Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ben Garret say...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I thought he had two kids, he's a trainwreck! We don't need him or AJ on our team.
    Should we kick off all the "trainwrecks" on our football and basketball teams with kids then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I'd take any player from any school that has the talent to make us better and doesnt come with any kind of baggage/legal trouble/expulsion. Not necessarily as it pertains to DD but in general. Getting to Atlanta takes more than hardworkers who love your school. Talent >>>>>
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    He is a true freshman at a school where they have like 3 5* WRs. If there's one position that OM has that could be described as elite, it's their receivers.
    He's not a WR.....I'm not getting into everything on him, but we don't want him.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    With the toxicity level that it is on the OM end, I would not willing to bring anyone from that current team to this one. They would do everything in their power to ruin that student and quite likely try to hurt MSU.
    It ain't worth it. Any player they have currently, we could match any player they currently have with a recruit in the '18 and '19 classes, except for maybe AJ. And Malik Heath would be my choice over him. You have guys there that are tainted - not so much by the rivalry , but more so by the lack of coaching, the lifestyle as an athlete, and the loss of those beginning years in the program, at OM that would all have to be removed from their psyche and rebuilt. I say NOPE. Keep finding players that WANT to be here from the word GO.
    They want to be here???? Go the juco route for a season and prove that you do on the field( improvement) and academically ( in the classroom). THEN I might consider it.

vCash
    His being at om has nothing to do with it. He is a lot more quay Evans than taveze Calhoun (all 3 from Morton).

vCash
    I wouldn't take anyone just in case they aren't out of the woods with the NCAA. Lodge and/or Metcalf would be tempting though.

vCash
    NO!
    He chose The Cheetahs, we don't want him. He would be a nasty virus in the locker room.
    Think about the guy he replaces that chose us up front and made the team. How does that look and feel?
    NO!!!!

vCash
    MSU isn't DD's only option as I recall FSU was recruiting him.

vCash
    I dont know him and he may be a great kid but anyone associated with unm is radioactive.

vCash
    No deal.. No one from ole ..... They have not worked or earned the reward to play at MSU. PERIOD. We don't need these in the locker room. We should not have the scholarship slots either.

vCash
    Some of you people are crazy.

I'm not sure if there is anybody we would want or take, but I would hope our coaches wouldn't reject any transfer just because they went to UM first.

I don't doubt that UM has more than their fair share of players that would be locker room problems because that naturally happens with their recruiting strategy and tactics, but an 18 year old kid just doing what's best for his family financially is not some sign of an unforgivable character flaw.

We may not be throwing money around like Ole Miss did, but we have players that have accepted inducements also and that have no problem coming and working and being team players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Some of you people are crazy.

I'm not sure if there is anybody we would want or take, but I would hope our coaches wouldn't reject any transfer just because they went to UM first.

I don't doubt that UM has more than their fair share of players that would be locker room problems because that naturally happens with their recruiting strategy and tactics, but an 18 year old kid just doing what's best for his family financially is not some sign of an unforgivable character flaw.

We may not be throwing money around like Ole Miss did, but we have players that have accepted inducements also and that have no problem coming and working and being team players.
    This^^^^

The rest of this thread reads like something from OM's Spirit boards....Serious, wtf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.
    So I guess you are pissed we took Abram after he left UGA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He was a high school kid that believed what adults were telling him. I can't really blame him. Who knows what other pressures he had as well. If he has been there and now realizes how much better an option State is, then I don't see any reason to tell him no thanks.

Do we stop recruiting JUCO kids because they picked a different school coming out of HS? I get that it's Ole Miss, but there's no reason to hurt ourselves because of the rivalry.
    I understand that point of view, but I think bringing anyone who has been entrenched in the Ole Miss culture and isnused to that mentality could easily become a detriment to our culture and our locker room. I don't give a damn if it's Tom Brady, no player is worth that risk when you've already got things going in the right direction. If we sucked, yeah... bring him in.

vCash
    If/when that happens, we'll just have to trust Mullen to make the best decision and trust it. Heard rumors AJ reached out and he was told to pound sand by Mullen. If he's ok bringing someone in then I'll trust that decision until I have reason not to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If/when that happens, we'll just have to trust Mullen to make the best decision and trust it. Heard rumors AJ reached out and he was told to pound sand by Mullen. If he's ok bringing someone in then I'll trust that decision until I have reason not to.
    This. DM is the one that would ultimately gain or lose from letting anyone transfer in so I'd have to trust his judgement.

vCash
    I understand that point of view, but I think bringing anyone who has been entrenched in the Ole Miss culture and isnused to that mentality could easily become a detriment to our culture and our locker room. I don't give a damn if it's Tom Brady, no player is worth that risk when you've already got things going in the right direction. If we sucked, yeah... bring him in.
    I get it, but I don't think Bowie has been there long enough to become 'entrenched' in the culture, especially if he got there and immediately wanted out.

Just sounds like a kid who listened to the wrong people, made a bad decision, and now realizes he made a mistake.

vCash
    Me thinks there are some people lying to themselves in this thread....

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Me thinks there are some people lying to themselves in this thread....

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????
    I wouldn't take a single player off their roster. The only exception would be that the transferring player meet in length with the NCAA to corroborate accusations for NOA#3. At that point they would have the option to walk on.

vCash
    If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.
    Hack is on point. Agree