Thread: Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

Until proven otherwise, Dan Mullen is Nick Saban/Kirby Smart's biaaatch. They own him. Dan can move the ball against everyone else, but put Saban or Smart on the other sideline & he loses all game planning ability.

- We ran into an ambush tonight against a more talented team that played as well as they could. I think we were confident coming, but the sucker punch flea flicker on the first play put us on our heals the rest of the game. I don't think we would've won by any means, but had the sucker punch not taken place, I think it goes into the 4th quarter as a competitive game.

- I'm really confused about our DL tonight. UGA has the smallest OL in the conference & according to pretty much everyone that follows UGA, is the weakness of the team. This unit certainly didn't show up tonight like they had to for us to win. Again, not sure what happened.

- Tolando Cleveland - Dude, your a SR. Act like it. You were the single biggest weakness on our defense tonight. You looked unprepared & outclassed. You've got to step up. Poor effort from you.

- Our lack of offense tonight is an absolute product of poor OL & WR recruiting. Our midget WRs got manhandled by physical corners. There were numerous balls pried away by Georgia DBSs due to lack of size & physicality at WR. Throw in a QB that doesn't have the greatest accuracy & we've got problems if our passing game can't be set up by running the ball.

- Logan Cook - your worst game tonight. Your lack of quality punts, really hurt us early in the game.

- Fitz - I thought you were tough tonight. It wasn't a good game for you, but you weren't the problem. At this point, I've accepted you for what you are. A damn good football player that is tough, can run, & competes, but you aren't an NFL passer. Not yet at least & when our offense requires you to be that, it's the team's fault, not yours.

Going forward, next week is going to be tough. Auburn found their legs tonight & they've got the DL to force us into a passing team because we can't run for 5-6 yards on 1st down. We'll really find out what we are made of next weekend from a leadership standpoint. Do we sulk or do we get back to work & play better next weekend?

UGA played lights out tonight. Some times when you play a top 5 recruiter, they don't play great, you sucker punch them early like they did us tonight, & you play the game on your terms. That didn't happen tonight. UGA was ready to go & played their best game in 2 years tonight. We'll lose that battle most every time.

I know everyone is disappointed, but we really do have a quality team. It's just limited offensively when other teams can keep us from running. From what I've seen, we will can & should beat, KY, OM, A&M, Ark, BYU, etc. We have a great chance to win 8....maybe 9 games.

Gotta put this one behind us & move on. Lots to play for & got to be ready for Auburn next weekend.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-23-2017 at 09:50 PM.