Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want better coaching, pony up like Bama... 1 Million for their OLB coach

vCash

Want better coaching, pony up like Bama... 1 Million for their OLB coach

Ok ok ok.... He ONLY makes 950K per year as the OLB coach!

The point of this thread is that you all stop with the money at the top. You don't work your way down the line to all of the coaches. The last time I looked this up, we paid our assistant coaches well enough to rank MSU at #11 in the SEC. BTW... Bama is spending about 18 Million per year on coaches. They pay their assistants more than our entire staff.

Are we getting our money's worth? You bet! But if you want that elite status.... pony up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alaba...es-2017-2017-5
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    I'm fine paying assistant coaches a good salary. We just spent a million on Grantham.

vCash
    How would paying them more help?

Wouldn't Bama just pay them more?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm fine paying assistant coaches a good salary. We just spent a million on Grantham.
    I am too. Only problem is Hev & Gonzo would then be making 1 mill/year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

To channel Yoda: sanity this is............... unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I am too. Only problem is Hev & Gonzo would then be making 1 mill/year.
    Exactly. It would basically be a market adjustment.

I probably should have said I don't mind paying well for GOOD assistant coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bama pays their whole assistant staff more than our WHOLE staff.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bama pays their whole assistant staff more than our WHOLE staff.
    I don't get it. You said we were going to the playoffs. Now you want our coaches to make more?

vCash

Eventually. But, that puts us in better shape to hire better coaches at the assistant/position level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't get it. You said we were going to the playoffs. Now you want our coaches to make more?
    Where did I say that? Please show me. Saying competing for a spot and going to is 2 entirely different thing and that has zero to do with it being a yearly contender.

vCash
    Eventually. But, that puts us in better shape to hire better coaches at the assistant/position level.
    Idk, I just think it would mean Bama and other blue bloods would just pay more and we'd end up adjusting a market and having the same assistants we do now while paying them more

Banned
    vCash
    Yawn. Just say what you really mean Coach. You are very happy with our football program and you want everyone to stop bitching cause you're afraid Dan might leave. If we pay any assistants anymore money it needs to come outta Dan's fat check not from MSU. Dan has no business getting $4.8 mill right now. I know it's just market value but market value is ****ed when you get 5 mill to be the worst coach ever vs ranked teams. I could recruit on a bicycle only and get us a better WR group than we trotting out there right now.

vCash
    Idk, I just think it would mean Bama and other blue bloods would just pay more and we'd end up adjusting a market and having the same assistants we do now while paying them more
    Well, there are schools that have done it. Take Clemson for the example. They made the choice to go all in. In '81 their coach made 50K and they won a National Championship. That's not the world we live in, though I wish we did.

In 2011, Dabo made about a milllion. He is now in the top 4.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yawn. Just say what you really mean Coach. You are very happy with our football program and you want everyone to stop bitching cause you're afraid Dan might leave. If we pay any assistants anymore money it needs to come outta Dan's fat check not from MSU. Dan has no business getting $4.8 mill right now. I know it's just market value but market value is ****ed when you get 5 mill to be the worst coach ever vs ranked teams. I could recruit on a bicycle only and get us a better WR group than we trotting out there right now.
    I did say what I meant. I always do.

And no. You couldn't

vCash
    Hold on. So the thought is we shouldn't pay coaches more because it will raise the market on paying coaches? You have a warped view of how impactful our program is. We are like second lowest in assistant salary in the SEC. You get what you pay for.

Grantham is getting paid market value. Mullen is too. No one else is. We have to pay more for better assistants period. And the Mullen offensive team needs to be broken up. Gonzo hasn't been the same since he finished 2nd for the Colorado State job. Hevesy does well with that OL. But when you turn a below average group into a mildly average group, that isn't exactly resume building. Knox is ok but I think we need new blood. Looney needs time. I'm fine with him but the TE group has to get better. They blocked a lot of air tonight.

Banned
    vCash
    And no. You couldn't
    Pay me $4.8 mill a year and I'll show you. Don't ask to get the assistants paid more money when we just got our asses waxed by a combined score of 80-13 last two weeks.

vCash

Stop being a dumbass. You know what he means.

vCash
    Where did I say that? Please show me. Saying competing for a spot and going to is 2 entirely different thing
    and that has zero to do with it being a yearly contender.
    True, but saying we are competing for a spot implies we are close. We are no closer to making the playoffs than the rest of the bottom dwellers of the SEC.

vCash
    Hevesy and Gonzales aren't worth $50,000 each.... Mullen could easily upgrade on those two in the $400 -$500 range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Hevesy and Gonzales aren't worth $50,000 each.... Mullen could easily upgrade on those two in the $400 -$500 range.
    Not really... Let's look at those: This is 2 years ago... I'm too lazy to find current info.

1. Adrian Klemm UCLA $723,000
    2. Rick Trickett Florida State $592,000
    3. Joe Wickline Texas $575,000

Which one of those could we ask to take a pay cut? FSU is paying at the second highest rate in the USA and that OL was owned by Bama.