Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I would change

vCash

Things I would change

1. We need to play Kylin Hill more. We need to use some two back sets with Aeris and him and let them be a two running back tandem.

2. We need to throw the ball to Jordan Thomas more.

3. We might be better off moving Jenkins back to guard and starting Moon at center and then letting Daryl Williams play the other guard spot. Not 100% sure on that, but I definitely would look at it.

4. Peters should start at CB over Cleveland. I realize that Cleveland is a leader- but Peters makes plays on the field.

5. Willie Gay needs to play more as well. Not saying he should start but he needs to be getting more reps.

That's probably the best we can do with what we have to work with right now.

vCash
    1) I think and have thought Nick Gibson is our best rusher. Maybe he doesn't pass block tho. Don't know.

2) Agree with this.

3) Not sure.

4) Don't know why anyone has ever thought Cleveland is an SEC corner. He ain't. He just isn't good at all IMO and never has been.

5) Probably so.

vCash
    Hill is slowly playing more and more.

I actually trust Mullen with Gibson. On Dawgs Talk last week, you could almost hear the frustration in Mullen's voice when talking about Gibson. He mentioned, " could get someone seriously hurt"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    1. We need to play Kylin Hill more. We need to use some two back sets with Aeris and him and let them be a two running back tandem.

3. We might be better off moving Jenkins back to guard and starting Moon at center and then letting Daryl Williams play the other guard spot. Not 100% sure on that, but I definitely would look at it.

4. Peters should start at CB over Cleveland. I realize that Cleveland is a leader- but Peters makes plays on the field.

5. Willie Gay needs to play more as well. Not saying he should start but he needs to be getting more reps.

Oh more of the Peters love. He's our 5th corner we out on the field. That should tell you something. I wish he was a star, but he's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Oh more of the Peters love. He's our 5th corner we out on the field. That should tell you something. I wish he was a star, but he's not.
    Yeah. He makes plays when he actually does. Sorry he stole your girlfriend or whatever.

That was better than anything Cleveland has done in his entire career. Last night he made some nice tackles in the field as well.

vCash
    Hill brings a gear that the others do not have. He brings elite speed with physicality. We didn't block worth a shit last night, but Williams didn't look the part. He looked like a backup. He looked slow and lethargic. Agree with Thomas. He has to be more involved in the passing game. We took a Mike Tyson uppercut on the first play from Georgia and had rubber legs the rest of the night. It shook us mentally. I'm hoping for a more cohesive offensive performance against Auburn. Fitzgerald has to be asked to run more. We ran power with Fitz on the first play vs LSU and we had two blockers ahead of him sledgehammering defenders. That set the tone. We threw a slow flare to Williams to the right last night that got blown up. That set the tone. We sucked on first down last night.
    Last edited by Jacksondevildog; 09-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Hill brings a gear that the others do not have. He bring elite speed with physicality. We didn't block worth a shit last night, but Williams didn't look the part. He looked like a backup. He looked slow and lethargic. Agree with Thomas. He has to be more involved in the passing game. We took a Mike Tyson uppercut on the first play from Georgia and had rubber legs the rest of the night. It shook us mentally. I'm hoping for a more cohesive offensive performance against Auburn. Fitzgerald has to be asked to run more. We ran power with Fitz on the first play vs LSU and we had two blockers ahead of him sledgehammering defenders. That set the tone. We threw a slow flare to Williams to the right last night that got blown up. That set the tone. We sucked on first down last night.
    I think Hill is a special player or is going to be. You're absolutely 100% right- I haven't seen that kind of attitude from a MSU RB since AD or maybe Ballard. And I'm fine with Aeris playing a lot- in general he is productive. I think over the course of their careers Hill will ultimately prove to be better.

vCash
    Yeah. He makes plays when he actually does. Sorry he stole your girlfriend or whatever.

That was better than anything Cleveland has done in his entire career. Last night he made some nice tackles in the field as well.
    You show the one play he's made in 2.5 years. Congrats. As I said, there's a reason we keep sending him out there 5th in the rotation. A good reason. And to add, of the guys we play in front of him one is a fr and one is a soph. Which totally blow holes in your we only the older guys. Try again.

vCash
    1. Fire Hevesy
    2. Fire Gonzales
    3. Hire coaches to replace them that can recruit and coach on SEC Level.

vCash
    You show the one play he's made in 2.5 years. Congrats. As I said, there's a reason we keep sending him out there 5th in the rotation. A good reason. And to add, of the guys we play in front of him one is a fr and one is a soph. Which totally blow holes in your we only the older guys. Try again.
    Durr and Cleveland are seniors. Dantzler is very good and he should start as well. Peters plays more than Rayford. You don't know what you are talking about.

Show me Cleveland and Durr's highlight video.

Edit to add- Peters has as many INT's and fumble recoveries as Durr and Cleveland COMBINED. In less playing time. That blows holes in your biased one play in 2.5 years comment.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 09-24-2017 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    Wanna know why Peters can't ever seem to start? He can't grasp a playbook. There's a reason Lanquist begged Buckley to take because he couldn't grasp what safeties are doing. Cleveland plays because he's one of the better perimeter tacklers on the team. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Wanna know why Peters can't ever seem to start? He can't grasp a playbook. There's a reason Lanquist begged Buckley to take because he couldn't grasp what safeties are doing. Cleveland plays because he's one of the better perimeter tacklers on the team. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.
    And the fact that Georgia attacked Cleveland all night says you know even less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    He should be good at it. He's had a lot of in game practice having to tackle WRs because of how many completions he gives up.

Archimedes
    vCash
    And the fact that Georgia attacked Cleveland all night says you know even less.
    Actually Georgia was targeting the safety most of the time. Only big play I remember on Clevelands side was the first one and he was suppose to have safety help Deep middle.

vCash
    Not only can Cleveland not cover any SEC receiver on any team anywhere ... he's a very average at best tackler.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Todd4State;809072]Durr and Cleveland are seniors. Dantzler is very good and he should start as well. Peters plays more than Rayford. You don't know what you are talking about.

I said 2 of the ones who play more that hit the field before him, dantzler and rayford, are below him in class. I know what I'm talking about. But thanks. Again, there's a reason Cleveland plays before him. Our entire defensive staff thinks he's better. Just a fact. But I can't tell you shit anyway. Don't know why I try. You know ****ing everything. Literally. You dads brother or who the **** ever played for the baseball cardinals and it makes you an expert on everything, in every sport. Amazing..... In your mind anyway. Congrats.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Homedawg;809107]
    Durr and Cleveland are seniors. Dantzler is very good and he should start as well. Peters plays more than Rayford. You don't know what you are talking about.

I said 2 of the ones who play more that hit the field before him, dantzler and rayford, are below him in class. I know what I'm talking about. But thanks. Again, there's a reason Cleveland plays before him. Our entire defensive staff thinks he's better. Just a fact. But I can't tell you shit anyway. Don't know why I try. You know ****ing everything. Literally. You dads brother or who the **** ever played for the baseball cardinals and it makes you an expert on everything, in every sport. Amazing..... In your mind anyway. Congrats.
    Kiss my ass. You act like you know more than anyone else on here- so you trying to call me or anyone else out on that is rich. And then when someone backs up what they say you come back with some vague bullshit- "I really know what I'm talking about"- that doesn't prove your point at all or the person wrong.

Oh- by the way Peters and Dantzler have more tackles this year than the guys that you and the coaches think are better.

Thanks for backing up your point with stats and video though. Good discussion as usual.**

vCash

1) Agree along with Gibson. Williams is sloooww and picks holes the same with little burst.

2) Absolutely, a TE is a Qb' s best friend especially in the middle of the field and 3rd down
    3) Meh
    4) Agreed, he's a glaring weakness on the defense
    5) Meh, LB doesn't seem to be a problem right now. He played a decent amount of snaps last night.

6) I'll add one. Spencer should start over Sweat. He's making plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    1. Fire Hevesy
    2. Fire Gonzales
    3. Hire coaches to replace them that can recruit and coach on SEC Level.
    Ditto but I'll give Gonzo a pass if he signs Guidry, Heath and Whop.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Todd4State;809118]

Kiss my ass. You act like you know more than anyone else on here- so you trying to call me or anyone else out on that is rich. And then when someone backs up what they say you come back with some vague bullshit- "I really know what I'm talking about"- that doesn't prove your point at all or the person wrong.

Oh- by the way Peters and Dantzler have more tackles this year than the guys that you and the coaches think are better.

Thanks for backing up your point with stats and video though. Good discussion as usual.**
    Kiss my ass? Welll that's educational. Thanks for caring. But when you give band lessons I'll be glad to give you credit for knowing how to play an instrument better and marching, assuming you marched!
    ETA, I don't know more that everyone on here. However, I damn sure don't claim to know more than the head coach and the staff. Which you continue to do, in pretty much every sport. But when your sporting experience is from the grandstands, stands to reason. I guess. But, I will say I know more than you. Which ain't saying much.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-24-2017 at 05:39 PM.