Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 issues I have with Mullen tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That's a truth. We did not stretch the field. We played it "safe"
    I'll agree. We're always tight when shits on the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    Disagree. Fitz got hammered plenty tonight. We had very few holes for the RBs. We stunk it up across the board tonight. O line is NO exception. We played tight and scared, just like we always do in a game with some importance.
    The OL will never account for what you think they should when you can not complete a down field pass and DON'T attempt many.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    One of the major pillars of our head coach's QB coaching is his insistence on QBs checking down.

The conundrum is that this is the correct way to develop QBs but it also heavily plays against you when you face teams that are more talented to you.

We can't beat elite teams without taking risks & we don't have the talent to "execute" consistently against them.

That's the one thing that Freeze did that allowed them to pull upsets. He took risks & chucked it.

Sure some times you lose to Memphis when you do that, but it gives you a chance to beat more talented teams.

Mullen is an outstanding coach & developer, but, as we saw tonight, when he is coaching against a sound, more talented defense, we can't score because the offensive structure is asking us to execute against more talented players.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-23-2017 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    The OL will never account for what you think they should when you can not complete a down field pass and DON'T attempt many.
    Fair enough

vCash
    Dan post game comments:

"I don't think we executed well in any of the three phases tonight," Mullen said.

No body "executes" against teams like Georgia. You have to be creative & take risks. If you are unwilling to do that, we we'll continue to score 3 points every time we face a Kirby Smart or Saban defense

vCash
    I knew when I saw the lead ref we were screwed. He hates MSU. PERIOD!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    One of the major pillars of our head coach's QB coaching is his insistence on QBs checking down.

The conundrum is that this is the correct way to develop QBs but it also heavily plays against you when you face teams that are more talented to you.

We can't beat elite teams without taking risks & we don't have the talent to "execute" consistently against them.

That's the one thing that Freeze did that allowed them to pull upsets. He took risks & chucked it.

Sure some times you lose to Memphis when you do that, but it gives you a chance to beat more talented teams.

Mullen is an outstanding coach & developer, but, as we saw tonight, when he is coaching against a sound, more talented defense, we can score because the offensive structure is asking us to execute against more talented players.
    Which goes back to the spread.

What happens when you can't complete a deep pass? Defense will load the box, crushing the run. More players in the box than blockers for the run.

The spread reverses that concept. You over load the defense with too many people to account for. That leaves you with 1 on 1s. Did we do that tonight? No. Why? We did not use Our TEs. I can not believe we did not see any seam passes to them.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Dan post game comments:

"I don't think we executed well in any of the three phases tonight," Mullen said.

No body "executes" against teams like Georgia. You have to be creative & take risks. If you are unwilling to do that, we we'll continue to score 3 points every time we face a Kirby Smart or Saban defense

I'm just calling it as I see it. No TE production in THIS offense equals no wins against elite talent.

Banned
    vCash
    I thought the passing play calls were bad tonight and I wasn't happy with the quick snap on 3rd and goal at the end of the first half resulting in us settling for 3. Didn't matter though UGA is just better. We'll see the same exact ass kicking vs Bama.

vCash
    I mean, when Mullen plays Smart or Saban, it's not like we can't score 20 or 30 points, or are held below our average. No, we can't get into the 17ing endzone at all.

We can't score when those two guys are coaching against us. It's wild. Mullen runs crazy against everyone else, but has never figured out Smart or Saban.

It's mind boggling.

vCash
    Bottom line Fitz isn't good enough as a real QB

vCash
    I'm just calling it as I see it. No TE production in THIS offense equals no wins against elite talent.
    How many running plays did we use? I saw Williams up the middle a lot like the Holloway up the middle bullshit last year. We didn’t mix up shit. We didn’t use all of our running plays. As good a game Mullen called last week, he did a terrible job this week. How many zone reads did we see Fitz keep it and get to the outside (zero even called). Our playcalling was vanilla and predictable. If we played LSU this week, we would have been curb stomped. We aren’t as bad as we showed tonight and we aren’t as good as we showed last week. It’s somewhere in the middle. I think we still can go 8-4 or 9-3. I don’t think UGA is as good as they showed tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Bottom line Fitz isn't good enough as a real QB
    Nope he's not. Hopefully he can get there.

BTW, Keytaon may be the complete package. He threw some really good balls at the end there.

vCash
    This game was lost the last 3 February's. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This game was lost the last 3 February's. Period.
    Was last week won the last 3 Februarys? When we win, we have great talent (i.e. Sec offensive and defensive players of the week). When we lose, it's like freeze is posting here... we need to recruit better.

I don't disagree we need better talent, but 90% of the board said we were gonna blast Georgia. Now we suck, again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Yep, the TE's not really being involved in the game plan was a head scratcher. But this game also highlighted our deficiencies at WR as not a single one of them could get separation from the DBs.
    This is right on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Was last week won the last 3 Februarys? When we win, we have great talent (i.e. Sec offensive and defensive players of the week). When we lose, it's like freeze is posting here... we need to recruit better.

I don't disagree we need better talent, but 90% of the board said we were gonna blast Georgia. Now we suck, again
    We didn’t have a good offensive gameplan and we went away from our strengths too quickly after UGA went up from the flea-flicker. That really set the tone for the game. After that, Fitz really started pressing and made shitty read after shitty read early. Just wasn’t our night. And as I stated even if the refs make all those holding calls we still would have lost 12 or 15-3. Hopefully Dan has a better gameplan for Auburn. If we can win that game, we can go 10-2 quite easily and go to a Citrus Bowl. Sometimes it just isn’t your night.

vCash
    Deer in headlights on a national stage.

But we could still win 2/3 on this brutal stretch.

vCash
    All great points. Mullen tightens up in big games. We never seem to play like we do in a good game. I think we wil be fine, I really do. It is just Dan is going to shit his pants when we have a chance to take the "next big step". It's like he cant stand prosperity. Why? I don't know. But that is his history, which if you study history, points out the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

We bought into our own hype. As you said earlier, somehwere, we aren't as good as last week or as bad as tonight.