Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: On the Road Again Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: On the Road Again Edition

Our Bulldogs are on the road again so I'm firing up the grill. I'm doing some experimenting this weekend. This looks a little gnarly so bear with me. I got the ninja and blended water, vinegar, s&p, herbs, a green bell, an onion, garlic, and 3 tomatoes. I covered some assorted chicken pieces and put up for tomorrow. A fresh veggie marinade if you will. We'll see

vCash
    Gonna grill that, Beast? What's the plan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    Gonna grill that, Beast? What's the plan?
    Yep charcoal with some chips

vCash
    Looks good to me. Starting out the weekend with some Tito's, and headed to the MC game. Tomorrow get busy marinating some wings, and some ribs. Going with a homemade marinade for wings, and a dry rub for the ribs. Putting some fresh corn on the grill basted with butter and wrapped in tin foil to grill. Also some Polks smoked sausage on the grill for an appetizer.
    Having some Yuengling Light Lager to warm up followed by Tito's. Dual Tv's in the den on Bose surround sound. Hot wife and no kids.....Yeah, if you know me don't call....

vCash

Onion, pepper, potatoes and some sausage in some butter random cabinet seasoning concoction and some minced garlic paste I found today.

Curious to hear how the veggie marinade turns out Beastman.

vCash
    Followed Statecaochingblows a bit. Had a grilled low country boil. Corn ears (G90 grown in the garden), cubed potatoes, Jalape?o-cheese-pineapple deer sausage, and shrimp. Wrapped in foil with Tony's and an open shrimp boil bag sprinkled on top with minced garlic and lemon juice. Grilled indirectly for 20 min. Everyone had their own individual foil pack. FANTASTIC! Easy clean up to.

vCash
    Love these threads. Been reading forever but too lazy to learn how to post a pic. I'll give it a try. Prime Ribeye with smoked potato tonight. [IMG] [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    Followed Statecaochingblows a bit. Had a grilled low country boil. Corn ears (G90 grown in the garden), cubed potatoes, Jalape?o-cheese-pineapple deer sausage, and shrimp. Wrapped in foil with Tony's and an open shrimp boil bag sprinkled on top with minced garlic and lemon juice. Grilled indirectly for 20 min. Everyone had their own individual foil pack. FANTASTIC! Easy clean up to.
    This sounds great, especially that easy cleanup.

vCash
    I?m not a fan of fruity beers, but that grapefruit Sculpin is awesome. Just a little hint of the flavor. The pineapple is even better to me.

vCash
    Yep. Just a hint a fruit is the key to me. I like the pineapple as well. Got a few racks of ribs going on the smoker soon. I'll try to remember to get some pics.

vCash
    I love a Salty Dog while playing golf, so the Grapefruit Summer Shanty is perfect. Especially when it is in the 90's in June - August.

vCash

Posted this on the wrong thread earlier. 2 Ribeyes and 2 Filets tonight.

vCash
    Nice IMissJack. I just fired up the gril myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigedawg View Post
    Love these threads. Been reading forever but too lazy to learn how to post a pic. I'll give it a try. Prime Ribeye with smoked potato tonight. [IMG] [/IMG]
    You did it. You're now a pro. Looks great btw

vCash
    The chicken came off the grill. Looks good, smells good. I'll report back on if it was good. White cans