Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Garret say...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Trust me when I tell you, DD regrets his decision bad. He'd love to be a bulldog.
    Requesting that preachermatt have his user name changed to Back Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    I would take him. He went there because of a business deal and he needed to take care of his kid. Can't really blame him too much.
    Exactly. He had a family to take care of and Freeze lied to his face. Also, the kid was never disrespectful to us during the recruitment process like AJ and the Hat Tosser. Grow up, everyone.

vCash
    Any recruit that chose the plantation over us can stay there and go down with the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Trust me when I tell you, DD regrets his decision bad. He'd love to be a bulldog.
    Tough nuggies.....
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Requesting that preachermatt have his user name changed to Back Channel

Exactly. He had a family to take care of and Freeze lied to his face. Also, the kid was never disrespectful to us during the recruitment process like AJ and the Hat Tosser. Grow up, everyone.
    Matt Luke and Steve R from New Hope loves him some Hat Tosser even if he did steal all his guns. Luke lived out there during this kids recruitment.

vCash
    Anybody that went to the Plantation is damaged goods at this point because of their association with the Plantation. We need to stay away from them.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope we don't touch this. I will be reallly surprised if he is making the grades at OM. He is not a very bright young man.

vCash
    It's funny people would want a kid that (a) has baggage (b) can't even crack the lineup on a sorry team
    We aren't interested in him at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Anybody that went to the Plantation is damaged goods at this point because of their association with the Plantation. We need to stay away from them.
    This all day long. Excellent point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's funny people would want a kid that (a) has baggage (b) can't even crack the lineup on a sorry team
    We aren't interested in him at all.
    He is a true freshman at a school where they have like 3 5* WRs. If there's one position that OM has that could be described as elite, it's their receivers.

vCash
    All he has to do is enroll in juco and follow the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    He is a true freshman at a school where they have like 3 5* WRs. If there's one position that OM has that could be described as elite, it's their receivers.
    Your point would be valid if he'd actually been recruited to play WR. They're playing him at CB, which is where they planned to play him all along. This isn't a case where he can't get reps at WR so they switched him to CB. CB is always where they planned for him to play. I don't know what their CB situation is like to read anything to his PT there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawggrad08 View Post
    Your point would be valid if he'd actually been recruited to play WR. They're playing him at CB, which is where they planned to play him all along. This isn't a case where he can't get reps at WR so they switched him to CB. CB is always where they planned for him to play. I don't know what their CB situation is like to read anything to his PT there.
    Pretty sure he played DB in their first game and got hurt.

vCash
    Thanks but no thanks. Do not want. Has nothing to do with him being at om either. Barring a complete attitude and mindset change, he couldn't make it in our program.

vCash
    I would take him. He went there because of a business deal and he needed to take care of his kid. Can't really blame him too much.
    I thought he had two kids, he's a trainwreck! We don't need him or AJ on our team.

vCash
    Do you think if any of TSUN's players transfer out especially to State than they will come out and say we gave money to them, and try and make them ineligible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So then do we not accept new recruits, either? I don't see how this would be different than any other new player coming in with regard to chemistry.
    If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.

vCash
    I'd take any player from any school that has the talent to make us better and doesnt come with any kind of baggage/legal trouble/expulsion. Not necessarily as it pertains to DD but in general. Getting to Atlanta takes more than hardworkers who love your school. Talent >>>>>

vCash
    He may have two kids, but that doesn't mean he is a trainwreck. He is a very talented player that could help our team and he made a business decision to help his family. He really had no choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.
    He was a high school kid that believed what adults were telling him. I can't really blame him. Who knows what other pressures he had as well. If he has been there and now realizes how much better an option State is, then I don't see any reason to tell him no thanks.

Do we stop recruiting JUCO kids because they picked a different school coming out of HS? I get that it's Ole Miss, but there's no reason to hurt ourselves because of the rivalry.

vCash
    That's a lie. Life is about decisions and consequences. Sometimes you get a second chance and sometimes you don't. This is a case where I hope there is no second chance as it pertains to MSU.

I don't wish any kid any ill will. I hope he gets to transfer and showcase his talent, just not at MSU.