I've seen several folks comment that the play calling vs UGA was poor/conservative and that's what Mullen does in all big games etc... After re-watching the game, I actually think the play calling was fine. It wasn't conservative. I think it appeared that way during the game because Fitz had little time to scan the field and would just dump it to a back or force a throw into a covered receiver. The O-line just couldn't get a push. All of our first down runs were short, so the LBs never bought the play-action fakes second or third down. Additionally, even when Fitz had time in the pocket, none of the receivers were getting separation. He tried the back shoulder to DGray 3 times, and all 3 were broken up. So, I don't think play-calling was the issue here.

Having said all that it seems the coaches either over-estimated our O-line or under-estimated UGA's D-line. When it was evident our O-line was going to struggle, I think there should've been some more of Fitz rolling out of the pocket, as well as quick-short throws and wide-receiver screens. Since our receivers were playing poorly, it may not have worked anyway, but it was obvious the coaches thought Fitz would be able to hang out in the pocket like he did vs LSU. Instead, Fitz was pressured nearly ever time he dropped back, and there was no 'back-up' gameplan to go to. Hopefully this week we'll install some plays to help Fitz out when the O-line is struggling to create a clean pocket.