Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official EliteDawgs Game Thread: State vs JAWGA sponsored by UglyBulldogBreeders.com

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Official EliteDawgs Game Thread: State vs JAWGA sponsored by UglyBulldogBreeders.com

Alright. Here we go again. Bulldog fight and we are down between the Hedges.

Now we may not kick until 6 on ESPN, but dammit it's time for a Game Thread.

Let's do this.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

vCash
    I just hate that Okie St / TCU precedes our game (i.e., a lot of points and they may run into our time-slot).

MSU 27, UGA 13

Hail State!!!

vCash
    IT'S ALMOST TIME!!!!! Everybody ready. It's time for us to tame those bulldog wannabes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I just hate that Okie St / TCU precedes our game (i.e., a lot of points and they may run into our time-slot).

MSU 27, UGA 13

Hail State!!!
    Don't worry if they run over they'll switch us to espn news until that ones over

vCash
    Maroon and White Dawgs over Red and Black dawgs!

HailState

vCash
    From HailState
    MSU (3-0, 1-0 SEC) is in the midst of a three-game stretch against Top-15 ranked teams highlighted by a 37-7 blowout of then-No. 11 LSU last Saturday in Davis Wade Stadium. Georgia (3-0, 0-0) is playing its SEC opener after victories to start the season against Appalachian State, No. 19 Notre Dame and Samford.

Two of the league's top defensive units clash as MSU allows only 9.3 points per game, which is second in the SEC. Georgia gives up 14.9 points per contest, which is fifth in the league. State is the only team in the nation to boast a scoring offense and a scoring defense in the Top 10 nationally. MSU has put up at least 37 points in all three games this year and at least 35 points in eight out of its last 10 games dating back to last season's Kentucky game on Oct. 22.

State is seeking its first victory in Athens since Oct. 6, 1956 when it won 19-7.

Mullen Watch
    Head coach Dan Mullen, the Dodd Trophy National Coach of the Week, is just one win shy of tying College Football Hall of Famer Allyn McKeen for second in Bulldog all-time victories. Mullen is 64-42 overall and he's 14-5 against the SEC East. McKeen went 65-19-3 from 1939-48.

Fitzgerald Watch
    Nick Fitzgerald, the Maxwell Award National Player of the Week, leads the SEC in touchdowns responsible (12) and he is third nationally in points responsible. Fitzgerald has rushed for at least one touchdown in six straight games dating back to last season's Arkansas game. That streak is one game shy of the school record held by James Johnson who did it in seven straight in 1997. Fitzgerald is averaging 261.0 yards per game of total offense. He's thrown seven touchdowns to only one interception. Fitzgerald returns to his home state this weekend.

All Aboard the "A-Train"
    West Point native Aeris Williams ranks second in the SEC in rushing, averaging 112.0 yard per game. Williams is the first Bulldog running back with back-to-back 100-yard rushing games since Josh Robinson did it against LSU and Texas A&M during the historic 2014 season.

vCash

MSU 27, UGA 13

Hail State!!!

It's very likely actually.. only a 30 minute buffer show in between. Games are going longer.

vCash
    Line down to UGA -2.

Not sure I've seen this much movement on game day before

vCash

MSU 27, UGA 13

Hail State!!!
    It'll almost certainly run long. But ESPN has been good about putting the scheduled game on ESPNews, etc. So we won't miss anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Line down to UGA -2.

A line moving 3 points in the past 3 days is almost unheard of.

vCash
    Let's go whoop that ass!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Awesome!

vCash

For those of you in Athens

Enjoy yourselves, it's a beautiful day, explore the campus.

Go UGA!!!!$

vCash
    Last week ND totally dispatched BC offensively. Clemson has 7 points right before the half vs BC. I hope this is just Clemson sleepwalking and not a sign of how good Georgia is defensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Line down to UGA -2.

... and now most of the public money is on UGA. Vegas has this right where they want it. They need State to win, and that's a good thing.

vCash
    Anyone remember o'korn? He's in at qb for Michigan and looking good. Might be the new starter there

vCash
    Pretty large State crowd here - at least compared to 2011. Met some good Dawgs today at the tailgate on East Campus. Visiting with my girl in the FMB now.

vCash
    Sec east today...

Tenn looked terrible beating one of the worst teams in CFB

South Carolina down 6-0 at half to a team we absolutely destroyed

Vandy getting treated like, well vandy vs bama