Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Four College Basketball Coaches Arrested

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Ehh yes & no. It's never good when your parent shoe company is in a scandal. However we haven't signed anyone of this caliber where we needed outside help to broker a deal. All our top signees have been homegrown legacy players. That doesn't require help from outside the family.
    Agreed. I’d say Arizona, Kansas, and Louisville should be much more worried then us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    So the FBI is doing the NCAA’s dirty work for them.
    This has gone for some time. The FBI took part in the Bammer investigation back in the ~90s-00s...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We’re small potatoes. They are going after Louisville, Kansas, and Arizona it looks like. Very odd Auburn is mentioned in this since they are Under Armor. Person must have been really dumb to get caught up in this.
    I wouldn't say we're small potatoes. Schools like South Carolina, Oklahoma St, & Miami are involved & they aren't exactly basketball royalty. We just haven't been out here wilding like some of these guys have.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Agreed. I’d say Arizona, Kansas, and Louisville should be much more worried then us.
    Kansas hasn't been mentioned at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    This has gone for some time. The FBI took part in the Bammer investigation back in the ~90s-00s...
    Personally, I would hope the FBI has more important things to worry about then dirty recruiting in college sports.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Personally, I would hope the FBI has more important things to worry about then dirty recruiting in college sports.
    I'm sure they have more than enough resources to devote to many things.

vCash
    One of the defendants noted the university was already on probation and they would have to be ?particularly careful? in funneling the money

? Jason Riley (@JasonRileyWDRB) September 26, 2017
    This refers to Louisville, in an allegedly recorded meeting, discussing a 6 figure payout to a recruit. We may wind up testing the theory that the death penalty is permanently off the table.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    This refers to Louisville, in an allegedly recorded meeting, discussing a 6 figure payout to a recruit. We may wind up testing the theory that the death penalty is permanently off the table.
    I noticed this too. Louisville is absolutely done. Their message boards are melting like an ice cube on a hot stove. It's really bad.

vCash
    http://www.espn.com/espn/print?id=20824193

Au, OK State, AZ and USC.... to name a few

vCash
    Wow! Most interesting in all this, is that this case will establish that payments to prospective players to attend a university of the payees interest, is in fact a bribe.

Also, said bribes are a part of a scheme that DEFRAUDS the universities involved.

All this time I wondered where the nexus would be to make paying players criminal. However this case could establish case law that payments to players are bribes (illegal) and to enter into an agreement is a conspiracy that defrauds a public institution.

Anyone that engages in paying players from this case forward can be subject to a criminal investigation now. Huge! HUGE! Case for the NCAA, boosters, perspective student athletes and universities. If I'm a compliance director at any school, I'm telling my boosters you can be subject to criminal prosecution for extra benefits.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-26-2017 at 11:27 AM.

vCash
    I just wonder if players on current rosters were also paid to leave and go to other schools? We've had a few "decide" to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Wow! Most interesting in all this, is that this case will establish that payments to prospective players to attend a university of the payees interest, is in fact a bribe.

Also, said bribes are a part of a scheme that DEFRAUDS the universities involved.

All this time I wondered where the nexus would be to make paying players criminal. However this case could establish case law that payments to players are bribes (illegal) and to enter into an agreement is a conspiracy that defrauds a public institution.

Anyone that engages in paying players from this case forward can be subject to a criminal investigation now. Huge! HUGE! Case for the NCAA, boosters, perspective student athletes and universities. If I'm a compliance director at any school, I'm telling my boosters you can be subject to criminal prosecution for extra benefits.
    Yep, that's the news here. ALSO...if the Feds are saying this is a bribe, it's just as illegal to ACCEPT a bribe as it is to give one.

vCash

In some states - including Mississippi I believe - it is already illegal for sports agents to have contacts and dealings with college players. The logical next step is making inducements for athletes illegal. Hell, the IRS implications currently make most of illegal and boarderline criminal.

vCash
    This is what surprises me if the FBI had not at least taken a cursory look at Umiss. Remember the fight between Tunsil and Lindsey Miller, what was it about? Miller went straight to the press and said he was trying to keep Tunsil away from an agent or agents, and then Tunsil and he got sideways about it. Then Hugh said Miller was a lady beater, but the fact that Miller started mentioning agents and money in the press should've been investigated. Maybe it was and that's why much of the Tunsil stuff was left alone by the NCAA. Thoughts?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Are you talking about the Albert Means investigation? Are you sure it was the FBI?

The IRS investigated the structuring of money to pay the HS coach for Menas. Young was prosecuted for structuring the cash at the bank. He wasn't prosecuted for the actual payments to the HS coach.

vCash

This is about to get really interesting... How long will it take the FBI to get to OM? Merl Code was a former Nike employee who just recently left Nike to join Adidas... Interesting, I think not...

Hang on this mess could very well open some more doors at tsun....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Merl Code was a former Nike employee who just recently left Nike to join Adidas... Interesting, I think not...

Don't you mean... "coincidence, I think not"...?

vCash
    https://twitter.com/Mike_Sands/statu...56119021420546 : Mississippi State Spokesman says, "This doesn't involve us whatsoever."
    No Signature

vCash
    Mustapha Heron and Austin Wiley are the Auburn kids involved in the Person scandal. Makes sense to me.

vCash
    Mustapha Heron and Austin Wiley are the Auburn kids involved in the Person scandal. Makes sense to me.
    absolutely Mustapha. Wasnt he supposed to visit us but committed to Auburn on his visit to them?