Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auburn -10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree but as of now Auburn's defense is slightly statistically better than Georgia's defense. I don't think that means that we will be held to three points because of the intangibles coming into this game versus Georgia but we'll see how it goes. Dan typically does pretty decently against Auburn.
    Down 35-0 to Auburn at half at home just last year. Can't remember the final, 45-7 I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Down 35-0 to Auburn at half at home just last year. Can't remember the final, 45-7 I think
    The final last year was 35-14 but if you’re going by last year we were down 23-3 at halftime to LSU. It will come down to this IMO. Will A) Fitz learn from his mistakes at GA on Saturday?, B) will Dan panic and give up on the run game too quickly like he did yesterday?, C) was it just a really terrible game by our guys coupled with a great game by GA?, D) knowing the Auburn game means more and we match up better with Auburn did we just say **** it and prepare more for Auburn then Georgia? The last point wouldn’t surprise me. If we win on Saturday, will our fans shut the **** up? Now that’s the 64k question.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    I see your point and am certainly not arguing BYU is a threat. And I agree that the opening drive at AU is meaningful. I'm saying if we lose to AU - especially if it's bad - then I sure hope I see a confident attitude against BYU (and KY) to show that the Dogs were able to shake it off and move on. I really, really hope I don't see a flat start against BYU. That's what I'm getting at.
    Point taken.

vCash
    Keys to the game 1) will the O-line open up holes for the run game against a good Auburn front, have to to allow play action in the passing game. 2) Can the WRs get separation from Auburns DBs and can they win a 50-50 ball for a change. 3) Fitz has to slow down his progressions. He checks down too quickly or forces balls after getting popped a few times. 4) defense has to stuff the run 5) need pressure on QB and a pick or 2 by the secondary