Thread: As hard as it may seem, everyone needs to calm down

vCash

As hard as it may seem, everyone needs to calm down

The sun still rose this morning. Look fellas, we beat LSU last week in dominating fashion. Perhaps, LSU isnt as good as they usually are. But I can tell you this, they are more talented than we are and we man-handled them. I'm proud of that win. Last night proved to me that we are who I thought we are going to be heading into this season. I remember thinking in August that we are an 8-4 team. I still stand by that. We are going to beat a team or two that we aren't supposed to beat and we will win the ones we are supposed to win. That's what happened last night. Look, Kirby Smart is going to be one of the Saban coordinators that is highly successful. I think UGA is a sleeping giant that is waiting to be awoken. We were simply outcoached and out talented. They wanted it more.

I certainly don't approve of not getting a TD. We were whooped. They manhandled us like we manhandled LSU. I still believe we have a shot at beating Auburn next week. I think we can still get 9 wins this year. UGA is a great football team- better than I thought. Their defense is swarm and that QB, Fromm- yea the one Ole Miss tried to buy- is legit. We can play well in big games at home. We just aren't quite there to be able to consistently play well in big games away. I think we can get there, especially with OM recruiting that is about to take a hit. Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed, but I'm also trying to be reasonable.

I still trust Mullen and I still believe we are heading in the right direction. We have a lot of football left to play and we still have a lot of good things to look forward to.

Hail State!
    Last edited by Behrdawg; 09-24-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Good post. Interested to see how the team responds after a beat down

vCash
    Nah, fire everyone and hire someone who can outrecruit Georgia, bama, etc

vCash
    I agree. Auburn is the real test for us and for the season going forward. Maybe we had a little too much confidence after what we did to LSU and got a dose of reality to keep us in check...or maybe we were just a flash in the pan against LSU. How we play next Saturday will tell us a lot about this team. For better or for worse. I plan to make the trip for the game so I'm hoping our heads are on straight and we are good to go. Always thought UGA was going to be tougher than Auburn. Still think that's case. Hail State, win or lose.

vCash
    Great post Behr. 100% spot on.

vCash
    Great post, Behr. Agree. You need to post more.

vCash
    I wish Dan would have called a time out and tried to score at the end.

vCash
    I would like to believe we can beat Auburn, but I really don't. Malzahn isn't stupid. He could see how our OL couldn't knock Georgia's DL off the ball, which shut down our running game, and forced Fitz to pass. I would imagine that Auburn's DB's are comparable with Georgia's DB's and we will be in the same situation that we were last night. Their QB, Stidham, is probably as good as Fromm. In addition, Pettway is a tough RB who is hard to bring down, and the way we tackled last night was not encouraging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I would like to believe we can beat Auburn, but I really don't. Malzahn isn't stupid. He could see how our OL couldn't knock Georgia's DL off the ball, which shut down our running game, and forced Fitz to pass. I would imagine that Auburn's DB's are comparable with Georgia's DB's and we will be in the same situation that we were last night. Their QB, Stidham, is probably as good as Fromm. In addition, Pettway is a tough RB who is hard to bring down, and the way we tackled last night was not encouraging.
    I doubt Auburn will put on the performance Georgia did, but they won't have to. I think we lose some type of fairly close game. Our offense lacks a home run threat, and we don't put our best players in position to win at all times.

vCash
    Very good rational post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    The sun still rose this morning. Look fellas, we beat LSU last week in dominating fashion. Perhaps, LSU isnt as good as they usually are. But I can tell you this, they are more talented than we are and we man-handled them. I'm proud of that win. Last night proved to me that we are who I thought we are going to be heading into this season. I remember thinking in August that we are an 8-4 team. I still stand by that. We are going to beat a team or two that we aren't supposed to beat and we will win the ones we are supposed to win. That's what happened last night. Look, Kirby Smart is going to be one of the Saban coordinators that is highly successful. I think UGA is a sleeping giant that is waiting to be awoken. We were simply outcoached and out talented. They wanted it more.

I certainly don't approve of not getting a TD. We were whooped. They manhandled us like we manhandled LSU. I still believe we have a shot at beating Auburn next week. I think we can still get 9 wins this year. UGA is a great football team- better than I thought. Their defense is swarm and that QB, Fromm- yea the one Ole Miss tried to buy- is legit. We can play well in big games at home. We just aren't quite there to be able to consistently play well in big games away. I think we can get there, especially with OM recruiting that is about to take a hit. Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed, but I'm also trying to be reasonable.

I still trust Mullen and I still believe we are heading in the right direction. We have a lot of football left to play and we still have a lot of good things to look forward to.

Hail State!
    And given that Nibiru/Planet X is hanging around to bash us in, it's a miracle that the sun rose this morning. **

Good post. Many will have a similar meltdown after the Alabama game, and we'll probably lose a couple more. Actually, I'm thinking Auburn is iffy so we'll be either 9-3 (outstanding season) or 8-4 (pretty darn good season). And either way, go to a good bowl.

vCash
    We averaged 4.8 yards a carry last night. Same as UGA. Our line wasn't "blown up".

vCash
    Its not just about having a good DL. There's plenty of ways to better defend our run game if they are willing to guard the WRs one on one. I think we'll see many of them this season.

My problem is our run game is our strength, so we should make other teams shut it down before bailing on it like we did Saturday. Run it every down. If they shut it down for 3 drives, then resort to throwing it. Instead, we came out throwing. We ran the ball fine when we ran it, but we kept putting ourselves in 3rd and long due to incompletions. We werent once in 3rd and long by running it on 1st and 2nd down.

vCash
    This team just handled a SEC road game poorly and GA is flat better than us. We had no energy and no fire to start that game. We looked slow and intimidated. We looked like crap to start the game on the road at La Tech too. This team has to handle the road games better. Combine that with a big win vs LSU and we were set for a beating. Another road game at AU, will show us more than this game. Hopefully we show up with some fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nah, fire everyone and hire someone who can outrecruit Georgia, bama, etc

Then we had better open up the checkbook amd get................... Nick Saban haha

vCash
    Two weeks ago we all would have been happy going 1 and 2 over these three games. Worst case that's what we got. Everyone was saying next year is the year. Hell we only won 5 games last season. I would have been happy winning 7 this season. I think we win 8 to 9 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Then we had better open up the checkbook amd get................... Nick Saban haha
    I'll settle for someone that can land five high school o-linemen that are academically eligible in a cycle at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Two weeks ago we all would have been happy going 1 and 2 over these three games. Worst case that's what we got. Everyone was saying next year is the year. Hell we only won 5 games last season. I would have been happy winning 7 this season. I think we win 8 to 9 games.
    And I think the consensus was our one win of the three would be LSU. If we beat AU it's some gravy on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post

Hail State!
    rep awarded ... just because this team pulled off an upset is no reason to diss them when they lose a game that everyone expected them to lose ... I understand that the fashion in which we lost sucked but by no means should lose sight and appreciation for the thrill they gave us last week
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.