Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's our rushing stats through those same 6 SEC Games:

UK-39 Attempts 281 yards
    AM-58 Attempts 365 yards
    Bama-35 Attempts 94 yards
    Arky-35 Attempts 205 yards
    unm-47 Attempts 457 yards
    LSU-48 Attempts 285 yards

That's 262 Attempts for 1687 yards. 281 yards per game and 6.4 yards a carry

If you take out the Bama game. 227 Attempts for 1593 yards. 319 yards per game at 7.0 yards per carry

I had to do the math twice to make sure I wasn't misreading it. Our Ground game has been dang near unstoppable in SEC action. Those are some serious number against SEC competition. That's a big enough sample size to say that this is a trend and not an aberration.
    Yup. We are past the point of teams adjusting to the film.

Something is going on. UGA is good, but I think their offense puts them in some tough spots defensively tomorrow night which leads to some easy points.

vCash

UK-39 Attempts 281 yards
    AM-58 Attempts 365 yards

If you take out the Bama game. 227 Attempts for 1593 yards. 319 yards per game at 7.0 yards per carry

I had to do the math twice to make sure I wasn't misreading it. Our Ground game has been dang near unstoppable in SEC action. Those are some serious number against SEC competition. That's a big enough sample size to say that this is a trend and not an aberration.
    But our OL sucks***

vCash
    I just don't think UGA is very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I just don't think UGA is very good.
    They are putting way too much weight on that Notre Dame game. They beat ND by 1 point.

vCash
    I predicted earlier this week 27-14 State, so I don't think you're that far off.

vCash

UK-39 Attempts 281 yards
    AM-58 Attempts 365 yards

You can't ignore the Bama game, though. UGA's run defense is extremely good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You can't ignore the Bama game, though. UGA's run defense is extremely good.
    True uga has a great defense. So did LSU. Last week this time people seemed to think we wouldn't be able to run the ball against them either, but we put almost 300 on them. It's definitely going to be an interesting matchup.

vCash
    True uga has a great defense. So did LSU. Last week this time people seemed to think we wouldn't be able to run the ball against them either, but we put almost 300 on them. It's definitely going to be an interesting matchup.
    Interesting indeed. I'm not saying we won't run it on them, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume we will. LSU was a big test, but they were a little hobbled and lost 2-3 more in their 2-deep during that game.

Would it have mattered? No, almost certainly not, we were clearly better than them. I do think UGA is better on defense, though, especially up front. If we can run on them, we can run on anybody, including Alabama.

vCash
    I think too many people think bc Smart coached under Saban, he IS Saban. He is not, and I think we prove that Saturday. Maroon Dawgs 27 Other Dawgs 16

vCash

UK-39 Attempts 281 yards
    AM-58 Attempts 365 yards

but A&M, Arky, and UM D were all horrible last year (if i remember right and without checking any stats). KY probably pretty bad too. So LSU stands out as ab aberration, maybe. we'll find out tomorrow. i'm cautiously optimistic at this point about the offense. but i don't think it matters. i think the D is legit, and the O at least good enough that you can't keep giving them the chances that the D will grant them.

vCash
    Georgia's front 7 will be the best we've faced since Bama and the best or second best we will face this year.

vCash
    Will we rush for 300 against uga? Probably not. But I can see us going for 200 or close to it. With the other weapons we have on offense and our d if we protect the ball that's plenty. The point is our run game has proved itself over an sec schedule. And it's not just how many yards, it's the yards per carry and the fact we get tackled for a loss very rarely. That's an efficient run game.It makes defenses have to gameplan to stop it and it opens up other windows. I'm confident that we will run it efficiently enough to win.

It ain't Holloway up the middle anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    1. Can we match their intensity? They will be jacked and We have to bring it just like we did last week, and that is tough to do two weeks in a row.

2. Can fitz outplay fromm in the passing game? They will slow our ground game and we will slow theirs.
    I think UGA will come out flat. Watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    I think UGA will come out flat. Watch.
    If that happens, it might not be a pretty game. We know both the D and Offense can improve, but they can win as is. Add on to that that Cooke will flip the field if necessary, and Christmann can hit 45 yarders. The Maroon Dawgs are a dangerous bunch. I'm really looking forward to this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    If that happens, it might not be a pretty game. We know both the D and Offense can improve, but they can win as is. Add on to that that Cooke will flip the field if necessary, and Christmann can hit 45 yarders. The Maroon Dawgs are a dangerous bunch. I'm really looking forward to this game.
    Something to remember too - UGA's kicker Blankenship is a high maintenance head case.

vCash
    Blackout night. I'm glad UGA knows they need to dress for burial.

MSU 20, UGA 10
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I really have no feel for this game. I can either team winning.

vCash
    When two tough defenses line up, give me the team with the better, more-experienced QB any day -- and that's Fitz!!!

Plus, Fitz going back home to play the school that ignored him, Abrams returning, Grantham returning... we got guys with a chip on their shoulder.

Also, I love the "swagger" that Simmons and Abrams and Sweat and Bryant and MacLauren bring to the field -- this D may be the nastiest we've had since the late 90s.

MSU 27, UGA 13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really have no feel for this game. I can either team winning.
    Melting already? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Melting already? **
    Getting a head start.