Thread: I think this team is alot like our 1997 team (7-4) beat down @ Athens

vCash

I think this team is alot like our 1997 team (7-4) beat down @ Athens

but still had a good year.

We were set up for a good run (for MSU) the next few years.

We got to recruit better at WR (that ships coming next year)

We got to recruit better and coach better at OL....(we know..)

Our lack of exp showed up on the DL and LB

vCash
    I think we have a great opportunity to grab a receiver or two from TSUN when the sanctions drop. Regardless of what people say I would take AJ in a heartbeat. We saw how bad we need that talent. Was reading on the board recently that DD is a possibility.

vCash

I'll take Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I think we have a great opportunity to grab a receiver or two from TSUN when the sanctions drop. Regardless of what people say I would take AJ in a heartbeat. We saw how bad we need that talent. Was reading on the board recently that DD is a possibility.
    not sure about Brown, I feel he'll prolly end up in minor leagues.

vCash
    Yup. I've been saying this, but people would rather see what happened last night because they are emotional about it.

Gotta land Whop in recruiting as well.

We are severely limited on offense right due to midget WRs. This game through me off because the LSU game through me off. Georgia did to us what I thought LSU would do to us.

Auburn will be tough as well. Their DL can stop us and force us to win with 5'9" WRs

vCash
    We do not want nor need AJ in our locker room nor on our team. Dan recruited this kid as much as the NCAA rules would allow. His dad sold his soul to om. Let him stay there. We don't need his 'talent' anywhere near MSU. He would still have his hand out wanting us to be his BAGMAN. No thanks to him nor the dad for sure. Rumors have it. A close family member had already been back to MSU trying to get this one a spot.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 09-24-2017 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    '97 had 2 really tough losses to close out the year. I hope we don't have that in common. They did beat auburn and bama

vCash
    Sadly I was at that game too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    We do not want nor need AJ in our locker room nor on our team. Dan recruited this kid as much as the NCAA rules would allow. His dad sold his soul to om. Let him stay there. We don't need his 'talent' anywhere near MSU. He would still have his hand out wanting us to be his BAGMAN. No thanks to him nor the dad for sure. Rumors have it. A close family member had already been back to MSU trying to get this one a spot.
    Can you blame the kid for taking money that was being handed out to him? If we were to play the moral police fairly then by your logic we don't want a few of our players like Simmons with the domestic issues for example and I could name others. How about cam Newton did we not want him because he decided to take a pay out at Auburn? AJ Brown is freakishly talented and just because he took money doesn't mean he would be a cancer to our locker room. We need players like him to build a foundation here for other receivers to want to come follow like the foundation we've built at QB. I just think too many people are caught up in their emotions about this and need to look at the team and it's needs objectively. That is all.

Banned
    vCash
    If that means we bust Auburn in the face with a total shocker on the Plains like we did that year......COUNT ME IN

vCash

AJ - No...... THe talent, Yes but the attitude and baggage, No. I had mentioned on another thread that maybe DD Bowie and Benito Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    Sadly I was at that game too...
    I was in Georgia and listened to it on the radio, with the Georgia announcer. Not good.

Just looked back at the Wikipedia entry for MSU football records, and in the mid and late 90s our home attendance average seemed to be around 30,000. Now it's about 60,000 ... a 100% increase. Not too many teams can say they doubled their home attendance in 20 years. Of course, it helps when you start low, but it's still impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    You'd be a fool not to take AJ Brown. He's one of the best receivers in the league. I'd take him in a heartbeat. It's also foolish to think that he'd be the only "prima donna" we would have on our team. You don't think guys like Simmons and Lewis don't have attitude? C'mon man. I'd take AJ just to drive a dagger into OM hearts. If he had interest to come to state, I'd offer him a steak on a silver platter and say welcome. Especially after seeing the debacle we have right now that's called a receiver corps. Man...these good strikes on bringing in some good QBs will end quickly if we don't get some guys in here that can catch well.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    You'd be a fool not to take AJ Brown. He's one of the best receivers in the league. I'd take him in a heartbeat. It's also foolish to think that he'd be the only "prima donna" we would have on our team. You don't think guys like Simmons and Lewis don't have attitude? C'mon man. I'd take AJ just to drive a dagger into OM hearts. If he had interest to come to state, I'd offer him a steak on a silver platter and say welcome. Especially after seeing the debacle we have right now that's called a receiver corps. Man...these good strikes on bringing in some good QBs will end quickly if we don't get some guys in here that can catch well.
    It's easy to say we don't want someone when it's pretty much fantasy at this point. Let it become a real situation and there will be flip flopping than this board's opinion of our football team from last week to today