Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I heard something interesting involving the upcoming Ole Miss sanctions

vCash

I heard something interesting involving the upcoming Ole Miss sanctions

The COI won't deliver the penalties until after the Egg Bowl in an attempt to limit potential violence situations in the rivalry. I kind of see that position by them, but if they went ahead and announced the penalties, no OM people would attend the Egg Bowl. Once the penalties are handed down, 99%of OM fans won't care anymore about football. What you guys think?

vCash
    Well, with it being in Starkville we should outnumber them about 8 to 1 anyway. I also think that by the time the Egg Bowl rolls around not very many of their fans are going to show up anyway if their season goes like I think it will. They don't show up if they suck.

I like it if they announce the penalties after the Egg Bowl because if by chance we get upset- that will slow their roll down. If we win which I think we probably will- then it rubs salt in the wound. It also leaves them in flux as far as the early recruiting period and would delay any inevitable coaching search that they will have- all of which would hurt them.

vCash
    I'm pretty certain that OM is challenging this and if this is not the normal NCAA timeline, then the sanctions may be issued prior to the Egg Bowl. I even had an OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl. Now wouldn't that be interesting if that should become a reality?

vCash
    Finebaum started the rumor Friday in an interview with Bob Ley. That tells me all I need to know about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I'm pretty certain that OM is challenging this and if this is not the normal NCAA timeline, then the sanctions may be issued prior to the Egg Bowl. I even had an OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl. Now wouldn't that be interesting if that should become a reality?
    Your Ole Miss supporter is an idiot. Just not showing up for a game might just get them kicked out of not only the SEC but the NCAA. It would also violate several contracts. The only way that happens is if the NCAA cancels the game.

vCash
    Haha. Let Ole Miss just not show up and see what the SEC does to them for that. Them not coming to the game will never happen and you need to tell your friend he is a freaking idiot if he believes that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Finebaum started the rumor Friday in an interview with Bob Ley. That tells me all I need to know about it.
    What did Bob Ley have to say about that? I missed the interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Your Ole Miss supporter is an idiot. Just not showing up for a game might just get them kicked out of not only the SEC but the NCAA. It would also violate several contracts. The only way that happens is if the NCAA cancels the game.

I think it was more of a we are self imposing a bowl ban this year and the MSU/OM game is the Egg Bowl, Stranger things have happened. Yeah, I would agree with you.

vCash
    I think the COI could care less when Egg Bowl is...

vCash
    They seem to like law suits ... we could sue them for cost of hotel, cost of tickets, cost of travel, and mental anguish. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    What did Bob Ley have to say about that? I missed the interview.
    Ley questioned it. But Finebaum said "I'm just letting you know what I'm hearing"

vCash
    I think it was more of a we are self imposing a bowl ban this year and the MSU/OM game is the Egg Bowl, Stranger things have happened. Yeah, I would agree with you.
    What "stranger things have happened"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Ley questioned it. But Finebaum said "I'm just letting you know what I'm hearing"
    And with those ears Paul hears a lot.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
    What "stranger things have happened"?

"Stranger things have happened" is just a saying when you think something couldn't have happened but it did. I should have just left that wording off. My bad. That comment about the no show may have just been a smart a..... comment. I thought it was funny when I heard it. As was said earlier there is no way, even if they wanted to do a no show, with contracts, obligations, etc.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    The Bob Ley/Finebaum interview was stupid on all accounts. Ley mentioned that it was a strange situation because Leo Lewis "was a transfer from OM to MSU and then turned on his old team", in which Finebaum didn't even acknowledge that it was incorrect. Finebaum just repeating what he had heard. I saw it written someplace about being held until after Egg Bowl because of safety to fans, etc. Finebaum just got it from hearing it from someplace else.

vCash
    No way that happens. The only time I ever even heard of that ever being a possibility was one year when Grambling was having some major internal problems and the team was protesting. I can't remember the end result of that, but I think they played.

Not showing up at all would be incredibly embarrassing for Ole Miss- among no telling what kind of penalties there would be for not showing up. They would have to forfeit the Egg Bowl and I can't imagine ESPN being happy about them having to show the MSU spring game Thanksgiving edition. It would probably cost them at least a million dollars in penalties and be another huge black eye for their program.

vCash
    The sanctions will be released and then om can file an appeal. Won't do them any good.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I think the COI could care less when Egg Bowl is...
    *Couldn't*

vCash
    From the last time they played at Davis Wade, there were very few fans scattered around the stadium except in the visitors section, I think its something just brought up to get attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    They seem to like law suits ... we could sue them for cost of hotel, cost of tickets, cost of travel, and mental anguish. **
    There are already serious financial penalties built into the contracts. For example Tulane had to pay us $350,000.00 when they canceled their game with us.