Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cohen has to call Mullen in after this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So whAt. I was told all we had to do to get immediately better in basketball, by an owner of this board, was to Fire Stans. aNY coach would be better, thAt is a direct quote. I'm still waiting six years later to get back to where we were THEN, never matter better.
    Liver pool Stans tanked our basketball program. Sure we made it worse by hiring Ricky Ray. The inmates were literally running the asylum for Stans last 4 years. It was bad. I wouldn't use that as the basis of your argument anymore. It makes you terribly uninformed.

vCash
    8 days ago he was going to leave us and now we want him gone? Gotta love the SEC.

vCash
    We really don't have to worry about Dan leaving us. Nobody will hire him because they know he'll bring Hevesy and Gonzo with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Liver pool Stans tanked our basketball program. Sure we made it worse by hiring Ricky Ray. The inmates were literally running the asylum for Stans last 4 years. It was bad. I wouldn't use that as the basis of your argument anymore. It makes you terribly uninformed.
    Maybe so, but six years later we still haven't touched his last year. I may be uninformed (trust me in basketball I wasn't), but what the people who ran Stans off were selling was a total fraud. The last six horrible years proved that. Now we have the same people after Mullen.

vCash
    Maybe so, but six years later we still haven't touched his last year. I may be uninformed (trust me in basketball I wasn't), but what the people who ran Stans off were selling was a total fraud. The last six horrible years proved that. Now we have the same people after Mullen.
    It was time for Stans to go. The hiring of Rick Ray was not caused by the firing of Stans. The Rick Ray hiring was loafers trying to show the boosters who the big dick was.
    If we fire Mullen or "axe" him to resign that won't cause us to make a terrible new hire. If we make a bad hire it will be because we made a bad hire.

vCash
    Cohen will call Mullen into his office..... To discuss a tee time for the off weekend. Cohens treat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    8 days ago he was going to leave us and now we want him gone? Gotta love the SEC.
    We are more moody than a menopausal woman.

vCash
    Must be strange to have a boss who’s checks you could cash with the change in your couch.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    This thread is dumb
    It's absolutely stupid and pointless. Especially considering most predicated 6 wins

vCash
    It was time for Stans to go. The hiring of Rick Ray was not caused by the firing of Stans. The Rick Ray hiring was loafers trying to show the boosters who the big dick was.
    If we fire Mullen or "axe" him to resign that won't cause us to make a terrible new hire. If we make a bad hire it will be because we made a bad hire.
    That says it all there. So what you are saying is arm chair coaches should make the decisions.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    But I was told that it wouldn't matter WHO we hired, anyone would be better than Stans.

The circumstances you fire a guy in directly influence the next hire. If we should be stupid enough to fire Mullen now it would be a similar situation. No matter how we viewed the Stans firing in our little world, the way we saw it was NOT the way it was seen in the broader world. This would be that times 50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That says it all there. So what you are saying is arm chair coaches should make the decisions.
    Loafers clearly showed he wasn't the one that should have made the decisions on hiring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It's absolutely stupid and pointless. Especially considering most predicated 6 wins
    That WAS my point. We are one game ahead of where everyone but the most blatant homers thought we would be AT BEST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I haven't said I want Mullen gone. I'm just saying you can't mesh the Stans and this situation. They are both independent of each other. But I do think both you and I could have made a better than loafers did. I think you will agree with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    Loafers clearly showed he wasn't the one that should have made the decisions on hiring
    Nobody wanted the job after what we did to Stans.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Yeah, let's fire Stans, all we need is a new coach to move beyond where we are.
    Hey dumbass. I don't want Dan fired. I want him to get his head out of his ass and fire his offensive line coach. It would be nice if you got your head out of your ass too.

vCash
    But I was told that it wouldn't matter WHO we hired, anyone would be better than Stans.

The circumstances you fire a guy in directly influence the next hire. If we should be stupid enough to fire Mullen now it would be a similar situation. No matter how we viewed the Stans firing in our little world, the way we saw it was NOT the way it was seen in the broader world. This would be that times 50.
    That situation and this one are independent of each other. The letting go of Stans did not cause us to hire Ray. Hiring was an independent choice. It was a terrible choice but Independent. It was more of a sign of how dysfunctional our athletic department was at the time.

vCash
    So whAt. I was told all we had to do to get immediately better in basketball, by an owner of this board, was to Fire Stans. aNY coach would be better, thAt is a direct quote. I'm still waiting six years later to get back to where we were THEN, never matter better.
    I do not want Dan to leave, but the next time I start hearing that he is leaving, and then he says nothing to stop it, I'm not going to let it bother me one bit. If he does he does. We have given time, money, and attendance. What else can the fans do?

vCash
    We've scored one touchdown in the last two games while giving up 80. If that's good enough for y'all, please tell me you are hiring. I need a job with expectations that low.

vCash

Here is where you go full rahtard.

You were told by me that we could hire just about anybody to be a better floor coach.

None of us realized all the problems that were going on in basketball and how far Stansbury had let things go. It was a drug-filled stinking mess that no coach wanted any part of by the time we made a change. As usual at State- we let Stands wreck the program before making a change.
    Then to top it off- the Stansbury Network took 3 years off when Stricklin decided to hire his own choice in Ray over other choices. 2 of the choices by the "ArmChair QB's" have gone on to be NCAA Tourney coaches while our AD made a poor choice in RR.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is