Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I heard something interesting involving the upcoming Ole Miss sanctions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No way that happens. The only time I ever even heard of that ever being a possibility was one year when Grambling was having some major internal problems and the team was protesting. I can't remember the end result of that, but I think they played.

Not showing up at all would be incredibly embarrassing for Ole Miss- among no telling what kind of penalties there would be for not showing up. They would have to forfeit the Egg Bowl and I can't imagine ESPN being happy about them having to show the MSU spring game Thanksgiving edition. It would probably cost them at least a million dollars in penalties and be another huge black eye for their program.
    That was Grambling/Jackson State about 3 years ago. They did not play that game, the Grambling players did not show up at the team bus to travel to the game, so Grambling forfeited. The players were protesting the conditions of their facilities. Grambling had to pay JSU a chunk of money and got in troble with the SWAC.

vCash
    Well, It wouldn't make since for the COI to issue the Death Penalty prior to the egg bowl and then still expect OM to play the game*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Well, It wouldn't make since for the COI to issue the Death Penalty prior to the egg bowl and then still expect OM to play the game*****
    Interesting thought for sure.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    There are already serious financial penalties built into the contracts. For example Tulane had to pay us $350,000.00 when they canceled their game with us.
    I meant individuals, not the school. Of course, I was being facetious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Nor would it make sense .... **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    That was Grambling/Jackson State about 3 years ago. They did not play that game, the Grambling players did not show up at the team bus to travel to the game, so Grambling forfeited. The players were protesting the conditions of their facilities. Grambling had to pay JSU a chunk of money and got in troble with the SWAC.
    Didn't that almost happen to Missouri a couple years ago when the team was all up in arms?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    The COI won't deliver the penalties until after the Egg Bowl in an attempt to limit potential violence situations in the rivalry. I kind of see that position by them, but if they went ahead and announced the penalties, no OM people would attend the Egg Bowl. Once the penalties are handed down, 99%of OM fans won't care anymore about football. What you guys think?
    Pretty sure they were referring to players fighting each other. There's virtually no threat of violence from Ole Miss fans in Starkville since they usually bring about 500 over and there's not one man in the whole pussie lot of them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl.
    He was talking about their defense and he is correct

vCash
    MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get their share. Due to the sanctions.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 09-26-2017 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get there share. Due to the sanctions.
    Huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    Huh?
    OM will not receive any money made off any games -- due to the sanctions.. Those sanctions will/should be back dated to the beginning of the investigation. All of the money from the Sugar Bowl will have to be returned also... nearly 8M.

Should OM, as rumored, decide not to show up for the Egg Bowl... Now that would be interesting for sure....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get there share. Due to the sanctions.
    their*

vCash
    Didn't see this posted...Pat Forde said right after the COI meeting that it would be after the Egg Bowl. May of tweeted it for all I know..

vCash
    I understand the thought process of the NCAA releasing after the Egg Bowl. It makes sense to me. However another school of thought is that the NCAA might announce as quickly as possible (maybe late October). This would give 4-5 weeks for things to settle down before the Egg Bowl. This would give Ole Miss clarity for their coaching search. This would be more fair to recruits with a December 20 signing date. It gives recruits more time to understand the sanctions and consider them when selecting a school. I would hate to be an Ole Miss verbal commit who finds out on December 1 that the sanctions will be much worse than anticipated. Then I only have three weeks to find another school. Unless I wait until February.

Also, if you are going to allow open transfer, I think the announcement needs to come sooner. Existing players need time to consider their transfer options. In my opinion, if the NCAA is looking out for the high school recruits, and also for the existing players, the announcement needs to come as soon as possible.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 09-26-2017 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    Any delay in announcing the sanctions would be because they're going to be too staggering and crippling to announce during the season. That's a very, very bad sign for Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Any delay in announcing the sanctions would be because they're going to be too staggering and crippling to announce during the season. That's a very, very bad sign for Ole Miss.
    Like I have said before, I worry about our players' safety. I can see them taking cheap shots. I have heard some of their trashy ass fans allude to this saying that Leo and Kobe were "marked men"

vCash
    AGAIN, I want the sanctions released before the Egg Bowl. It will be a blow to that teams morale, and won't help their coaching search one bit.

Ole Miss will get the same coach they are gonna get whether the sanctions are announced in Early Nov. or Early Dec.

The candidate pool is set to begin with, and it's not that big.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times