, a 40 year old man should also.

vCash
    The left DE for AU (might have actually been a LB) was lining up in the neutral zone anytime he was in a standing stance instead of a 3 point stance. I noticed it at least 4-5 times.

But yes, the officaiting was terrible. I think a lot of what we have seen the past two weeks is that the Refs don't want to take heat in a rowdy atmosphere. We need to start getting aggressive on holding and blanket protection at home.

vCash
    They ARE doing exactly what they are trained to do...protecting the deemed elite teams so that the conference has the best chance to put as many teams as possible in upper echelon bowls which means more noteriety and money for the conference. You really think Bama would have had any of those holding calls against them if the game had been close last night and the outcome in doubt?

vCash
    Not to mention 10 penalties called against MSU while Auburn had only one (again, only one). Stidham's bomb when Auburn was starting at the 1-yard line showed Simmons being held that was missed (should've been a safety but resulted in another TD).

The home-cooking given Auburn to start the game really placed MSU in a disadvantageous position that dictated how play-call the game plus robbed us of any momentum. I usually don't complain about officiating but this was definitely the worst sh!t-tastic calling I've seen in a long time.

vCash
    The officials were an embarrassment to the trade. Almost like 66-3 embarrassing. They, like many other things, have turned into a laughing stock.

vCash
    I have never in my life supported the complaining about officials, especially after a loss. It's embarrassing and looks petty. However, that was the worst officiating I've seen in a very long time and it all went against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The left DE for AU (might have actually been a LB) was lining up in the neutral zone anytime he was in a standing stance instead of a 3 point stance. I noticed it at least 4-5 times.

But yes, the officaiting was terrible. I think a lot of what we have seen the past two weeks is that the Refs don't want to take heat in a rowdy atmosphere. We need to start getting aggressive on holding and blanket protection at home.
    He was offsides all night long. It was so obvious.

vCash
    This officiating was the worst I have seen in 60 years of watching football. My wife, who really doesn't care about football, even said that she believed they were on the take.

There was no justification for blowing the whistle on the defensive touchdown. That robbed us of momentum.

There was no justification for reversing the targeting call.

There was no justification for reversing the Fitz touchdown. Even though it did not hurt us on the scoreboard, it may have discouraged the players.

There was no way they missed the holding on Stidham's bomb from the end zone. A safety at that point would have been huge for momentum.

That is a lot of key calls at potentially pivotal moments in the game. They probably did not effect the outcome, but it is impossible to say one way or another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Not to mention 10 penalties called against MSU while Auburn had only one (again, only one). Stidham's bomb when Auburn was starting at the 1-yard line showed Simmons being held that was missed (should've been a safety but resulted in another TD).

The home-cooking given Auburn to start the game really placed MSU in a disadvantageous position that dictated how play-call the game plus robbed us of any momentum. I usually don't complain about officiating but this was definitely the worst sh!t-tastic calling I've seen in a long time.
    I was a Ref for 30 years. The one thing you watch for when the offense is backed up and QB is in the end zone is holding. There we 2 blatant holds which should have resulted in a safety. Any Jr High Ref knows not to blow your whistle on a possible strip and run.

vCash
    I'm all for eliminating conference officials....use a P5 pool of officiating crews...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post

This. The refs cause a 13 point swing early in the game.

Robbed of TD that only resulted in a FG (4 points)

Holding in endzone should have been ruled a safety (2 points)

Same drive resulted in Auburn TD (7 points)

It was early in game and enough points to change the complexion of both our gameplan and Auburn's. There is no way to know for sure but it could absolutely have cost us the game.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    The officials were pretty lapse, but they didn't cost State the game. Having wideouts who can't catch herpes from a four dollar whore and an offensive line who can't stop crapping all over themselves cost State the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    The officials were pretty lapse, but they didn't cost State the game. Having wideouts who can't catch herpes from a four dollar whore and an offensive line who can't stop crapping all over themselves cost State the game.
    Yup but no one said it cost us the game. Just because it was a blowout should in no way excuse the idiocy that we saw last night.

vCash
    I have been a dawg fan all my life. But the 44 years I have been going to the games...Last night refs Should NEVER CALL another game in the SEC.

vCash
    Auburn did not score on one of their TD's. The runner was sitting on the ground facing the field of play then fell in the end zone,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This. The refs cause a 13 point swing early in the game.

Robbed of TD that only resulted in a FG (4 points)

Holding in endzone should have been ruled a safety (2 points)

Same drive resulted in Auburn TD (7 points)

It was early in game and enough points to change the complexion of both our gameplan and Auburn's. There is no way to know for sure but it could absolutely have cost us the game.
    Yep if they allow our first td then it's 21-14 when they hold in the end zone in what should've been a safety then it's 21-16 and they have to kick. They absolutely out played us but it could've been much closer and who knows what happens.