Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I seem to remember reading alot around here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    nobody ever said Etling would be great. Said Etling is good enough to win them some games
    Florida is 3-1 this season so far.
    Thanks for your prayers
    Florida is 3-1 and is lucky to not be 1-3. And is McE as an offensive coach has struggled mightily with that side of the ball. If he was at MSU you wouldn't stand for it.

Etling can't win them a game and has never showed that type of talent. He is still a game manager at best.

You are very welcome. Going through something very similar in our area as well and many are still trying to come to grips with it.

vCash
    Time to move Couch to his natural position, the position that made him a 4 star and had offers rolling in from Florida State, Bama, and several other big time schools: Linebacker time!! Half of his eligibility will be gone after this season and let's face it- If he can't be a major player in this below average, borderline D2 WR position group, what kind of chance does he have to play in the NFL?? Correct, zero. Make the switch Coach!

vCash
    nobody ever said Etling would be great. Said Etling is good enough to win them some games
    Thanks for your prayers
    Eh, you were right about Ga and wrong about us not winning any of these three so so far you are hitting on about 50% of your predictions, not much better than a weather man. I do like your enthusiasm though. Keep it up big guy, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

vCash
    this past offseason about whether or not Donald Gray was a top 10 SEC WR. Thru 1/3 of the season:

He is in a 4-way tie at 18th in receptions
    He is 35th in total yards
    He is tied for 35th in yards per catch.

Extremely slow start for a top guy.

This is what happens when you start 3 slot WR's and force one to play the role of a downfield threat. Covering our passing game is as simple as covering Gray and making sure to keep everything else in front of you.

Hell, you only have to cover him until Fitz looks away. Zero pump and goes, nothing to worry about. Cover Gray, wait for the check down, LB breaks on Mixon or the RB before the ball is even thrown.

vCash
    this past offseason about whether or not Donald Gray was a top 10 SEC WR. Thru 1/3 of the season:

He is in a 4-way tie at 18th in receptions
    He is 35th in total yards
    He is tied for 35th in yards per catch.

Extremely slow start for a top guy.
    He's got to be near the top in drops too.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    A) We dont call people twats around here
    B) I posted several times last week. But with my g/f in town, going to the LSU game, and a short week because we played on Thursday instead of Friday this week, plus doing the podcast- I didnt have much free time. I do appreciate you keeping up with me though. Thanks for reading
    C) I'd rather MSU win and me be right at the same time.
    D) Dont be mad when I point out things like Georgia being good as I said they would or Gray being exactly what I said he was. Or Fitzgerald still needing work as a passer. Why does that anger you so?
    I feel your pain Coach...Seems unless you are pumping sunshine you are some how against MSU. Facts are not accepted well here.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 09-25-2017 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I feel your pain Coach...Seems unless you are pumping sunshine you are some how against MSU. Facts are not accepted well here.
    If you think that's what it is, you haven't been around very long.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If you think that's what it is, you haven't been around very long.
    I am just going on my experience since I have been here.

vCash
    Thanks for your prayers
    We can count on GA losing to Florida or Tenn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I doubt they'll lose to Tenn without a major bed-shitting. UF should be a low-scoring slugfest for them, especially if they don't have Eason back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Not from what I have seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Just wait. One of the two will clip them. Georgia is always good for a let down.

vCash
    If this is truly Georgia's level of play, I agree. I just look at this game as Georgia playing at peak level and is playing below average. If both teams played well, I still think they win though. Remember when OM went to Florida in '15 and got lambasted? I look at this game for us much like that, only difference is I think om was the better team that year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    He's got to be near the top in drops too.
    He's not making the big impact we all hoped and I thought he would, but it's because he isn't getting open and we are forcing back shoulder throws to him. I can't think of more than maybe one drop though. A DB covering you up and breaking up the catch is not a drop. I think last week Tebow said in his freak of the week segment that Gray only has 3 (or maybe 4) drops in his career. Hes gets that info from the coaches. The segment was about his grip strength, so why make that up? He's gotta get more precise in his routes and we have to try other ways to target him besides back shoulder.

Though he's never played slot receiver before, I finally have to admit that he would be better in that role. Has to improve his routes there too though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If this is truly Georgia's level of play, I agree. I just look at this game as Georgia playing at peak level and is playing below average. If both teams played well, I still think they win though. Remember when OM went to Florida in '15 and got lambasted? I look at this game for us much like that, only difference is I think om was the better team that year
    Georgia has talent, speed to burn and they are solid on defense. Fromm is as good of a Freshman Qb that I have seen in a while, there running game is solid plus there kicking game is special.

Pretty sure they will make most teams look bad this year.

vCash
    Georgia has talent, speed to burn and they are solid on defense. Fromm is as good of a Freshman Qb that I have seen in a while, there running game is solid plus there kicking game is special.

Pretty sure they will make most teams look bad this year.
    They were focused and surprisingly up for us. They were as up for us as we were for LSU. Smart may wish that he had that performance back against Tennessee. UGA played their best game and we played our worst. With the way we played on Saturday, a mediocre performance by them would have beaten us. It’s hard to maintain that level multiple weeks in a row for 18-22 year olds. If we had played them say the week after they played Notre Dame, we would have had a chance. I believe it was Sherrill that said you can only get up for 4 games a year. I tend to agree with that. The three game stretch that the SEC gifted us only Alabama could have come out of that unscathed. Shit UGA would easily drop one. The SEC did us no favors having that three game stretch.

vCash
    I think Gray has better chance in the NFL than any of our last 5 graduating classes as a possession WR and because of his ability to play special teams. Does he get drafted? Not sure, but I think he has a shot. He's built like Wes Welker and will have better measurables in the draft. Welker made it without being drafted and if given the shot I think Donald Gray can too. I still think he gets drafted in 6th or 7th and ends up being on a roster

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I remember reading from you we'd win 6 games and non out of this three game stretch. You also didn't post last week after LSU's game. Keep that tradition going. #Cheerforbama
    Boom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I remember reading from you we'd win 6 games and non out of this three game stretch. You also didn't post last week after LSU's game. Keep that tradition going. #Cheerforbama
    If we beat Auburn, we won?t hear from him next week either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If we beat Auburn, we won?t hear from him next week either.
    Yep. Sad but true.