Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn -10

vCash
    I am certainly not preemptively accepting a loss against Auburn. I think we could win it with some luck. But if we lose, I still won't consider it a death blow to the season. In my view, a very telling moment for the rest of the season will be the first offensive series against BYU.

vCash
    Samfcord scored 14 on Georgia and we only scored 3. Does that mean Samford is better than us? You cant really compare scores for teams.

Auburn is better than we are and at home. They are very good defensively and getting better on O now that Johnson is back. If we keep it within 10 we will have played well. From there though, we could be on our way to a 7-2 record when we face Bama.

vCash
    31-17 AU, so the line seems about right to me.

vCash
    Auburn 20-17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    You do realize don't you that they shut Clemson down pretty good ... while being on the field the majority of the game cause their O went nowhere.

Sorta hard to tell yet just how good Clemson's O is, but I'm willing to bet it's better than ours is. And we're at Auburn.
    Every game is different with different set of circumstances.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    I am certainly not preemptively accepting a loss against Auburn. I think we could win it with some luck. But if we lose, I still won't consider it a death blow to the season. In my view, a very telling moment for the rest of the season will be the first offensive series against BYU.

BYU won't tell us anything about this season. They are dog crap. The opening play against AU will tell way more than that game will.

vCash
    Point spreads are set for betting purposes. They are not to predict how much a team will win or lose by. Vegas wants the spread to be where it will be attractive to fans of both schools to bet. That is why the spread usually changes. In other words Vegas wants to set up the point spread where more fans on both sides will bet and what is believed to be the most advantageous to the Betting Companies.

Yeah, I agree. We need to have a great practice, be focused and ready to hit the field with a positive aggressive mindset that we are going to win mentality. Dan also needs to have a good game plan and not one like the one in the GA game where it appeared we were playing to try to keep from losing. That may have not been the case, but it sure seemed like it.

vCash
    I'ts still a young season, but from what I've seen, AU's DL is a little better than UGA and a good bit better than LSU...

I see some similarities in AU & MSU.

If MSU coaching can overcome the disparity in talent, y'all can clip em.... Gus is gonna run it... a bunch.

I think the line is that low bc it'll prolly be a low scoring game... Haven't seen the O/U, yet...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Final score will probably be 24-10 auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    They got Kerryon Johnson back yesterday. He had 5 tds and there was still 10 mins left in the 1st half.
    Against a team that allowed 40 to missouri state. pump the brakes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Every game is different with different set of circumstances.
    True and true Jack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Against a team that allowed 40 to missouri state. pump the brakes
    We are. Pumping the brakes on us being as good as Missouri State that is ****** That would be just a half a notch below Bama *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'ts still a young season, but from what I've seen, AU's DL is a little better than UGA and a good bit better than LSU...

If MSU coaching can overcome the disparity in talent, y'all can clip em.... Gus is gonna run it... a bunch.

I think the line is that low bc it'll prolly be a low scoring game... Haven't seen the O/U, yet...
    I haven't watched AU much. What similarities do you see?

I need an objective view that is probably pretty accurate.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 09-24-2017 at 08:17 PM.

vCash

Georgia has more defensive team speed than AU. AU may have a better overall DL but Fitz may have better running opportunities against them. He couldn't get away from Georgia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I haven't watched AU much. What similarities do you see?

I need an objective view that is probably pretty accurate.
    Similarities:
    1) Good to Great DLs
    2) Questionable QBs and OL
    3) Less than stellar WRs and DBs
    4) Really good Kicking Games
    5) The need to establish the run

No.

vCash
    Similarities:
    1) Good to Great DLs
    Well ... that sums us up pretty well. We'll see who's hurting the most in those areas Saturday night.

vCash
    Similarities:
    1) Good to Great DLs
    Fitz is better than anyone auburn has at QB not sure how he is questionable. The rest im good with

vCash
    Fitz is better than anyone auburn has at QB not sure how he is questionable. The rest im good with
    I've been and still am a Fitz fan. However, he struggles some finding his secondary receivers after the snap. He can sho run tho.

vCash
    His accuracy isn't the greatest. AU will dare Fitz to beat em throwing the ball... If he can't get to the edge, he may never see the 2nd level rushing.

edit: Stidham's talent is being misused by GUS, while Fitz's talent is being maximized by YDL...
    Last edited by TUSK; 09-24-2017 at 08:45 PM.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    BYU won't tell us anything about this season. They are dog crap. The opening play against AU will tell way more than that game will.
    I see your point and am certainly not arguing BYU is a threat. And I agree that the opening drive at AU is meaningful. I'm saying if we lose to AU - especially if it's bad - then I sure hope I see a confident attitude against BYU (and KY) to show that the Dogs were able to shake it off and move on. I really, really hope I don't see a flat start against BYU. That's what I'm getting at.