Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
I think people are honestly sleeping on TSUNs potential. Yes theyre about to get slammed and they lost their HC. They haven't played very organized this year at times and thats due to the NCAA issues and having a new coach, but the only team that has given Bama issues the last several years has been TSUN and it's all because they have big, physical, talented receivers that can make plays. They have a QB that can get the ball to them and make a play out of nothing. As much as I hate TSUN I'm not so sure they are as bad as many people on this board thinks. If they come together and play their A game then Bama will have a game.
They are a good 7 on 7 team. They're bad by most metrics despite having played some fairly bad competition. UT-Martin was able to run the ball on them and that game was in doubt into the third quarter. I have a feeling that South Alabama is not going to be very good once the season ends either- and they certainly have never been known for having an explosive offense. Cal completely dominated them in the second half once they made some adjustments and I'm going to guess that Cal is probably comparable to South Carolina.

They're 10th in the SEC in scoring defense and rush defense despite having played no one remotely close to the caliber of Alabama and 8th in the league in pass defense despite playing balanced offenses.

Their offense is 4th in the SEC- behind MSU in scoring offense and dead last in rushing offense while being number one in pass offense- mostly due to style and a lack of a true running threat. I'm expecting to see some regression there once they start SEC play this weekend.