Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I seem to remember reading alot around here

vCash

I seem to remember reading alot around here

this past offseason about whether or not Donald Gray was a top 10 SEC WR. Thru 1/3 of the season:

He is in a 4-way tie at 18th in receptions
    He is 35th in total yards
    He is tied for 35th in yards per catch.

Extremely slow start for a top guy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    this past offseason about whether or not Donald Gray was a top 10 SEC WR. Thru 1/3 of the season:

He is in a 4-way tie at 18th in receptions
    He is 35th in total yards
    He is tied for 35th in yards per catch.

Extremely slow start for a top guy.
    Gray is a solid #2 SEC receiver. The problem is when you don't have a number 1 receiver, it's hard for a number 2 to perform.

vCash
    He's a good WR that is played out of position. I'm not saying that makes him a top 10 WR but it doesn't help him.

vCash
    Fire ***********

vCash
    Gray is a 3rd guy,slot guy kick returner. It's imperative that receivers from Callaway and Hinds get to campus.

vCash
    No way. Not now, not ever, but he his decent to complement a good receiver which we don't seem to have. I think we really miss Myles right now, he was playing pretty decent and taking a little heat off Gray. Against DB's like last night we have no competitition evidently. Wish we could get something out of Todd, Mitchell or Couch more than one target a game.

I do like all our slot receivers though, nobody is top ten though.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    I still think he's a good receiver that to me we haven't really focused on getting the ball to. How many time have we targeted him deep? How many WR screens have we run for him? For whatever reason I don't think he's been a big part of the game plan

Maybe it's because he's not getting open. I have no clue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I still think he's a good receiver that to me we haven't really focused on getting the ball to. How many time have we targeted him deep? How many WR screens have we run for him? For whatever reason I don't think he's been a big part of the game plan

Maybe it's because he's not getting open. I have no clue
    It's common sense. It's harder to hit a smaller target when there is someone covering him in terms of throwing window. And he can't use his size to body up on corners that run just as fast as him meaning he can't outrun them either- and are bigger and more physical than him. He also doesn't have off the charts leaping ability to make up for any of it. That's why receivers like him are usually in the slot- so they can use their speed to beat a less athletic than a CB player whether that's a safety, nickle, LB or whoever it is. And they also run a lot of option routes where they can use the defenders position against them to get open and make plays in space.

The only time he has consistently been able to make plays as an outside WR as a deep threat is when he has been playing against a non-SEC school or that CB from Arkansas that was actually smaller than him.

As far as screens go- I don't know, it seems like those have kind of gone out of style around football and everyone seems to be calling less of them. I'm not sure why. To me, it seems like some of our screens are kind of complicated and slow developing the rare occasions that we run them. We definitely need someone like Jordan Thomas or Justin Johnson split out wide blocking on those if we run them with Gray, Myles, or Mixon.

vCash
    I remember reading from you we'd win 6 games and non out of this three game stretch. You also didn't post last week after LSU's game. Keep that tradition going. #Cheerforbama

vCash
    Anyone check the stats for yds for catch on all MSU receptions last night. Very sad.

vCash
    What's the point?

Trust me, Junior is doing his best.

He doesn't have Brady throwing to him.
    UGA has some speed at DB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I remember reading from you we'd win 6 games and non out of this three game stretch. You also didn't post last week after LSU's game. Keep that tradition going. #Cheerforbama
    Yep

vCash
    You don't think lack of production might have a lot to do with not having another impact receiver to take some attention off of him?

vCash
    You are the biggest, most insufferable, miserable twat I've ever come across. When we trounce LSU you don't say a damn word. We get our shit kicked in and you come beating your ****ing man tits saying "look at me, one of my 25 predictions came true. I'm so much smarter than you". You would rather be right about some meaningless shit and have MSU suffer, than be wrong and have them succeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    You are the biggest, most insufferable, miserable twat I've ever come across. When we trounce LSU you don't say a damn word. We get our shit kicked in and you come beating your ****ing man tits saying "look at me, one of my 25 predictions came true. I'm so much smarter than you". You would rather be right about some meaningless shit and have MSU suffer, than be wrong and have them succeed.
    Sad and true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep
    Nope- I predicted a 7-5 season. As did my sidekick John Bond. The LSU win was a good one though. I had a great time

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's the autofellatio thread we were waiting on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    A) We dont call people twats around here
    B) I posted several times last week. But with my g/f in town, going to the LSU game, and a short week because we played on Thursday instead of Friday this week, plus doing the podcast- I didnt have much free time. I do appreciate you keeping up with me though. Thanks for reading
    C) I'd rather MSU win and me be right at the same time.
    D) Dont be mad when I point out things like Georgia being good as I said they would or Gray being exactly what I said he was. Or Fitzgerald still needing work as a passer. Why does that anger you so?

vCash
    Coach it's just you make these self ego stroking posts which could very well be true by the end of the year but people also remember when your predictions miss badly as well, like the juggernaut at LSU and how great Danny Etling will be. Florida continues to struggle horribly on offense, etc. Just have a hard time also seeing humility from you at times as well.

So sorry to hear about the tragedy y'all faced a few weeks back. Prayers out to everyone on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Coach it's just you make these self ego stroking posts which could very well be true by the end of the year but people also remember when your predictions miss badly as well, like the juggernaut at LSU and how great Danny Etling will be. Florida continues to struggle horribly on offense, etc. Just have a hard time also seeing humility from you at times as well.

So sorry to hear about the tragedy y'all faced a few weeks back. Prayers out to everyone on that.
    nobody ever said Etling would be great. Said Etling is good enough to win them some games
    Florida is 3-1 this season so far.
    Thanks for your prayers