Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
Actually a lot of our offensive problems were caused by a still developing Nick Fitzgerald. He played absolutely poorly on Saturday and made very bad decisions/reads. As good as he was against LSU, he was equally bad at Georgia. Dan?s offense revolves around the decision making of the QB. Did you know that our OL didn?t give up a single sack nor did they give up a hurry. The best part about that game is it is over and it gave Fitz more experience against that defense. I think Nick will continue to improve and get better in the passing game. If you notice when KT was in the game, we moved the ball really well. UGA still had their first stringers in against KT as they didn?t want to give up the TD. Mullen hadn?t changed his playcalling. KT was making the right reads. In order to have a chance on Saturday, we needed Fitz to give us his A game. Instead, he gave us his D game. That won?t win many road games if any. We need Fitz to give us his A game this weekend to have a chance at Auburn. I think he will bring it this weekend. I just thought he put too much pressure on himself and made the Georgia game too big.
Key has the advantage of coming from a similar offense instead of from a wishbone/Georgia Tech offense. I think he's going to be really good when his time comes.