Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
There, I believe I fify. I'm sorry, but at least two of those three passes to Gray would've been caught by Ross. And every pass we threw to someone last night other than check downs were blanketed, and we kept running the ball behind our block missing o-line. No misdirection, maybe one sweep and I think it was Hill on one play trying to run behind the o-lineman. Defender slipped the block and made the tackle.

We've got to figure a way to get Jenkins out from under center, we need him at guard or I'd take him at the other tackle. Our passing game will not improve in big games until we get some receivers. Taller, faster, bigger and can shake someone for a second or two. Oh and catch the ball.

Every big game we play looks exactly the same. Second half against Bama in 2014 is the exception. Dak just fell short of bringing us back to a win, but the first half was just like every other time we play an elite team.

So UGA has 59 4&5 stars while we have 15. I hate that excuse. While true, who's fault is it and who's using it as an excuse?

I think we're heading in the right direction as a program, just wish we were there now and I wish we wouldn't play UGA and BAMA scared. Just like someone said every time we played a great defense, Jackie threw it deep to Prentiss on our first play to soften up the D a little. I think they connected a couple times too. We have the QB to do it, and if Gray can get open he can catch it. Even if overthrown it sends the same message.

That pass to Gray on the sidelines where the defender just played pitter-patter with him till he knocked the ball away just pissed me off. A good pass, the defender played it well, but a bigger receiver would've had a body to shield the defender enough to catch it. We're gonna have to try to get it to one of our young guys more than once a game.

Just my .02....
As far as the 59 4-5 star guys- how many did LSU have? Maybe not 59 but I bet they had more than us.

Bill Walsh is the poster boy for the horizontal short pass routes and even he would say you need to throw it deep at least 5-6 times a game so that the other team won't squat on you. Dan isn't even trying.