Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
The real solution we all know. It ain't coaching, Mullen is a good coach. The real answer is better recruiting. There are two paths you can take there. One is the one Ole Miss chose. That is the quick one but it carries obvious risks, as they are about to discover. The other one is he one we are on. Slow, consistant success with the natural ups and downs but with a geneRal upward trajectory. It's frustrating at times, but it's the right one for us, we are horrible cheaters, and always have been. Patience grasshopper.
There's zero chance Dan would do what Ole Miss did. Hevesy working with a Network is a hilarious thought. That's not even an option.

What pisses me off is the fact that here we are in YEAR NINE and we have a bunch of midget WR's and had a class with one high school o-line recruit in it. That's not natural ups and downs. That's not having some college student in the football office fill out a depth chart for you. What pisses me off too is that I complained about it three-four years ago.

I think the "counting back" rule actually has hurt us in some ways because I think it caused Dan to think "Oh, OK we only signed one o-lineman but we can count those spots to the next class and we can get some then." The NCAA doing away with that rule I think may be a HUGE blessing for us because it's going to hold Dan and certain members of his staff even more accountable because it's either sign guys or waste a spot. It makes the 25 spots more valuable. It also takes away the sign and place guys which may or may not be a good thing too. I think it will allow us actually to "place" more guys because since we won't have the option to have them in our class "in case they make it" we won't have to worry about someone making it and taking a spot in the 25.