Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn -10

vCash

Auburn -10

That seems like a large spread but the final score could be 14-3.

We better have a great week of practice and show up on the plains with a new recipe to score.

Trying to execute what we did last night again will have the exact same result.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-24-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: The

vCash
    I know their d-line is legit but it's hard to believe that their defense will be as good as UGA's, and I'm still not convinced Stidham is anything special. The experts talking like abusing Missouri is evidence they've turned the corner is a bit of stretch. If we can use yesterday's embarrassment as motivation instead of bringing a repeat performance, I like our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I know their d-line is legit but it's hard to believe that their defense will be as good as UGA's, and I'm still not convinced Stidham is anything special. The experts talking like abusing Missouri is evidence they've turned the corner is a bit of stretch. If we can use yesterday's embarrassment as motivation instead of bringing a repeat performance, I like our chances.
    You do realize don't you that they shut Clemson down pretty good ... while being on the field the majority of the game cause their O went nowhere.

Sorta hard to tell yet just how good Clemson's O is, but I'm willing to bet it's better than ours is. And we're at Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I agree but as of now Auburn's defense is slightly statistically better than Georgia's defense. I don't think that means that we will be held to three points because of the intangibles coming into this game versus Georgia but we'll see how it goes. Dan typically does pretty decently against Auburn.

vCash
    Auburn offense is a question mark imo. They've faced #120 and #123 nationally in scoring defense; auburn is 66th in scoring offense.

We can't give up an easy TD early again though and expect to win

vCash
    They got Kerryon Johnson back yesterday. He had 5 tds and there was still 10 mins left in the 1st half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Auburn offense is a question mark imo. They've faced #120 and #123 nationally in scoring defense; auburn is 66th in scoring offense.

We can't give up an easy TD early again though and expect to win
    I was leaning our way because of what I thought was a superior offense for us with the D's being more closely matched. Not sure now. We got whupped on D last night too.

Also hope Stidham's confidence didn't elevate too much after last night's game. I'm hopeful he'll be tentative against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    They got Kerryon Johnson back yesterday. He had 5 tds and there was still 10 mins left in the 1st half.
    Auburn was impressive last night no doubt, but I remember Missouri state hanging 43 on Missouri. Missouri didn't report to fall practice from their safe spaces.

vCash
    Auburn 24-20

vCash
    Auburn 24-20
    Not again!! Another 2 minute drive to win game?

vCash
    I hope the spread gets bigger. When it's tight apparently we start thinking we're better than we are. ** (sort of)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not again!! Another 2 minute drive to win game?
    I think auburn start to finish lead, but contested game

vCash
    That's better. I don't want our D to make Stidham look like Joe Montana ... like they did with Marshall in '13.

vCash
    Mercer played them close at home. Regardless of what Dan said last night about not executing, we played like shit and UGA absolutely played their best game of the year. I’m not really predicting a score this week b/c I really don’t know what to expect. I doubt we play that poorly two weeks in a row. But who knows?

vCash
    30-17 AU

vCash
    You do realize don't you that they shut Clemson down pretty good ... while being on the field the majority of the game cause their O went nowhere.

Sorta hard to tell yet just how good Clemson's O is, but I'm willing to bet it's better than ours is. And we're at Auburn.
    Boston College held Clemson to just 7 points until late yesterday also. That was a tie game in the fourth and BC defense is not that great. Clemson offensively is not close to the machine of the last few years.

vCash

That was also the Clemson QB’s second start and first time starting against a good defense. I think they played that game fairly conservative. Clemson’s D also had 11 sacks on Auburn’s OL.

vCash
    Auburn was impressive last night no doubt, but I remember Missouri state hanging 43 on Missouri. Missouri didn't report to fall practice from their safe spaces.
    Purdue’s 34-3 win was more impressive IMO. Missouri has given up. They didn’t against Purdue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Boston College held Clemson to just 7 points until late yesterday also. That was a tie game in the fourth and BC defense is not that great. Clemson offensively is not close to the machine of the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Purdue’s 34-3 win was more impressive IMO. Missouri has given up. They didn’t against Purdue.
    I don't know how good they are. But I also don't know how good we are. I haven't sat down to really watch AU. I'm back to somewhat hopeful state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Mercer played them close at home. Regardless of what Dan said last night about not executing, we played like shit and UGA absolutely played their best game of the year. I’m not really predicting a score this week b/c I really don’t know what to expect. I doubt we play that poorly two weeks in a row. But who knows?
    Auburn's kinda like we are (and Tennessee and just about everybody else) ... when somebody like Mercer comes to town, we as fans and the team doesn't really care about the game. And sometimes it almost jumps up and bites you like we did with USA last year and Tennessee did yesterday. I really wish we'd stop scheduling Massachusettes, Mercer, Appalacian State, and the like. Might be good as a first game of the year warmup but that's about it.