Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "We're A Young Football Team"

Banned
    vCash

"We're A Young Football Team"

Bruh it is year 9 and you have been redshirting dudes for 8 straight years. You have 100% control over wether you want to be a young football team or not at this point. Don't ever say that shit again Dan Mullen. That is never an excuse you can ever use again. How about "I have a gaping va6ina and it takes over my play calling abilities during big games". That is what you should say cause that is the cold hard truth. You lose us the football games vs the big boys. Not your team. When you Dan Mullen can accept that reality than MSU can start winning these games. Can't happen won't happen till you face your own demons Mullen. You go ultra conservative in big games and it's why you lose them every time. Good news though is you're close if you can just overcome your tendency to pucker up and choke with your play calling. Georgia was really fired up to play us. That crowd and all the shit talking they were doing all last week you woulda thought they were playing Alabama. That's how excited UGA fans were to play MSU on ESPN under the lights. That is amazing that Dan has accomplished that. Now to only learn to not let your gaper take over your brain during these games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Bruh it is year 9 and you have been redshirting dudes for 8 straight years. You have 100% control over wether you want to be a young football team or not at this point. Don't ever say that shit again Dan Mullen. That is never an excuse you can ever use again. How about "I have a gaping va6ina and it takes over my play calling abilities during big games". That is what you should say cause that is the cold hard truth. You lose us the football games vs the big boys. Not your team. When you Dan Mullen can accept that reality than MSU can start winning these games. Can't happen won't happen till you face your own demons Mullen. You go ultra conservative in big games and it's why you lose them every time. Good news though is you're close if you can just overcome your tendency to pucker up and choke with your play calling. Georgia was really fired up to play us. That crowd and all the shit talking they were doing all last week you woulda thought they were playing Alabama. That's how excited UGA fans were to play MSU on ESPN under the lights. That is amazing that Dan has accomplished that. Now to only learn to not let your gaper take over your brain during these games.
    Speaking the truth. Great post.

vCash
    Great post. All of this.

Instead of young team, he should've said "we are a short team. We have midget WRs that can't make plays."

That would've been way more accurate

vCash
    We have 8 more regular season games this year... he has to help this team put this slaughter behind them. By using the "we're young" excuse, hopefully he can get guys to work harder. Would it be better for our team's remaining year to say we suck or we aren't very talented? I have no idea why fanbases listen to coach speak and get mad about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Great post. All of this.

Instead of young team, he should've said "we are a short team. We have midget WRs that can't make plays."

That would've been way more accurate
    Jeez... those midgets caught TDs vs DBs last week that were ranked extremely high in recruiting.

You guys melting so EXTREMELY hard is your own fault. You guys got carried away and thought we were gonna waltz into Athens and dominate when we've never played well there

vCash
    Spot on, 61. I'd rather lose 60-3 while actually trying to win the game by being aggressive on Offense, than to lose 31-3 and feel like we didn't even try. That shit was embarrassing last night, and if Mullen has any pride he will make some damn changes in how he approaches and coaches these type of games.

And I keep seeing the "midget WR" excuse from some in this thread. That's true to an extent, but you've got a 6'5 300 lb TE that even down 30 points we didn't try to throw a jump ball to. So based on what I've seen, we could have Julio & AJ out there but if Dan doesn't learn to use it it doesn't matter. 61 said it best, Dan clams up and loses all ability to coach in big games. That was some scared, sissy, play calling....and Kirby showed what men do against a sissy on the football field. Piss poor, Dan. Adjust dammit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jeez... those midgets caught TDs vs DBs last week that were ranked extremely high in recruiting.

You guys melting so EXTREMELY hard is your own fault. You guys got carried away and thought we were gonna waltz into Athens and dominate when we've never played well there
    They caught TDs in a game where we established the run. Completely different deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Exactly.

vCash
    He's said it the last 2 years too ... when we were loaded with Srs and Jrs. This year he's actually correct, but we have also just played 2 other young football teams too. At least Ga is on offense.

Dan doesn't handle being the favorite well. Good new is it's all Collin's & Sirmon's fault tho ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Spot on, 61. I'd rather lose 60-3 while actually trying to win the game by being aggressive on Offense, than to lose 31-3 and feel like we didn't even try. That shit was embarrassing last night, and if Mullen has any pride he will make some damn changes in how he approaches and coaches these type of games.

And I keep seeing the "midget WR" excuse from some in this thread. That's true to an extent, but you've got a 6'5 300 lb TE that even down 30 points we didn't try to throw a jump ball to. So based on what I've seen, we could have Julio & AJ out there but if Dan doesn't learn to use it it doesn't matter. 61 said it best, Dan clams up and loses all ability to coach in big games. That was some scared, sissy, play calling....and Kirby showed what men do against a sissy on the football field. Piss poor, Dan. Adjust dammit
    He cant and will not adjust. We have 8 years of history to back it up. Just remember these type of beat downs when the press gives us no respect. We have not earned it.

vCash
    Yes, we were young last year, we are young this year, and after 2018 we will be young again in 2019. Apparently we only aren't young about 1 out of every 5 years.

vCash
    Are we young?

Offense:

QB- 4th year player
    TB- 4th year player
    WR- 5th year player
    WR- 3rd year player
    TE- 4th year player
    LT- 5th year player
    C- 4th year player
    LG- 3rd year
    RG- 4th year player

Secondary? 5th year player, 4th year player, 4th year player, 3rd year player
    ILB's? 5th year player and 3rd year player
    OLB's? 4th year player and a 3rd year player
    DL??? only plenty of experience there also

We are not young at all. It's a complete lie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    Are we young?

Offense:

QB- 4th year player
    TB- 4th year player
    WR- 5th year player
    WR- 3rd year player
    TE- 4th year player
    LT- 5th year player
    C- 4th year player
    LG- 3rd year
    RG- 4th year player

Secondary? 5th year player, 4th year player, 4th year player, 3rd year player
    ILB's? 5th year player and 3rd year player
    OLB's? 4th year player and a 3rd year player
    DL??? only plenty of experience there also

We are not young at all. It's a complete lie
    I think he meant to say exposed instead of young. We are not a good football team if you shut down our run game. Fitz isn't a good passer, and may never become one. But we need to figure a way to not be one dimentional.

vCash
    No doubt Dan has a habit of shitting the bed in big games. Georgia knew exactly where the ball was going on just about every offensive play in the first half. You can see all their guys moving to it just before the ball is snapped. Georgia knew we would be looking to stop the run and popped us right out of the gate. We were out coached big time in that game.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    When you think about it, all our JUCO guys in terms of SEC football are young players.

OL: Resse is young other than him its no excuse
    QB: No excuse
    RB: No excuse except Kylin Hill
    WR: Jesse Jackson, Reggie Todd, Jordan Thomas, all pretty young players in terms of SEC snaps
    TE: No excuse
    DL: Fletcher Adams (he has been great), Braxton Hoyett, Montez Sweat (has been great), Grant Harris, several others all young in terms of SEC snaps.
    ILB: Dez Harris (injuries), Erroll Thompson, Willie Gay all young in terms of SEC snaps
    OLB: No excuse
    CB: No excuse
    S: Abrams is young but has been good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

I like this post, it just shows we've got to figure a way to get Todd, Mitchell, Thomas or maybe even Couch involved in our passing game. They've got to have the ability to get one or two good routes down and catch a ball. If not, get rid of the ones that can't. Wish we had Guidry and Heath right now!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    I like this post, it just shows we've got to figure a way to get Todd, Mitchell, Thomas or maybe even Couch involved in our passing game. They've got to have the ability to get one or two good routes down and catch a ball. If not, get rid of the ones that can't. Wish we had Guidry and Heath right now!
    Couch had to have done something to get in the doghouse. He played more last year than he has this year. Do agree, we have big bodies, need them to play big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Couch had to have done something to get in the doghouse. He played more last year than he has this year. Do agree, we have big bodies, need them to play big.
    It's probably something coach speak vague like he doesn't watch enough film or something like that. I thought our best scoring chance was when Todd was running the crossing route in the end zone and it actually drew a flag for PI initially until the officials decided to wave it off. And Jordan Thomas was wide open in the end zone and we checked it down to someone else. That's another ball of wax.

vCash
    Good post. I don't always agree with you- but I do this time.

vCash
    When interviewed at the half about the flea flicker pass for the TD on the first play, Mullen said we have young players and that was the reason we got lost in coverage.