Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ben Garret say...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Me thinks there are some people lying to themselves in this thread....

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????
    Nope!
    Not in this situation. There could be a situation where a player just thought he wanted to play for, lets say Ohio State and got homesick and wanted to get closer to home. I would not have a problem with it. But a player we battled with our rival for, and all the underhanded stuff that was going on, Hell no!

vCash

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????
    Well DD ain't that so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, for others in this thread, DD didn't choose Mississippi bc of thousands of dollars. He chose it bc he grew up a huge fan. His idol as a kid was shay Hodge.

vCash
    If the scenario plays out and Ole Miss players are allowed to transfer whiteout penalty and play immediately, I personally don't want a single kid that we recruited heavily and those kids still chose Ole Miss over us. I don't give a damn if it is a 5 star receiver and definitely don't care about a little cb. Those few on that team that we went after hard and they thumbed their noses in our coaching staffs faces at the end don't DESERVE an opportunity to play for MSU now. Now if one of the 5 star wide receivers or a certain offensive lineman that we didn't recruit would be interested in coming then maybe I would give them a shot. But we can find a DD Bowie as easily in next years class without even worrying w the Ole Miss players jumping from a sinking ship. How they signed there with all the water filling the boat up before they signed is reason enough not to take them.
    Last edited by whosyourdawgy; 09-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    I'd take AJ Brown all day.

vCash
    I'm glad Dan gets the final say in all of this, and not y'all, lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    i'll agree with that on all counts. I think he's earned our trust in making these decisions whether he tells them to go jump in a lake or whether he takes one of them. I trust him on this.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Yes I'd take DD**

vCash
    We only take a limited number of JUCO players so he'd have to get in line coming from TCUN. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If they let that kid in our locker room, they need their heads examined. No way. No how, do you mess up this team's chemistry this year or next.
    I agree with this. Was talking about this last night with my son about have you really have to be careful about chemistry. When Saban gets mad at reporters on years following NC teams it is because he understands that the next team is going to be only as good as their chemistry allows them to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    We only take a limited number of JUCO players so he'd have to get in line coming from TCUN. ***
    Rep
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yes I'd take DD**
    Dan nailing the punchline for the thread***

vCash
    Went to the MS/AL game, Bowie looked slow to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I understand that point of view, but I think bringing anyone who has been entrenched in the Ole Miss culture and isnused to that mentality could easily become a detriment to our culture and our locker room. I don't give a damn if it's Tom Brady, no player is worth that risk when you've already got things going in the right direction. If we sucked, yeah... bring him in.
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I'd take AJ Brown all day.
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    He may have two kids, but that doesn't mean he is a trainwreck. He is a very talented player that could help our team and he made a business decision to help his family. He really had no choice.
    Yes he had a choice.

vCash
    The rest of this thread reads like something from OM's Spirit boards....Serious, wtf?
    100% this.

vCash

Wrong state TUSK
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    He may have two kids, but that doesn't mean he is a trainwreck. He is a very talented player that could help our team and he made a business decision to help his family. He really had no choice.
    If you have two kids, wouldn't a "business decision" have been to get up and work 60 hour weeks at a job with a paycheck? Then you could pay for food, diapers, clothes, etc. How do you provide for your kids as a college student?

vCash
    yep, we'd likely find that YDL is the "forgiving", "2nd chances-kinda-guy" with a heart and compassion....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Someone mentioned team chemistry. I don't think that can be overstated and Dan knows this. This team has it and no amount of 5 star talent can buy that.