Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnathan Abram giving UGA bulletin board material

vCash

Johnathan Abram giving UGA bulletin board material

"It will be a great feeling," Abram told The Clarion-Ledger. "To get a chance to go between the hedges but on the opposite side ... I mean, I just look forward to going in with my team and, honestly, just beating the brakes off of them."

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Re...-UGA-107744243

http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/1...-UGA-107744243

vCash
    Just be a boss and back it up like J simmons did last week

vCash
    By all means a low post count guy should spread this far and wide.

vCash
    He said this Monday. I read it then. Try to stay up.

Also, good. I like it. I also want smoot and boobie on the sideline every game.

vCash
    Meh... I don't really care what players say leading up to a big game like this. If Georgia needs abram talking crap to get them up, they have problems and vice versa.

vCash
    It's already spread far and wide. I saw it on twitter. I didn't see it mentioned here, so I thought I would let you guys in. FWIW I don't feel like it's that big of a deal. He has a history with them, so it's not like a random backup calling them out.

vCash
    Barrett Sallee said Smart has faced Mullen over the years and knows exactly what he's gonna do on offense. He also said Fromm was gonna be just a good enough QB to let Chubb and Michele do their jobs.

I freakin' hate Sallee.

vCash
    It's not a big deal. Way worse stuff is said on the field every game. Your either good enough to win or you're not. I like my defense having some swag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post
    It's already spread far and wide. I saw it on twitter. I didn't see it mentioned here, so I thought I would let you guys in. FWIW I don't feel like it's that big of a deal. He has a history with them, so it's not like a random backup calling them out.
    Yea my response was kind of a jerk when I reread it. Sorry. But yea, no big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea my response was kind of a jerk when I reread it. Sorry. But yea, no big deal.
    I didn't think you were a jerk. I like my defense with swag, too. Speaking of which, I think Simmons' pregame antics against LSU really got in their heads. I was mostly replying to Liverpool... I mean it was reported by Will Sammon and is currently making the rounds on twitter and the UGA boards.

vCash
    The confidence is contagious. Mullen, Grantham, players and staff. It ain't cocky, it is confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    The confidence is contagious. Mullen, Grantham, players and staff. It ain't cocky, it is confidence.
    I agree. This team is exuding confidence. What's the saying it ain't talk if you can back it up. We have been the bullied in times past, time for us to be the bully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree. This team is exuding confidence. What's the saying it ain't talk if you can back it up. We have been the bullied in times past, time for us to be the bully.
    This. Just like Simmons getting into it with LSU Saturday before the game and then wrecking them during the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Barrett Sallee said Smart has faced Mullen over the years and knows exactly what he's gonna do on offense. He also said Fromm was gonna be just a good enough QB to let Chubb and Michele do their jobs.

I freakin' hate Sallee.
    And Mullen knows what Smart will do with lesser players than he had at Bama

Right? Doesn't Smart scheme the exact same way in this game as he did in the 2014 game in Tuscy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Right? Doesn't Smart scheme the exact same way in this game as he did in the 2014 game in Tuscy?
    Yep. Here's something else to consider. Smart may have been the dc but I guarantee Saban was calling most of the shots. That bama defense is Sabans defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep. Here's something else to consider. Smart may have been the dc but I guarantee Saban was calling most of the shots. That bama defense is Sabans defense.
    It'll be interesting to see if Smart can make the adjustments like Saban does.

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see if Smart can make the adjustments like Saban does.
    Yes it will. I in no way shape or form believe smart is Saban 2.0.

vCash

I'd guess Smart's D strategy would be very similar to when he was D.C. @ Bammer... and why shouldn't it? It was successful... including 2014, especially considering it was a transitional year.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'd guess Smart's D strategy would be very similar to when he was D.C. @ Bammer... and why shouldn't it? It was successful... including 2014, especially considering it was a transitional year.
    True but uga ain't bama and smart ain't Saban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I totally agree. Smart's strategy should be exactly the same.

The negative: it's worked multiple times.

The positive: Mullen knows exactly what to expect and has probably had the scout teams doing it all week. And our scout team defense may be better than Ole Miss' starting defense