Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Official EliteDawgs Game Thread: State vs JAWGA sponsored by UglyBulldogBreeders.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Every ng in a 3-4 is double teamed.
    You can post some stupid shit. Did you even watch the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You can post some stupid shit. Did you even watch the game.
    So NGs aren't double teamed in a 3-4?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If you think "personnel " I.E. recruiting is totally controllable then you are deranged. I agree with what you you are saying about our receivers but damn, we got our butts handed to us , ass over tea kettles. They were better than us all the way around. It sucks, but it is what it is. Unless you want to pull an Ole Miss there is no quick solution. If you want to do it without going rogue, then you do what we are doing.
    This is Dan's 9th ****ing season. It's past time to have receivers over 6'0" tall. It is controllable- all we had to do is offer Jaylen Smith from Pascagoula who is now Louisville's top WR and is 6'3". You look at your recruiting prospects lists and say "Oh, we don't have any WR's over 5'10". Who is our top guy that's 6'2" or above?" How do you explain how we have TWO four star WR's currently committed that are both listed at 6'3" or taller? It's not because we're going rogue. We lost this game 3-4 fours ago.

vCash
    Our WRs are still good enough for us to win some games. Fitz missed Thomas for a TD twice. At the same time, our WRs did not win any 50/50 balls and didnt get open very well so I see where the bitching comes from, and yes we are getting some bigger WRs but believe in our guys. Gray is a good player, it was UGA's night like it was ours last week. Auburn game will tell us a lot about this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Our WRs are still good enough for us to win some games. Fitz missed Thomas for a TD twice. At the same time, our WRs did not win any 50/50 balls and didnt get open very well so I see where the bitching comes from, and yes we are getting some bigger WRs but believe in our guys. Gray is a good player, it was UGA's night like it was ours last week. Auburn game will tell us a lot about this team.
    I don't think our smaller guys are bad players at all. I think they are being asked to do some things that don't fit their skill set all that well. Gray, Thomas, etc. are all really good slot WR's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think our smaller guys are bad players at all. I think they are being asked to do some things that don't fit their skill set all that well. Gray, Thomas, etc. are all really good slot WR's.
    Where the hell was Jordan Thomas tonight? I dont recall ever seeing him

vCash
    Where the hell was Jordan Thomas tonight? I dont recall ever seeing him
    That's a good question. I saw him on the field- we just didn't throw it to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's a good question. I saw him on the field- we just didn't throw it to him.
    He was open twice in the end zone on that one drive that ended with the dual penalty/no call. Fitz didn't see him I guess.

vCash
    Theres no excuse to not get him involved. People dont realize the athlete he is at his size. Hes faster than Bear Wilson was. Need him to step up and be a player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He was open twice in the end zone on that one drive that ended with the dual penalty/no call. Fitz didn't see him I guess.
    On the play where UGA got out of 2 penalties (shocker with that crew) Thomas was wide ass open at the goal line fitz didnt see him

vCash
    Theres no excuse to not get him involved. People dont realize the athlete he is at his size. Hes faster than Bear Wilson was. Need him to step up and be a player
    This! He needs it early and often. We got to use him like Gronk. Heck at very least give him some 50/50 ball

I would run him up the seam on just about every pass play and say see if y'all can stop him.

vCash
    On the play where UGA got out of 2 penalties (shocker with that crew) Thomas was wide ass open at the goal line fitz didnt see him
    Yep you saw it too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Noticed when peters was in they couldn't get the edge on his side. When Cleveland was in the ran wide to that side. Also of course Cleveland got beat all night long in coverage. Just doesn't have the speed or hips to be a corner.
    He has been getting beat since ge started here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He has been getting beat since ge started here.
    Yeah he just doesn't have the speed or loose hips to play cb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's concerning to me. I really hope Simmons doesn't show up a week and skip a week like Chris jones used to
    This was the stupid post. Jeff was getting held and sometimes tripled teamed tonight. Go back and watch the replay. Where were our linebackers should have been your question. Simmons will come to play every down. While he is being doubled team, some else should be making the play.