Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitz: ?If anything, from this game we take it as a reality check.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Listened to Will Sammon on OOB FB page last night and he echoed pretty much everything in the article. He talked to several players that thought they were something special after trouncing LSU and decided to mentally take the week off from practice. He also said Grantham was pissed by his defense's performance. He expects us to look much better vs Auburn.
    If we do beat Auburn, and that's a big test, we would have a great shot at a NY6 bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, Georgia on upset alert? I really doubt it with the way Tennessee has been playing, but I do think it's pretty close
    Only if Tennessee suddenly develops a fantastic pass rush. UGA is legit.

vCash
    Listened to Will Sammon on OOB FB page last night and he echoed pretty much everything in the article. He talked to several players that thought they were something special after trouncing LSU and decided to mentally take the week off from practice. He also said Grantham was pissed by his defense's performance. He expects us to look much better vs Auburn.
    Yeah knowing Granthams temprament his head was probably ready to explode Saturday night. I know one thing if they don't play with a little more urgency we will be seeing a lot of new faces on defense. Grantham is defintely NOT a passive DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Only if Tennessee suddenly develops a fantastic pass rush. UGA is legit.
    And finds a QB.

vCash
    I think you see the same team that played LSU energy and intensity wise saturday night vs auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think you see the same team that played LSU energy and intensity wise saturday night vs auburn
    I certainly hope so. Sammon talked to Braxton and, IIRC, Tolando about the game and they were pretty disgusted with themselves and said this week of practice was gonna be more intense than last week. The team realizes they screwed the pooch in Athens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't know if we have the horses to beat Auburn, but I do expect us to play better than we did at UGA
    I think the only way to possibly beat Auburn is to come out with a lot of emotion and not get behind early. In addition, we have to play much better defense than we played against Georgia. Letting a guy run untouched about 30 yards for a TD is totally unacceptable.

vCash
    I certainly hope so. Sammon talked to Braxton and, IIRC, Tolando about the game and they were pretty disgusted with themselves and said this week of practice was gonna be more intense than last week. The team realizes they screwed the pooch in Athens.
    I don't want to hear anything from tolando. He is not an SEC corner. Neither is rayford. Those guys should only play vs UMass and BYU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I don't want to hear anything from tolando. He is not an SEC corner. Neither is rayford. Those guys should only play vs UMass and BYU.
    Dan has to do a better job of balancing playing time between the "hard workers" and the guys that can play. And I will admit it has gotten better.

vCash
    Here's my thoughts for Tuesday.

I don't think we're nearly as bad as we were against Georgia. Maybe we aren't as good as we were against LSU, but if I had to guess based on the LSU game, Charleston Southern, and La Tech we're probably a lot closer to how we looked against LSU than how we looked against Georgia. Basically Georgia caught us at the right place and the right time. I don't know if we will beat Auburn- but I bet we do a LOT better than we did against Georgia. Our team more than anything has to learn how to handle success and winning and I think they have learned some good lessons on that the past two weeks. We'll see how much they learned this weekend.

The fact of the matter is we are starting to get some respect around the SEC because we're becoming a more and more consistent winner. We're not going to be able to use the underdog/sneak up on someone mentality on as many opponents. We have learn to be able to match the intensity of our opponents and overcome that every time out.

vCash
    Fitz has to do a ton better reading defenses. Against LSU he hit a couple of big TD passes but they were set up perfectly by play action and the WR's were wide open. But against the Georgia's, Auburn's, Bama's, he is going to have to complete the 3rd and 5 or longer for us to have the year we all want to have. He was fooled several times by Georgia's coverage schemes and almost got Donald Grey killed in the 2nd qtr when he read man but they were actually in zone. Must improve his pre snap reads and Dan could help him a ton by getting him some better WR's for his senior season!

vCash
    http://mississippistate.247sports.co...ense-108001049

Some good insight from Grantham.

http://mississippistate.247sports.co...rack-108026969

Dez Harris knows what's up too.

After these three articles in this thread if we come out looking like shit Saturday night I'm gonna be pissed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Hes made plays in SEC games. How much eligibility do you have left

Banned
    vCash
    We are big at TE and we are deep. If our WRs can't get separation just load the field with TEs and beat the shit outta Auburn physically. We will be able to run better with 9/10 big dudes blocking everyone and if we can't we will at least beat them up making our WRs quicker when we do put them in. Oh yea and wear on them with Gibson too. Just be huge basically.