Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Official EliteDawgs Game Thread: State vs JAWGA sponsored by UglyBulldogBreeders.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yeah I know. That's why the stat is dumb. No stat based on "what the team was ranked at the time" ever matters in any context whatsoever. We really were a top 25 team in 2014, regardless of whether the lazy voters had figured it out yet or not. Opposite is true for 2011.
    I see you point, but when you come in ranked, the other team tends to step up. Just like UGA tonight.

vCash
    Kentucky 27 - Fl 14. Seat heating up for McElwain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Smart just pointed across the field to
    Mullen and said "f@&k you" after they stopped us from scoring. Never saw Dan come out to shake his hand.
    If this happened I'm glad it did.

vCash
    I saved $500 by not driving to Athens this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Dan Mullen is why we lost tonight.
    I don't think so. They were just better than us, and we got off to a bad start with that first play. And Georgia never sat back on their heels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes, we have established that

It doesn't change the fact that the momentum & our confidence in this matchup completely changed when we got sucker punched.

We likely still lose, I get that, but I am curious what the game would've been like if we had not given that up
    When you get beat like that one play makes no freaking difference dude. Had it been a one or two score game then yeah.

vCash
    The "drive back to Tupelo", stolen from and still missing Jack. Hail State!

vCash
    Yeah, if that's what happened, so am I. That would be totally classless on Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Dumb contrived stat. Doesn't give us credit for beating LSU in 2014, LSU this year, etc. Does punish us for losing to LSU in 2011 despite not being anywhere near a top 25 team.
    Yes and no. When it's nut cuttin time, we shit the bed. Pretty much EVERYTIME.

vCash
    Dan Mullen is why we lost tonight.
    Dan Mullen's recruiting is why we lost tonight.

It's ridiculous to have small WR's like that at this stage of his tenure here. That's piss poor depth chart management. And unexcusable when message board posters see it coming years out but our coach doesn't. At least it's getting fixed- but it still sucks in the meantime.

That limits our passing attack and places stress on the rest of our offense. Two INT's- I believe both led Georgia TD's. Because we could not get the ball to our smurfs.

vCash
    Mullen and said "f@&k you" after they stopped us from scoring. Never saw Dan come out to shake his hand.
    Video or it didnt happen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Uga won't lose a game til sec Championship game.
    (even if they lose @AU) they gonna get to be the sacrificial lamb, aGain....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Classy guy. Smart isn’t a good head coach though. They won’t get those calls next week and TN will get penetration on their OL. I bet TN gets sacks next week as well on that QB. They couldn’t make holes without holding. They aren’t Alabama and Alabama doesn’t have to hold every play. Alabama will stomp UGA. I also predict Eason transfers after this year. It’s easy to run and pass when you get to do what UGA did to our OL. Sometimes on some of those TD plays there were as many as three holds going on. It was bad. I have never seen that much holding in my life not called. Just bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    They are dominant in the trenches. We are pretty good. They are really damn good. They have more game changers than we do and theirs are showing out, especially on defense.

We are seeing what well coached upper echelon talent looks like. LSU was poorly coached upper echelon talent. UGA is not poorly coached.
    I said in my observations last week that this would be a very tough matchup for us because Georgia is the 2nd best team we will play this year against the run. If you can shut us down in the run game we are in trouble because Fitz is still a very raw passer and we are less talented at WR than most any position on the team. Our WRs literally could get no separation against the GA DBs. Auburn is very good against the run as well but not as good as GA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Kentucky 27 - Fl 14. Seat heating up for McElwain?
    We will have to play well and beat them. UF sucks but UK is a good team

vCash
    It's ok to admit sometimes a team is better than you. It wasn't because we quit, it wasn't lack of effort, etc...sometimes the guy across from you just whips your butt. It happens in every sport. We are gonna have a good season and we are probably a year ahead of schedule so a lot to look forward too. Tonight sucks, lick our wounds and get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

It's ridiculous to have small WR's like that at this stage of his tenure here. That's piss poor depth chart management. And unexcusable when message board posters see it coming years out but our coach doesn't. At least it's getting fixed- but it still sucks in the meantime.

That limits our passing attack and places stress on the rest of our offense. Two INT's- I believe both led Georgia TD's. Because we could not get the ball to our smurfs.
    I still haven't figured out what Top Ten team you coach. Are you Nick Saben!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I said in my observations last week that this would be a very tough matchup for us because Georgia is the 2nd best team we will play this year against the run. If you can shut us down in the run game we are in trouble because Fitz is still a very raw passer and we are less talented at WR than most any position on the team. Our WRs literally could get no separation against the GA DBs. Auburn is very good against the run as well but not as good as GA.
    And he stares his receivers down badly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

That one DB manhandled Donald Gray before he got the ball. They showed four pass break ups by that #18 did and the only one he didn’t pass interference on was the interception.

vCash
    Classy guy. Smart isn’t a good head coach though. They won’t get those calls next week and TN will get penetration on their OL. I bet TN gets sacks next week as well on that QB. They couldn’t make holes without holding. They aren’t Alabama and Alabama doesn’t have to hold every play. Alabama will stomp UGA. I also predict Eason transfers after this year. It’s easy to run and pass when you get to do what UGA did to our OL. Sometimes on some of those TD plays there were as many as three holds going on. It was bad. I have never seen that much holding in my life not called. Just bad.
    Smart was a good coach tonight