Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 issues I have with Mullen tonight

vCash

2 issues I have with Mullen tonight

1- Go to bat early for your guys in the trenches. Several times he should have chewed out the refs for no calls and bad calls. From the first possession it was clear there would be no calls.

2- No show TEs. Seriously.... Why did we not use them in the passing game?
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    1- Go to bat early for your guys in the trenches. Several times he should have chewed out the refs for no calls and bad calls. From the first possession it was clear there would be no calls.

Yep, the TE's not really being involved in the game plan was a head scratcher. But this game also highlighted our deficiencies at WR as not a single one of them could get separation from the DBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Yep, the TE's not really being involved in the game plan was a head scratcher. But this game also highlighted our deficiencies at WR as not a single one of them could get separation from the DBs.
    Speed doesn't create separating route running does. Hell Witten is slow as molasses going up hill in January and he's still productive.

vCash
    What i dont get is why is Nick under center so much this year? You totally take away the threat of him running like that.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Yeah, It's what opens up a lot of our offense.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    What i dont get is why is Nick under center so much this year? You totally take away the threat of him running like that.
    I bet we do that less than 10% of the time. I might be wrong about that exact number but I bet I'm not too far off.

vCash
    I was just thinking back on the game at how many receivers they had running wide open vs how many I didn't see of ours ever getting wide open. It was really amazing. It's gonna be nice when we get some better receivers, although they did a lot of hanging on to ours throughout the game.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    If our OL was good enough to block, being under the center might work. They're not, so we shouldn't get under center.

vCash
    Yeah you maybe right, just not used to seeing it over the past years i guess. I noticed it last week, but tonight i noticed it first on a 3rd and 5 and thought you give no option for Nick to run.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash

We got shitty Mullen coaching tonight. But I agree, he should have been chewing on the refs all night. 77 was the biggest culprit of holding. They could have called him for holding on every play. 65 also held almost every play. Was extremely bad in which it wouldn’t have surprised me if Kirby and Chaney told those two specifically to hold on every play even when they got caught continue to hold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    If our OL was good enough to block, being under the center might work. They're not, so we shouldn't get under center.
    OL wasn't the problem tonight. They did well.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    We were so vanilla on both sides of the ball. We didn't motion much on O and it seemed like we didn't blitz the entire game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    We were so vanilla on both sides of the ball. We didn't motion much on O and it seemed like we didn't blitz the entire game.
    on offense for sure!

vCash
    OL wasn't the problem tonight. They did well.
    Huh?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Also 18 on defense for UGA had a good game, but was awfully handsy and got away with a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Also 18 on defense for UGA had a good game, but was awfully handsy and got away with a lot.
    Got away with a lot is an understatement. The only play he didn’t interfere or hold on was the interception. I counted four PIs and one hold. Those calls are called if we are in Starkville. Homefield advantage especially this year has led to some blowouts.

vCash
    Story of the game: our 1stnoffendove play was a negative yardage pass play. Get nick a completion settle in.
    Their first offensive play? A bomb that gets em 6. Our sack draws up in big games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Huh?
    The OL Played WELL tonight. This board has an obsession with Hevs.. everything has to be their fault.

They protected Fitz well enough. But when 95% of your passing plays are within 6 yards, you have a defense that will creep.

Nothing wrong with their play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    Story of the game: our 1stnoffendove play was a negative yardage pass play. Get nick a completion settle in.
    Their first offensive play? A bomb that gets em 6. Our sack draws up in big games.
    That's a truth. We did not stretch the field. We played it "safe"

vCash
    The OL Played WELL tonight. This board has an obsession with Hevs.. everything has to be their fault.

They protected Fitz well enough. But when 95% of your passing plays are within 6 yards, you have a defense that will creep.

Nothing wrong with their play.
    Disagree. Fitz got hammered plenty tonight. We had very few holes for the RBs. We stunk it up across the board tonight. O line is NO exception. We played tight and scared, just like we always do in a game with some importance.