Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

vCash

Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

Until proven otherwise, Dan Mullen is Nick Saban/Kirby Smart's biaaatch. They own him. Dan can move the ball against everyone else, but put Saban or Smart on the other sideline & he loses all game planning ability.

- We ran into an ambush tonight against a more talented team that played as well as they could. I think we were confident coming, but the sucker punch flea flicker on the first play put us on our heals the rest of the game. I don't think we would've won by any means, but had the sucker punch not taken place, I think it goes into the 4th quarter as a competitive game.

- I'm really confused about our DL tonight. UGA has the smallest OL in the conference & according to pretty much everyone that follows UGA, is the weakness of the team. This unit certainly didn't show up tonight like they had to for us to win. Again, not sure what happened.

- Tolando Cleveland - Dude, your a SR. Act like it. You were the single biggest weakness on our defense tonight. You looked unprepared & outclassed. You've got to step up. Poor effort from you.

- Our lack of offense tonight is an absolute product of poor OL & WR recruiting. Our midget WRs got manhandled by physical corners. There were numerous balls pried away by Georgia DBSs due to lack of size & physicality at WR. Throw in a QB that doesn't have the greatest accuracy & we've got problems if our passing game can't be set up by running the ball.

- Logan Cook - your worst game tonight. Your lack of quality punts, really hurt us early in the game.

- Fitz - I thought you were tough tonight. It wasn't a good game for you, but you weren't the problem. At this point, I've accepted you for what you are. A damn good football player that is tough, can run, & competes, but you aren't an NFL passer. Not yet at least & when our offense requires you to be that, it's the team's fault, not yours.

Going forward, next week is going to be tough. Auburn found their legs tonight & they've got the DL to force us into a passing team because we can't run for 5-6 yards on 1st down. We'll really find out what we are made of next weekend from a leadership standpoint. Do we sulk or do we get back to work & play better next weekend?

UGA played lights out tonight. Some times when you play a top 5 recruiter, they don't play great, you sucker punch them early like they did us tonight, & you play the game on your terms. That didn't happen tonight. UGA was ready to go & played their best game in 2 years tonight. We'll lose that battle most every time.

I know everyone is disappointed, but we really do have a quality team. It's just limited offensively when other teams can keep us from running. From what I've seen, we will can & should beat, KY, OM, A&M, Ark, BYU, etc. We have a great chance to win 8....maybe 9 games.

Gotta put this one behind us & move on. Lots to play for & got to be ready for Auburn next weekend.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-23-2017 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    UGA did play lights out tonight! Still a long way to go this year!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    I agree. I think the flea flicker was an absolutely key play in the game. That and the two INT's which I believe were converted into scores. That's 21 of their 31 points tonight. Eliminate those three plays and we're right there with them.

vCash
    We are run the ball or die on offense. Auburn is run the ball or die on O. Its at auburn. Will be tough but we can do it. Fitz is better than Stidham or whoever the hell is playing for them now. Mullen is better than Malzahn. We are better on offense than Auburn. They are pretty good up front on D. We're pretty good up front on D. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. I think the flea flicker was an absolutely key play in the game. That and the two INT's which I believe were converted into scores. That's 21 of their 31 points tonight. Eliminate those three plays and we're right there with them.
    I disagree about the 2 INTs.

We were beat at that point. Again top level competition, we can't get into a passing contest & that's what happened. Nick forced a few balls because he had too. Nothing more. I don't think those played a big part in the outcome

vCash
    You're ripping Logan Cooke? WTF? Dude punted 7 times, had one go 67 yards, 5 go 40+ and 4 killed inside the 20. He was our best damn player. Could have been much worse if he hadn't forced them to drive a long field. We had many issues tonight, but Cooke wasn't one. Stop being an emotional puss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We're pretty good up front on D. We'll see what happens.
    This is my biggest question about tonight.

We weren't good up front tonight. We got pushed around by an OL that wasn't supposed to be very good.

We got no pass rush & gave up chunk runs.

The DL's lack effectiveness in this game is baffling to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You're ripping Logan Cooke? WTF? Dude punted 7 times, had one go 67 yards, 5 go 40+ and 4 killed inside the 20. He was our best damn player. Could have been much worse if he hadn't forced them to drive a long field. We had many issues tonight, but Cooke wasn't one. Stop being an emotional puss.
    I disagree. He finished strong, but really cost us early in the game with poor punts. I thought he had his worst game tonight when the game was still in doubt

vCash
    Well one thing I noticed was the def scheme between this and last week. Against LSU the Linebackers were killing it on all phases of the game being aggressive and going after the QB. . This week they just seemed to sit back and wait for things to happen instead of making things happen. And yeah tackling sucked.

vCash
    I'd feel better about you if you hadn't included the word "thoughts" in that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I'd feel better about you if you hadn't included the word "thoughts" in that.
    Can someone ban this ass hole?

What is your problem?

vCash
    I don’t know that Mullen has ever fielded a come from behind team while at State. I can only think of maybe one or two instances where we edged out a win after being down 2+ touchdowns.

I don’t know WHY this is I just know it IS. If you notice when we score first we typically win those games. Seems like an obvious statement but a great strategy to attack Mullen was used tonight. Use trickery and jump to an early lead. It’ll get him every time it appears.

I’m not hating on him for it it is simply something I’ve noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well one thing I noticed was the def scheme between this and last week. Against LSU the Linebackers were killing it on all phases of the game being aggressive and going after the QB. . This week they just seemed to sit back and wait for things to happen instead of making things happen. And yeah tackling sucked.
    That tends to happen when your sucker punched early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Can someone ban this ass hole?

What is your problem?
    I don't think like you. If that's a banning offense then so be it. Notice I'm not calling for banning you. I relish debate with opposing viewpoints. Perhaps you don't.

vCash
    That tends to happen when your sucker punched early
    Yep. The whole start was terrible... offense 3 and out and bad punt. Georgia doesn't run a flea flicker if we have them inside their own 30

vCash
    Shotgun, we lost tonight bc we lost on the edges like we always do vs Saban. Fitz refused to pull & challenge the edges enough, Cleveland & durr were identified presnap and attacked every time like they do in the NFL. Our ol & DL we're fine. Our RBs were fine. Fitz's accuracy was fine. Like 2014 & forward vs Saban, he dupes us into abandoning the qb run to the edges then they drop 7 into passing situations after we think we can win the edges. There was a play in the 3Q where 3rd and 2, Chubb got 3 after durr refused to help on the tackle. Durr & Cleveland are liabilities and shouldn't play any more. I wish someone could post that video play by durr, zero effort.

People complain about hevesy, but I'd replace Gonzales first. Our WRs are fine, but they don't even try to make fakes in their routes. Banana routes too often. That's on Gonzales.

We can still win a bunch this year.

vCash
    I don't think like you. If that's a banning offense then so be it. Notice I'm not calling for banning you. I relish debate with opposing viewpoints. Perhaps you don't.
    But you aren't debating with counter points. Your being an asshole and immature

I'm all for opposing view points, but your post here and many others aren't that.

Why would I be banned? Do I purposefully attack your posts with none sense just to chastise you?

No of course not.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-23-2017 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    But you aren't debating with counter points. Your being an asshole and immature

I'm all for opposing view points, but your post here and many others aren't that.
    I basically don't like your doom and gloom tone. We got beat by a better team. You can dissect it and point out our team's and individual player's and coaches' failings from now to doomsday, that's your right. I prefer to move on. I've seen too many beatdowns like that both at MSU and my other program. We got our asses handed to us, you look at the film, and you move the heck on. If you dwell on the negatives from this then you set the tone, a negative one, for the season. Learn from it and move on, and if you do that in a blaming manor, you are doomed.

vCash
    I basically don't like your doom and gloom tone. We got beat by a better team. You can dissect it and point out our team's and individual player's and coaches' failings from now to doomsday, that's your right. I prefer to move on. I've seen too many beatdowns like that both at MSU and my other program. We got our asses handed to us, you look at the film, and you move the heck on. If you dwell on the negatives from this then you set the tone, a negative one, for the season. Learn from it and move on, and if you do that in a blaming manor, you are doomed.
    I'm one of the larger sunshine pumpers on the board. Might want to move on to other people if you dislike doom and gloom

vCash
    I'm one of the larger sunshine pumpers on the board. Might want to move on to other people if you dislike doom and gloom
    The real solution we all know. It ain't coaching, Mullen is a good coach. The real answer is better recruiting. There are two paths you can take there. One is the one Ole Miss chose. That is the quick one but it carries obvious risks, as they are about to discover. The other one is he one we are on. Slow, consistant success with the natural ups and downs but with a geneRal upward trajectory. It's frustrating at times, but it's the right one for us, we are horrible cheaters, and always have been. Patience grasshopper.