Thread: Anyone have a status update on Dear??

vCash

Anyone have a status update on Dear??

we really need another offensive weapon, obviously. I remember there was talk that he may be back for last night's game but I don't remember seeing him at all.
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    I don't think he played. I get confused sometimes because Aeris changed his number to Dear's. I have a feeling if we did play him he wouldn't be nearly as effective. We probably should just let him take the year off and then come back strong and 100% next year.

vCash
    He dressed for LSU and UGA. He is cleared to play and didn't participate in either game.

vCash
    He should redshirt!

vCash
    What capability does he bring that we are missing?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I really don't get the Dear love. Or at least, the belief (hope) that his return will all-of-a-sudden jump start our offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    He should redshirt!
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I think if he was 100% healthy he could definitely help us in both the pass and run game and make us more diverse. For his career he has 6 TD's (4 receiving and 2 rushing) and he is averaging a solid 8.4 yards per attempt rushing the ball and 10.7 YPC receiving the ball. And I think he would be entering his prime years as a collegiate player as a junior and senior so I think it's certainly reasonable to believe those numbers would potentially increase.

Of course that's IF he's 100% healthy. Since he hasn't played, I'm going to assume that's not the case. And that's fine because I want him at 100% if possible.

And to compare him to Keith Mixon- who I really like but plays a similar position- through 8 fewer game in his career he has 3 receiving TD's 0 rushing TD's and his rushing average is 4.5 YPA although he does have a slightly higher YPC at 12.1. Just to illustrate what Dear would probably give us if he was healthy- probably slightly better numbers than what we are getting with Mixon.

vCash
    If he can get back to 100 percent pretty quickly, we could certainly use the help at receiver
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I've heard that now they are debating whether to play at Auburn or wait until after bye week and bring him in on the 14th against BYU.

I guess the question if you did that would be, does his presence help us win a game that we would lose without him. I think we beat BYU, Kentucky, UMass, and OM without him. I think we lose to Bama with or without him. So that leaves A&M and Arkansas. Can we beat them without him, and if yes, then I lean to redshirting him. If no, we can't beat them without him, then you ask, does his playing guarantee us winning the game. Based on your answer there, you then have to ask is it worth a whole season eligibility to help us win those two games.

Personally, I lean to redshirt him.

vCash
    Mullen said today he's still deciding if they will play him or not. Said something about wanting to make sure Dear is comfortable playing.

vCash
    Personally I think it's up to Dear. If he's completely healthy and wants to play this year, we should let him play. Jmo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Personally I think it's up to Dear. If he's completely healthy and wants to play this year, we should let him play. Jmo
    Well, the season is 1/3 over already. At some point soon he either needs to redshirt or we must have near certainty that he's necessary to win a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Well, the season is 1/3 over already. At some point soon he either needs to redshirt or we must have near certainty that he's necessary to win a game.
    I would rather see him redshirt but I think it should be his decision. If he's healthy and wants to play I say let him. I'm sure Dan will also council him on what's best for the team and him.